URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 111
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Grrr...."

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 07-30-03 at 08:59 AM
I keep trying to post and getting an Internal Server Error from the site. What gives?

"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Grrr...."
Posted by sleeeve on 07-30-03 at 09:35 PM
I know that with the finale of Last Comic Standing coinciding with the regularly scheduled episodes for BB4, Cupid, BB&D2, American Juniors, Dog Eat Dog, and Paradise Hotel all on the same night, we expected heavy traffic to all of the RTVW websites last night and this morning.

Are you still having problems?

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 07-31-03 at 09:00 AM
Yeah, still getting it. It took me about 10 tries to post this reply.

"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Posted by sleeeve on 07-31-03 at 01:28 PM
Please post as much information about the operating system (Windows XP, Mac OS X, etc.) and browser (Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape 7.1, etc.) that you are using, and I'll make sure that Webby's aware of this problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, please post so that we can establish a possible pattern.

Thanks.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-01-03 at 08:23 AM
Windows 98 and IE 6.0

I haven't had the problem at home, although I admit I rarely check since we have crap-ass dialup there. We use Windows Me and IE 6.0 there.

It's not a regular thing, obviously, but it's enough to seriously hamper my DAWing.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 08-01-03 at 09:00 AM

Windows XP/ IE 6.0

I've gotten it the last couple of mornings, prior to 8a eastern time.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-01-03 at 09:08 AM
Yeah, that's about the time period, but I get it periodically throughout the day here at work.

"Internal Server Error"
Posted by Breezy on 08-05-03 at 08:55 AM
I can't get to any of the message boards until around 8:10 or 8:15 then it's fine. But before that time I get an internal server error.

Windows98, IE6

Posted by dabo on 08-01-03 at 10:39 AM
And now I'm back to having the refresh problem I posted about some time back. It only seems to be the OT Forum this time, but I'm finding it almost impossible to get to OT and when I do getting any posts up to read becomes a hassle.

Posting this message, however, was not a problem.

Microsoft ME, Windows 2000/NT.

Posted by dabo on 08-01-03 at 10:53 AM
Curiously, after making the above post I now find that I can get to OT and get posts there up to read. Coincidence?

Posted by Brownroach on 08-01-03 at 11:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-03 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes I can get to the index page, but get stalled when I try to open a post. Other times I get stalled loading the index page.

And it's only happening with OT, none of the other forums. I have Windows 2000 and Internet Explorer 5.

"Still having OT problem..."
Posted by Brownroach on 08-01-03 at 12:31 PM
...one hour later.

It's exactly what Dabo described. I can only access OT if I close Explorer and relaunch it; it won't refresh properly. And then I stall whenever I try to open any thread.

"Update: OK"
Posted by Brownroach on 08-01-03 at 12:54 PM
Seems to functioning normally now.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-07-03 at 08:37 AM
Got a new one this morning... "Out of memory!" Again, it was early. I really think RTV doesn't like getting up early either.

Posted by TechNoir on 08-08-03 at 08:31 AM
Between 8:30 and 8:35 AM eastern daylight I got the "Internal Server Error" message using Mozilla 1.4, Firebird .6, and IE (sheesh I forgot the version) in that order.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

Posted by LadyT on 08-11-03 at 07:36 PM
I get one of those messages every morning before 8. If I am on before, its ok. Them 8am hits and I get the Internal server message or out of memory.