URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1110
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It ""

Posted by weecama on 04-19-05 at 07:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 07:45 PM (EST)

May 5th

TV Guide Listings

~puddin~

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: EP 11 Title~ " The Devil Made Me Do It ""
Posted by ARnutz on 04-19-05 at 07:43 PM
Well... not much to go by yet, but... interesting title!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

"we goin' to Tasmania?"
Posted by TARJUNKIE999 on 04-19-05 at 08:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

"The Devil Made Me Do It", can only mean one thing, a two-parter in Oz. (Maybe)

Where else would you find a devil but in Tasmania (Australia). It's known as the Tasmanian Devil.

http://www.tased.edu.au/tot/fauna/devil.html

Edited to add: Actually, there's a lot of devil worship in the Caribbean, so it could be the Puerto Rico spoiler too.

Posted by LibraRising on 04-19-05 at 08:23 PM
May I be the first for baseless speculation?

Someone gets yielded, and when they confront the team that does it, this is their response. And I could hear it coming from Rob or Lynn's mouth.

A kyngsladye masterpiece.

Posted by ARnutz on 04-20-05 at 07:42 AM
I think that's a good theory. I don't think the title alone hints at a particular location, but rather that one of the racers do something which is out of their character.

Perhaps M/G, R/K or U/J. If it's out of character I would lean toward U/J or M/G. It could be the use of the yield.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Posted by wendyp on 04-20-05 at 11:22 AM
I think it is refering to Kelly~~~ they have shown her talking about reading from the bible all along the trip. I think they yeild Rob and Amber ~ their new friends. Then she says that when confronted.

Posted by GottaLoveTAR on 04-22-05 at 01:54 AM
Wow, Wendy. That's one of the few title theories I actually believe. Good job. (I'm being sincere.)

Posted by TARugh on 04-21-05 at 03:59 AM
This seems the most possible. A team when has been cordial all the sudden does something out of character. Judging by Racygrrl's Puerto Rico spoiler, somebody nice like R/K or perhaps even M/G yeilded U/J.

The other possibility is Rob using a yeild on somebody and being funny about it, makes that comment.

Posted by kathliam on 04-20-05 at 11:31 AM
The first thing I thought when I read the heading was "I didn't know Landru was in The Amazing Race"!

Posted by TARugh on 04-21-05 at 03:55 AM
Wasn't Millie (the virgin team) big bible belters too?

"From the CBS Website"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-29-05 at 06:01 PM
Next on THE AMAZING RACE

Tuesday, May 3, 9PM ET/PT

Some take a chance on airline tickets without confirmed seats, while others get seats on a later flight. Will the gamble pay off?

Rob & Amber (see the vidcap thread for info), but does some other team do this as well?

Forced to beg for money, one Racer shares a stranger's lipstick.

Ummm... Ron & Kelly ~ do you think Ron would put on lipstick? LOL!

One Team is Yielded. Will this affect their standing?

I'll have to say the team we can exclude here is Ron & Kelly. The words "affect their standing" implies it's someone in a pretty good position.

I have to guess U/J or M/G are yielded. Maybe Ray saying he had to "put the old folks out of their misery" was a bit of foreshadowing? Add that to the fact that the title is "The Devil Made Me Do It" and that implies (perhaps) someone feels badly for yielding the old folks. Just a guess here.

Teams have trouble with double-decker buses, which they have to drive.

Obviously all of the teams will have trouble.

I was going to put this in the vidcap thread, but instead I thought I'd also add to the discussion here.

"RE: From the CBS Website"
Posted by pmspml5 on 05-03-05 at 10:45 AM
One Team is Yielded. Will this affect their standing?

I really think that M/G yield R/A. "The devil made me do it" is something I can totally see coming out of Gretchen's mouth and she would also feel badly about doing it. We have had forshadowing all over from R/A about how dumb people are for NOT yielding them - also he has called M/G dumb as well. I just dont think any of the other teams would feel bad about doing it at all. I also dont think R/A would blame it on the devil - Rob would take full credit for it as a great "game player".

Posted by ARnutz on 05-03-05 at 12:43 PM
That is totally possible. That would have to mean that M/G get to the yield before R/A and therefore R/A did not make the connection OR they were quite behind in leaving the pitstop.

The only other possibility that I think may happen is R/K use the yield on R/A to save themselves from elimination. The producers made it a point to show the interaction between R/A & R/K at the last yield when neither team decided to use it and Rob suggested that R/K didn't really need to use it the time.

Side note: Why, oh why has Gretchen had so many of the episode title quotes this season? Usually those titles a spread more evenly among the teams.

Another thing: we know for sure that if this is an elimination, then either M/G or R/A are going home (given the Puerto Rico pics).

Posted by beau_30 on 05-03-05 at 12:50 PM
Actually I remeber one episode "Houston we have an Elphant" Uchenna said while they were in africa. This could be a good discussion for boards. Quotes match the racers or something

Posted by ARnutz on 05-03-05 at 12:58 PM
Yep, Uchenna definitely said that and last week it was Joyce who said, "We have a gnome, we have a gnome."

I think Gretchen has said at least 3 of the title quotes so far. "I have been wanting a face lift", "We have a bad elephant" and I don't remember the other one. It would be a great discussion to see how often a team says the title.

Welocme to the boards!

Posted by LibraRising on 05-03-05 at 03:04 PM
"What a gaucho you are" was her other one.

Lynn had a few: "The whole country hates us" or something like that...I think there was another one, but I can't recall.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Posted by Ratboy on 05-03-05 at 02:34 PM
Here is how I think it goes down. (Putting on my deerstalker and reaching for my magnifying glass.) I think there are four clues we can look at to determine what happens this episode.

1. CBS plainly states that someone takes a chance on airline tickets.

2. CBS also states that there is going to be a yield used.

3. U/J and M/G are seen together numberous times in London, but whenever R/A and R/K are shown, they are by themselves.

4. And what I consider the most important clue of all, Rob is doing the final roadblock that he is allowed to do.

Putting it together, I get this. The first clue at the mat directs teams to Abbey Road in London. Bunching occurs, and U/J, M/G, and R/K take a direct flight that leaves later, R/A take connecting flights that are not confirmed, and then reach London and Abbey Road first. This is early morning in London. The next clue is the detour, and it states that the options for the detour do not open until 9:30 or later. R/A go to the Sherlock Holmes museum and are forced to wait. Meanwhile, U/J and M/G, having had the lead in Turkey have better seats on the plane than R/K, get to Abbey Road next, not knowing that R/A have already been there. They decide to do the boats, and head off in that direction, also being forced to wait for it to open, and giving R/K a chance to catch up to them. Both detours open, with R/K still lagging behind a little. U/J, not realizing that R/A are even with them, gladly help M/G complete their detour, thinking they have the lead on them. They are then directed to the London eye, and head off in that direction. As they leave, R/K arrive to start their detour.

Meanwhile, R/A chose the more time-consuming detour, and fall behind the other teams. They get done and head for the Eye. R/K get done also, and make their way there. U/J and M/G leave the Eye first, and make it to the yield, where either one of those teams yield R/A, and then struggle with the Roadblock. R/A arrive, find that they are yielded, and watch the other teams do the Roadblock, and then gets past on the yield mat by R/K, putting them is last place. This is then where Rob decides that he must do the Roadblock to keep them in the race, even if it is his last one. U/J get done, followed by either R/K and M/G, and they are told to go to the pit stop. Rob, maybe pushing himself too hard, tries in vain to get done before someone else, (as he is shown in the vidcaps getting distraught very easily, and I don't think he is quitting either) but can't get in front of anybody, and R/A are last to the pit stop and eliminated.

Of course, there are many sticking points. R/A could breeze right through everything and get done first, forcing M/G to yield U/J after they received help from them at the detour. Thus the title quote, Gretchen explaining why they had to use they yield. Or U/J get to the yield, see two teams in front of them, and are forced to yield M/G.

But the thing that stands out most to me is that Rob is doing the Roadblock. I feel, that if they were in first, Amber would be doing it to equal out their totals. And also, if they were in first, they probably used the yield, as it is the last yield in the race, thereby buying themselves more time. But if Rob is doing the Roadblock, I really believe that R/A are on the verge of being eliminated.

BTW: Quitting a Roadblock I am almost positive counts in your total. 1. Rob had to first announce that he was doing the challenge. 2. Rob started eating the meat before he quit, and 3. he stated that he was quitting the Roadblock, another acknowledgement that he was doing a Roadblock. So yes, Rob can only do one more Roadblock at this point.

"MAYBE BUT....."
Posted by brfan on 05-03-05 at 02:47 PM
on tv guide is states teams must drive a double decker bus AND solve a mystery.....so whats going on???????????

Posted by JackieKay on 05-03-05 at 03:30 PM
Very good analysis. I could definitely see it happening this way, although of course there are a lot of other different ways it could happen too. But, it fits with the clips we have seen and with some of the spoilers we have. And I believe you are definitely right that the Roadblock Rob quit counts against him.

Posted by michel on 05-03-05 at 08:25 PM
Another reason why Rob would have to do the roadblock could be that Amber doesn't know how to drive.