URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 1128
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"HOH format is in need of an overhaul"

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-27-06 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-06 AT 01:01 PM (EST)

I've always disagreed with the BB format where an HOH is unable to compete for the following weeks HOH competition. The show would have a much more competitive tone in HOH competitions if people were not dodging winning for fear that they would be too vulnerable for the following week in the house when they were ineligible for HOH.

A good example of this is a show like Survivor. Players are always eligible for the immunity challenges, even if they have won it numerous times in a row. It creates a more urgent style of game playing and keeps everyone in the game at peak involvement and drive.

Having all players eligible for HOH at all times in the house would force everyone to step it up. Some may say it would be boring or whatever to have , say, Janelle, winning HOH a few weeks in a row, but, I disagree. That possibility alone would make the position and the competition of HOH much more sought after and necessary to everyone involved in the game.

edited for rediculous spelling errors.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: HOH format is in need of an overhaul"
Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-28-06 at 02:22 PM
Surely, someone here has to have an opinion on this?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-28-06 at 02:36 PM
The HOH should change, probably, but what really needs an overhaul is the POV format. Enough of this ridiculous backdooring; give people a chance to save themselves.

Here's my idea:

Before jury selection begins, only the HOH, nominees, and one other person chosen at random compete for the POV. People can volunteer in secret for the POV competition, and if there are any volunteers, the name is drawn from only those who volunteer. Once a person is randomly chosen for the POV, they cannot be randomly chosen again for the rest of the game, but they can compete as HOH or nominee. The POV works as it does in our time. This way, people win the POV on their own merits, not by counting on other people to throw it.

At the same time, the rest of the house competes for what's called the Second Chance (or whatever they choose to name it.) Competition is in secret, one at a time, and the winner is not revealed until the POV ceremony. Here's how it works - it's like Russian Roulette nomination. If the HOH replaces the vetoed nominee with someone who does not hold the Second Chance, nothing happens. If the SC winner IS put up, not only is that nomination blocked, but the SC winner then has the chance to put up someone of their own choosing.

Once the jury selection begins, and nine are left, everyone competes for POV. No more of this backdooring garbage; you earn it, you stay. You don't, you can go home. What happened to James in BB6 should happen to no one playing BB.

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-28-06 at 02:49 PM
One thing I very much agree with you on, Colonel, is the POV activity. Outside of Janelle, fighting for her life in the house continually, and thus for the POV, most of the players either A) don't want the POV, or B) throw the competitions so that a particular houseguest can get it. There is nothing interesting or exciting about the POV anymore.

Regarding the backdooring of players, I agree with you also. Seems rather lame that you get tossed on the block because someone took themselves off and you have no "last ditch chance" at the same stay of execution.

I would not, however, cry a river for James and his eviction, because he has been just as much a player and manipulator at backdooring others through this season.. I would make changes though, for next year because the format, as it stands, is rather predictible and not exciting.

Posted by nailbone on 08-28-06 at 03:17 PM
Regarding the backdooring of players, I agree with you also. Seems rather lame that you get tossed on the block because someone took themselves off and you have no "last ditch chance" at the same stay of execution.

Ah, but if you work good strategy, you don't get put up in the place of the veto'ed players in the first place (see WillBoogie, et al. this season)

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Snidget on 08-28-06 at 02:45 PM
Part of what makes things interesting for me is that each show has different rules and they don't all do it the same way.

Every set of rules requires a different set of strategies, so how someone plays a given game and uses the rules to further themselves is more interesting to me when different games have different rules.

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-28-06 at 02:53 PM
>Part of what makes things interesting
>for me is that each
>show has different rules and
>they don't all do it
>the same way.
>
>Every set of rules requires a
>different set of strategies, so
>how someone plays a given
>game and uses the rules
>to further themselves is more
>interesting to me when different
>games have different rules.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but, I feel that in this show, or any reality show, when someone has the potential to control their future on the show, it makes for a harder fought environment.

With all the fretting over being ineligible the following week if one gets HOH, many people give a ton of half assed efforts and really, there is no huge reason to behave differently.

Posted by Snidget on 08-28-06 at 03:29 PM
Even in shows were you can win week after week a lot of people don't try all that hard to do that.

You win too many weeks in a row you are typically sitting there with a huge target on your back and the first week you lose you are gone. If you are lucky you can win all of them, or if you have good enough game outside of the competitions you can avoid getting tossed the one week you lose.

On any show there is a strategy of playing UTR and not winning stuff all the time. Don't assume that everyone goes all out every week in shows where you can win all the time.

Posted by Aruba on 08-28-06 at 06:58 PM
>Even in shows were you can win week after week a lot of people >don't try all that hard to do that.

Sadly this is true...especially when they realize how pathetically inept they are in challenges, contests and other various competitions. Hey, you don't have to win every challenges; but at least give 100%. If not for themselves at least for the viewers and morso for the tens of thousands of applicants who would give anything to be in their position and would show it be putting out optimum effort. As for UTR or coattail riding being a "strategy"...for the most part I'm not totally buying it.
I relate that cop-out to what I refer to as the "Nostrodomos School of Prophecy". In other words wait for the event to occur and then "back into" the prediction. When a reality show contestant realizes how bad they are, they will "back into" this so-called strategy of UTR as a matter of self-preservation.

If everyone gives 100% you will still have the social element in the game which is important. It's just very disheartening to have a contestant give-up, cop-out, take the lazy way out and then be rewarded for it.

But the ones really to blame are the casting crews who select these imept participants and the other contestants who putt out full effort but are idiotic enough to let these loafers get away with it.

"Smart play beats challenge play"
Posted by michel on 08-28-06 at 09:00 PM

>You don't have to win
>every challenges; but at least
>give 100%.

Fairly utopic I would say when many Pro athletes don't give 100% every night even when you pay to see them live.

>If everyone gives 100% you will
>still have the social element
>in the game which is
>important. It's just very
>disheartening to have a contestant
>give-up, cop-out, take the lazy
>way out and then be
>rewarded for it.

# of HOH won by Will = 0
# of HOH in which Will gave 100% effort = 0
# of POV Will won = 0
# of eviction decided by Will = all of them except when both nominees suited him.
Best player in the house = Will
I'd say Will proves that strategy is so much more important than winning competitions. He's made this season watchable.

>But the ones really to blame
>are...the other contestants who put
>out full effort but are
>idiotic enough to let these
>loafers get away with it.

What good is a full effort if once you've won a competition you make an idiotic decision? Anyway, keeping an inept player isn't necessarily a bad strategy. Will has kept Chicken George and Erika this far and despite 1 win each, they were probably the most inept players at the start (besides Howie but that is another matter). Those players are the disposable ones and why not keep them if you control them.

"RE: Smart play beats challenge play"
Posted by Aruba on 08-29-06 at 07:10 AM
Janelle AND Will = Best PlayerS in the House. I wouldn't be so quick to give the undisputed title to Will.

Will's success this season is far more credited to the absolute morons he is playing with, not to the fact he hasn't won anything. As I stated in my post, I'll never criticize someone for losing AS LONG AS THEY TRY. For the most part, and I know Will and Boogie would say(lie) otherwise, Will has been trying. He just doesn't want to admit that a buxom blonde with fake hair and fake boobs is kicking his butt.

Winning a competition and then making an idiotic decision is NOT a FULL effort. That's a HALF effort. So I agree with you when you state what good is winning a competiton and making an idiotic decision? A COMPLETE player putting out optimum effort would not do that. They would WIN the competition AND make a SMART decision.

"Keeping an inept player isn't necessarily a bad strategy??"

REALLY??? Tell that to the HGs in BB3 as well as BB4. Tell that to the Survivor castaways in Pearl Islands and Marquese??

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-06 at 07:44 AM

>>You don't have to win
>>every challenges; but at least
>>give 100%.

>Fairly utopic I would say when
>many Pro athletes don't give
>100% every night even when
>you pay to see them
>live.
>

Unfortunatelty there are Prima Donas in professional sports who don't utilize all the gifts they are blessed with. The real sports fans and purists know who they are and rightfully are criticized for that. Personally I put them in the same category as those reality show contestants who refuse to utilize the awesome experienxe they have been given (that thousands of others would die for) by not putting out optimum effort.

But to refer to it as "utopic" is utter nonsense. There ARE many Pro athletes that do give it their all on a consistent basis. Those are the professionals who will always be held in high regard by non-quitters and non-lazy individuals not always looking for an easy way out.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-29-06 at 12:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

Will hasn't won any comps but he controls the whole game. He even controls the person who wins the most at comps (Janelle).

I will even go so far as to say that Will is a UTR player. He doesn't stick his neck out. That's why he would rather throw the POV for a certain player to win it than to win and save that person. As a matter of fact he is the ultimate UTR player.

UTR is a strategy. Unfortunately, some people think that the only way to play BB is to win comps and nominate others for eviction. There are plenty of strategies to this game. Some strategies are just more obvious than others.

Posted by michel on 08-29-06 at 02:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

Thank you for the backing. Calling Will UTR may get you some arguments, so I'll add that he does play the game and still finds a way to remain off the radar of the other players. What people don't like are players who try to hide in a corner and win by not playing the game. That is not Will. I'd call him an active player who is also UTR. More appropriately, he plays on another level than anyone else, a level the radar can't reach!

And to adress Aruba in this new forum: Will hasn't won a competition by choice. 21 in a row, even Steph wasn't as bad! Remember, he was upset that Boogie won one and commented that exposing themselves by making the call to put up James was the riskiest move and could be their downfall. He also said Boogie made a mistake threatening CG with the secret power.

When you tried to refute my comment about keeping the inept players, you forgot that I wrote as a condition that you had to control those players. I was talking about Brian keeping Jan and Clay in Thailand and Tom using Caryn and keeping Katie in Palau. I only watched chunks of last season and this year so I can't comment on BB3 and 4 but in Marquesas and PI no one really controlled Sandra and they forgot Vee. Will is controlling everyone in this house, the adorably gullible Janelle included I think.

BTW, the utopia was in expecting one day that ALL players will give 100% in these games as well as pro sports.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-29-06 at 02:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 02:34 PM (EST)

Not sure what everybody else means by UTR. But for me UTR means that nobody can blame you for any decisions that are made. Will makes sure that somebody else is the HOH winner so he doesn't have to nom anybody. He keeps his "alliances" under cover by throwing POV comps. He also manipulates whoever the HOH is so that his threats are nominated. But he is never viewed as an immediate threat. Some of the other HG's didn't even think he was really playing. But he is definitely playing the game. He came into the house with a strategy and has worked it from day one.

Calling him UTR is NOT the same as saying he isn't playing the game but a huge part of his strategy is staying off the radar and not being considered a threat. The other part of his strategy is creating chaos and making other's think they have threats that may or may not exist...S6 vs. Floaters (totally bogus and totally created by Will not Kaysar as some people believe.)

UTR is a strategy. It is not a non-strategy where people who never play accidentally win. I personally have never seen anybody win by not playing not even Vee or Sandra from Survivor. Like I said there are many strategies. Some obvious and some not so obvious.

Even CG has a strategy which is to sit back and let all the others destroy each other. Why get in the mix when it's best to play the role of pawn and remain non-threatening?

(BTW..I don't consider CG to be one of the better players but he has found a comfortable place in the game and he is definitely "playing his role" --Will's quote.)

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-06 at 06:30 PM
As I have stated numerous time, I'm not saying you have to WIN every competiton...just try your hardest and put out your best effort. Sadly in the botton-pushing society we live in it's so easy to cop out and not give 100%. It has become so accepted that some can justify it as "strategy".

Sorry LIVEURBESTLIFE, but we have different definitions of UTR. My definition is more in line with Michel's. Actually I think that UTR, coattail-riding and floating is just as obvious, if not more obvious, than one who tries their hardest and is successfull in challenges.

Posted by LIVEURBESTLIFE on 08-29-06 at 10:11 PM
Just out of curiosity. In your definition if someone is a nonthreat does that mean they are a nonplayer?

BTW...many strategies obvious and not is not limited to UTR or constant comp winner.

Posted by Aruba on 08-30-06 at 06:33 AM
Allow me to satisfy your curosity...
If someone is a nonthreat because they are NOT putting out optimum effort, then I usually regard them as a "tainted" player. Some nonthreats have been nonplayers and ultimately a pathetic waste of space on reality shows, but not all. So it does depend on the person.

For the ump-teenth time, I personally will ALWAYS look more favorably upon an individual that proactively takes matters in their own hands and puts out 100% as opposed to those who take the easy way out and rely on other's coattails and hope that things will work their way. That has been my creed in life LONG before these reality shows were even a producer's dream.

Posted by Lasann on 08-28-06 at 03:20 PM
Well the HOH could have immunity from nomination the next week! That's a two week saftey net.

It a Tribe original!!!

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-28-06 at 05:03 PM
>Well the HOH could have immunity
>from nomination the next week!
> That's a two week
>saftey net.

Very interesting idea.. would work fine, earlier on in the game, but when the numbers dwindle, would be too difficult to give that immunity.

Maybe, it works that way for the first half on the show, than, with half of the houseguests left, all players receive HOH eligibility for the remainder.

Posted by seahorse on 08-28-06 at 11:31 PM
I like your idea.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-28-06 at 05:05 PM
I've thought about it, and I think that keeping someone from being HOH two weeks in a row makes it a little more interesting. What I do want to see more of is longer competitions that don't have results revealed on live TV right after the eviction. Sure, the competition can take place after the eviction, but most of the competitions for the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION in the house are completely lame, contrived, and arbitrary. I don't mind waiting until Sunday's episode to see the HOH competition. Thursday shows can be more for the "culture updates" that we see concerning non-game-related activities in the house.

Posted by Bob Tomato on 08-28-06 at 09:25 PM
I'd like to see the HoH concept overhauled more radically than this. Now, you have a title some people choose not to win for fear of the consequences the following week, or, like Will, who feel they can control the game more effectively without it. Next year, everyone will try this approach and no one will ever win the thing except by accident.

I'd like to see the HoH title being more of a privilege than a position of power. Give the winner the nice room, the letters from home, the secret TV. Maybe even goose it up with a private chef, a butler, whatever. Or figure out some other perk that makes it worth winning, so everyone is trying.

Have the nominations done the way they were in the first season. Everyone nominates 2 people (the HoH is exempt -- so again, it's worth competing for). The 2 with the most nominations are on the block. If there is a tie, all of the players who are tied are nominated. So, it might be 2 people, it might be ten. Only the nominees play for PoV and all you get is a trip off the block. Everyone else stays on. No more backdooring.

Let the house guests vote on the remaining nominees (instead of the ineffective popular vote).

There may be problems with this I haven't figured out yet, but I think it would make for a different and more interesting dynamic from week to week.

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-06 at 07:34 AM
I agree Sketch. That's like congratulating the Pittsburgh Steelers on winning the Superbowl then telling them not to show up next season because they are not allowed to defend their title. HUH??? WHAT???

Although I do think the show should NOT allow certain HGs to compete in next week's competitions. Here's a concept...Any HG caught tanking a competiton and handing the title to another HG, the HGs throwing the competiton and the beneficiary who does not win on their own merit is disqualified from competing next week. The decision of the producers will be final. Actually it really wouldn't be much of a decision making process since they could study a competition frame by frame and the words and actions of the HGs are monitored 24/7.

Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 01:35 PM
Any HG caught tanking a competiton and handing the title to another HG, the HGs throwing the competiton and the beneficiary who does not win on their own merit is disqualified from competing next week.

But that's a piece of strategy, and shouldn't be eliminated.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-29-06 at 05:29 PM
Any HG caught tanking a competiton and handing the title to another HG, the HGs throwing the competiton and the beneficiary who does not win on their own merit is disqualified from competing next week.

Agree with Boner that is is strategy, but I also wanted to add that it would be awfully hard to prove. For instance, during the spider web HOH comp earlier, Erika could have easily faked falling off the web instead of just handing the victory to Dani.

It would also be very hard to prove someone threw one of the true/false toll booth questions.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J., One for all, all for Janelle!

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-29-06 at 06:03 PM
This has gotten a bit off track... let me clarify a bit...

I DO think WILL has been playing an exceptional game. There are certainly different ways to play the game.

With that said, anyone who has tivo, go back and look at some of the HOH competitions. One could make many arguements that Will, at many times, WAS trying to win them, but just got outplayed. Now, with that said, he has played a very good game regardless because of his uncanny ability to manipulate.

My point with the start of this tread, being that it would make for a much more interesting game if the houseguests were always eligible for HOH, still stands. Possibly, it would not change the way the random "Will" may approach the game, but it would definitely give the ones who are fighting hard for the HOH a more level playing field in battling against the "Wills" of the game.

The way the game stands now, getting HOH creates just as bad crap as it does good crap. If you remove the ineligibility for the following week, you then will have many players going balls to the wall to get it because in their head, they will be thinking that they can win it over and over and over again.. (which they would not) but it would create a much more competitive environment over all. AND, it would even change the way the "Will'" of the game play as well... it's time for a shake up in this format.

Posted by AugustGirl on 08-29-06 at 06:09 PM
Most threads do eventually get "off track", Sketchy.

Posted by michel on 08-29-06 at 06:52 PM
Since I probably sent this off course, I want to reply. Making the retiring HOH eligible to compete wouldn't have changed the way Will played. He was eligible for each competiton and he lost them all.

>One could make
>many arguements that Will, at
>many times, WAS trying to
>win them, but just got
>outplayed.

One could make that argument and one would be wrong. The guy is probably smarter than anyone in the house and he can't get true or false answers correctly? He looks as athletic as anyone and he still can't win? He was first off the spider web, how do you explain that?

>My point with the start of
>this tread, being that it
>would make for a much
>more interesting game if the
>houseguests were always eligible for
>HOH, still stands. Possibly,
>it would not change the
>way the random "Will" may
>approach the game, but it
>would definitely give the ones
>who are fighting hard for
>the HOH a more level
>playing field in battling against
>the "Wills" of the game.

First: the "random Will"??? How many players could pull this off? I wouldn't mind having the outgoing HOH competing but what would probably happen is two alliances forming and the house turning into a bitching contest as BB6 was. Then the game would be a simple numbers game or decided by someone as dumb as Howie not being able to tell who is in his alliance and who isn't. In his case, they should have made it easier and have them playing shirt vs skin! His team had better oobies! Seeing Will mess with everyone's mind is much more interesting. Note that he never asks to be saved. He gives them so many different scenarios that they figure he must know better because he sees things they don't!

>The way the game stands now,
>getting HOH creates just as
>bad crap as it does
>good crap.

It forces you to think, now doesn't it! Last season they made it an HOH competition between alliances and besides Howie being dumb, the only reason Maggie won was because she was the best listener. Not very demanding.

>If you remove the ineligibility for the
>following week, you then will
>have many players going balls
>to the wall to get it.

Balls to the walls in a competition that asks you if true or false Jase walked Nakomis to the door? Now that is Must-see-action! Make better challenges first and make the win worthwhile. The cash prizes and the plasma TV have been incentives to lose. Make them incentives to win and your problem is solved!

>in their head,
>they will be thinking that
>they can win it over
>and over and over again..
>(which they would not)

... so it wouldn't make a difference in the end now would it?

Posted by Sketchyboi on 08-30-06 at 05:23 AM
Just to respond to Michael above....

I disagree with you on a few of your points.... first off, you cannot say that Will throws all competitions. Simply not true. He even stated so on the show.

Secondly, it would indeed even the way Will plays if all houseguests are eligible, always. It would change it for everyone involved. The fear of someone from another alliance continually winning, and picking your group off, one by one, changes the game for everyone. Will included. Earlier in this season, people often breathed a sigh of relief after a Janie week in HOH because they knew they were safe from her continuing her reign... for at least one week.. If that fear had been there, you would have definitely seen harder fought HOH competiitions.

When I used the phrase, "Balls to the wall", it was as en expression of drive and effort to win the compitions, whether they were physical or mental. You took the phrase too literally.

ALso want to point out that you say Will is physically althletic and surely Will knows the difference between true and flase answers, so surely he could dominate the competitions.... no way is this comparison remotely applicable. A lot of strong people have very little athletic ability... a lot of book smart geniuses couldn't tell ya some of the most basic of things in life... this reasoning is just not applicable.

And yes, allowing all to be eligible WOULD make a differnce in the end... and in the beginning, and the middle... it would change the whole proccess.

"Clarifications"
Posted by michel on 08-30-06 at 05:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-06 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-30-06 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

Just to clarify:

>you cannot say
>that Will throws all competitions.
> Simply not true.
>He even stated so on
>the show.

He has stated he wouldn't mind winning a POV once or twice, NEVER an HOH, he was angry Boogie won! Isn't that what we're talking about? Weren't you surprised at last night's POV when he said he'd save CG if he wins to force Erika putting up Danielle. Were you expecting him to save Janelle? If so, you've just proven to yourself he plays on a different level, one in which winning HOH is practically meaningless.

>The fear
>of someone from another alliance
>continually winning, and picking your
>group off, one by one,
>changes the game for everyone.
>Will included.

I think I'm talking to Kaysar or anyone from season 6 here. BB doesn't put anyone on tribes so why play it as if it was Survivor. Kaysar never understood the difference. Let me tell you: HOH is very different from Individual immunity because an HOH can force someone to cannibalize his own alliance right at the start. LATE IN THE GAME, it does become very similar as when 1 tribe has finished voting off the other, so HOH competition should become open earlier than F3 but not right off the bat. Will was hampered this season playing with Boogie as much as being the only winner. If he didn't have to drag the booger man along he'd be much stronger. The KEY: Never appear to be in 1 alliance! Be with everyone and against everyone!

>you say Will
>could dominate the competitions....

When did I say that? I wrote that if he really had wanted to win them, he would have won at least 1 certainly. You didn't comment on my incentives to win rather than to lose. Don't you think that has merit for the first half of the season? When they are at this stage, F6, yes get everyone playing HOH, everyone is playing POV afterall.

Posted by Aruba on 08-29-06 at 06:19 PM
The competitions that are thrown are discussed beforehand so it would be very easy to prove. There was verbal communication between Danielle and Erika before Erika gift-wrapped the HOH to Danielle. No one will tank a competiton to someone without letting them know. So it won't matter what format the competition is...even if it is toll both questions.

Anything you do (or don't do) can technically be considered "startegy", my initial point was that proactiveness should be rewarded as opposed to inept players who back into a so-called strategy. All I'm saying is I favor a format where proactiveness, inspiration and optimum effort ranks over reaction, desparation and copping-out.

Posted by Captain_Savem on 08-29-06 at 06:03 PM
I agree that the outgoing HoH should have a chance to compete in the next HoH competition.

And Big Brother has addressed the practice of "backdooring" with the way POV is played now. The noms and the HoH don't automatically get to pick who can play with them so it eliminates the Six Finger Plan. And if you think about it, only Kaysar and Marcellas were "backdoored". All the other evictees were either nominated or played in the veto competition, so there destiny was in their own hands.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

"Voting Process"
Posted by AugustGirl on 08-29-06 at 06:07 PM
Not sure how to overhaul the HOH, but people do have good ideas. What I would like to see is a shake up in the voting process.

Maybe once during the season, immediately after the POV ceremony they separate the HGS into different rooms and different parts of the backyard with instructions not to speak to each other. BB then calls each voting HG into the DR to vote, not telling them they are voting until they are in the DR. Once they have voted they go into a different room, possibly the HOH room, where everyone can gather together. This surprise voting will cause them to think for themselves and could possibly shake up the house for at least that week.

This would probably best be done during a week where there are an odd number of voters because the HOH would have to break the tie. If it is a possible tied week with an even number of voters, I think the HOH should be called in first and asked if it is a tie, who do you vote to evict. HOH has to vote for one or the other in case there is a tie. Unless the HGs discuss their votes, which they are not supposed to (yeah, right!), it really could be a surprise as to which HG goes.

I don't think they could do this more than once a season, maybe twice, but it sure would cut down on one week of the incessant flip flopping these people did this year. It could also cause floaters to actually have to think for themselves instead of following the crowd.

I think it would be more effective early in the game, but could be fun once they hit the jury point of the game too.

"RE: Voting Process"
Posted by Captain_Savem on 08-31-06 at 01:55 PM
Maybe once during the season, immediately after the POV ceremony they separate the HGS into different rooms and different parts of the backyard with instructions not to speak to each other. BB then calls each voting HG into the DR to vote

You could say that's what is happening tonight. Because the only way to ensure that the hamsters do not discuss who to vote out is to have the nomination ceremony immediately after HoH, and then POV and then voting.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

Posted by Estee on 08-31-06 at 03:07 PM
The primary motivation in virtually every BB season is revenge. The new HoH takes control and engineers the removal of someone's ally. When the term ends, the former HoH is now defenseless, and whoever was victimized by the eviction gets to go after them. Repeat. As plotlines go, it's simple, easy to follow, and can be cycled endlessly by CBS on any number of promos. There's even a chance Julie can understand it, but don't place any bets.

They're not going to switch up the format. Revenge is too basic to the game. And besides, they're just barely keeping Julie on track as is.