URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 111
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"More of the guys at home"

Posted by Darylg on 09-02-03 at 10:23 AM
Now that we are getting to fewer and fewer guys, i would like to see more than a couple of seconds of interchange between them at the house.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: More of the guys at home"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-02-03 at 01:09 PM
As long as it's unscripted time at the house. I don't like how they are editing the house time...but some things they show that aren't really edited, like the argument between Joe and Evan, then Robert getting involved....that was cool ~ it gave a fairly good picture of what was going on and how some of the guys felt about the issue, but without slanting it for or against anyone really. It was the guys being natural. However, the little snippets that appear to be replies to questions (that are leading in nature) I could do without. Those can be used to trash any of the guys unfairly, and also make the guy who does the trashing look bad (when he was just answering a question).

I'd kind of like to see a question/answer section added....either let Laura and Kim ask the guys questions about the dates (not like the quick review at the end of the videos), or let audience members ask questions (I bet they could come up with some good ones!)

Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-02-03 at 02:39 PM
We really should see more of the guys at the house. They have to edit them of course but they could just leave the cameras running while the guys sat around eating or drinking.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 09-03-03 at 07:55 AM
I like the way the show is edited. If I wanted to watch guys just sitting around a house eating and drinking and the such. I'd watch the Big Brother feeds, boring....

Posted by smiley on 09-03-03 at 08:01 AM
I like the idea about the questions and answers part too. The girl should make an unexpected visit to the house and drill each guy on the spot. See how they handle the pressure.

"Much better this episode!"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-03-03 at 06:24 AM
I thought they did a much better job with the 'home time' shots of the guys. In the beginning they did more of little conversation snippets, and then at the end let the guys speak for themselves (rather than having them badmouth other guys). I didn't notice any comments that seemed to be prompted this time. I think the short, unedited group conversations are best for giving us a feel for the group dynamic and guys personalities (ooh, Renda didn't fare so well in it though...that gigolo comment wasn't lost on Laura!).

Posted by Loree on 09-03-03 at 10:43 AM
I would like to see them at home if it was more the 'hidden camera' type where they don't know they are "on". Let's see the true personalities of these guys when they are not trying to impress Lisa or the cameras. I still wonder about the comments about Hank by the guys. Was it just jealousy or does he act different when he isn't competing for Lisa on camera.