URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 112
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TY"

Posted by joey321 on 08-22-05 at 08:45 PM
Why is TY on this show? We all know that a few months ago, he was a club kid dancing in crobar. He doesn't like "rock" music. He's into techno and dance music. He didn't even know the Foo Fighter song, which was all over the radio and on MTV. Clearly, he's just some club kid who suddenly decided to get a mohawk and call himself "punk". Also, he has horse teeth.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TY"
Posted by seahorse on 08-23-05 at 08:38 AM
He is looking to showcase himself for other opportunities. He wants his 15 minutes of fame.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Posted by funkalicious on 08-23-05 at 03:21 PM
OMG, I agree -- who in their right mind cast him? I REALLY hope he goes home tomorrow b/c he just gives me the willies. Crying about representing his race? Sticking his tongue out? Stop/Go? And the worst was Sunday when he was talking about the songwriting competition and how it was like stepping out of the shower naked with water dripping off his body ... I wanted to yak. Ew ew ew. Yeah, he can sing -- theatrically -- but he's totally devoid of sex appeal ... to this woman, anyway.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-23-05 at 03:28 PM
> Crying about representing his race?

The worst thing about that was that he was explaining how he felt he needed to represent his race because there are so few Af.Am. rockers out there and all I was thinking was the real minority would be the gay rockers. (I'm talking about real rock-n-roll leading men, not the lighter, top 40 Elton John & George Michaels of the world.)

I really loved Ty (not for INXS, but club/dance music solo artist or Broadway diva) up until "StopGo" and seeing his over-the-top character really coming out. He's getting out of control now. Reel in that tongue, Ty, you're losing me.

Posted by youngatheart on 08-23-05 at 04:17 PM
I've enjoyed a few of his performances (No Women, No Cry was the best for me), but overall I don't think I could sit through a concert and watch and/or listen to him. He's just a little too much over the top for me.

Posted by Moother on 08-23-05 at 11:14 PM
I do like Ty but I don't think he is right for INXS. But he is here for the air time. I bet everyone left standing right now will be signed with someone soon!

Posted by cycles2k on 08-24-05 at 02:25 AM
I agree. Ty has a lot of talent and I enjoy many of his performances. He won't become the lead singer for INXS but he will do well for a few years. If he loses the mohawk permanently, and quits with the tongue thing, he may do better than well.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-24-05 at 08:57 AM

TY was terrible last night!
He has had a few strong performances early on, but week after week he leaves me cold.
As the real talents in the bunch start to shine through, TY's weaknesses show even more.
His ego is way bigger than his talent.
I don't get why so many find him appealing, everyone has their own taste I know, but the guy is not a Rock singer.