URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 111
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The East coast's trainer sucks!!!!"

Posted by Radical on 04-14-05 at 02:38 PM
(childish words) but i can't think of any wother words to describe them. The trainer for the west, I assume he is a heavyweight, He always keeps his boxers pumped up, and produces great one-liners from time to time. The guys on the east just sit there quiet. I've only heard three words out of them so far. THis plays a factor in to their winning streak i belive.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The East coast's trainer sucks!!!!"
Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-14-05 at 03:15 PM
The West's trainer is former heavyweight contender Jeremy Williams, whose nickname -- "Half Man, Half Amazing" -- is one of the all-time best in boxing, to my mind. He is working on being a trainer; Ishe's view of him was that his strength, as you observed, wasn't in strategy but motivation. He said he was a tremendous motivator. The East coast corner man, Prentiss Byrd, is actually a well-respected trainer. Some perfectly good traines have an approach that is more calm and considered (Freddie Roach, for example), while others (Teddy Atlas) are ore volatile. But yeah, in a five-round fight for all the marbles, I can certainly see how the inspirational approach would have an advantage

"RE: The East coast's trainer sucks!!!!"
Posted by Superbad on 04-15-05 at 02:19 AM
I ran into Jeremy at a recent fight card in Burbank. He was (ta-da!!) working the corner for one of the fighters. We sat and chatted for a while in the dressing room. Real cool guy. He says he's planning on dropping down to the cruiserweight division, which would definitely add more excitement.
I like his approach, also. That's the kind of sh*t I respond to. The other guy is too low key. Like VFW said, 5 rounds requires a little more urgency.

I also agree, VFW: It's a great nickname. The name alone has actually given him a bit of a following, too (on FoxNet.) Definitely catchy and easy to remember.