URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 1093
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother #8 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 04:23 PM
Please leave this website and seek professional help immediately. Thank you.

Don't bother looking for a punchline: I'm completely serious. You people need medical assistance. Shall we look back on a little disaster known as 'last year'? Do you happen to remember how it ended? I do. It ended with several hundred of you declaring your intent to walk away from the series and never come back, never ever ever, no matter happened, no matter how they tried to bribe and lure and outright tie you to your chairs, never. You'd had it. B.B.A.Stards was the final straw. Nothing, but nothing was ever going to make this series watchable, not the casting, not the gameplay, and the host? Yeah, right. The host. And you swore on your SO's, dead relatives, assorted offspring, pets, and the occasional stuffed sheep that it was over between you and this series, you'd had enough of the abusive relationship, and you were never coming back. Never.

I saved every last one of those declarations.

Look around you. See any familiar faces here tonight? Really? Have you tried the mirror yet? Recognize the person in it? The one who pinky-swore on their dead grandmother that they were never coming back?

You. Are. Sick. You need help. Professional help. You are not in control of your own actions. You're an addict, don't you see that? You've convinced yourself that you need the pain, that the stupid twists will eventually work out to a decent season, there's a way to actually play this game, the Chenbot will actually know who people are this time around...

Do you know what the definition of insanity is? Repeating the same actions and expecting different results. It's never going to happen. This 'enemies' twist will fail like they all did. The gane is unplayable. The contestants are hamsters. The host has wind-up keys for Speech and Action, but Thought wasn't even installed. It's always going to be like this. Walk away. Please. This is an intervention. There are programs that can help you. Good programs. People really seem to like Hell's Kitchen. If you just take that first step and mean it this time...

...is that a live feed password scribbled inside your elbow? Is it? Don't lie to me! I can see the coding! And that's a cable bill in your purse! You signed up for Showtime!

I --

-- that's it. I tried. I can't take responsibility for your life. I did my best to save you, but you don't want to be saved. You're going to drown yourself and I'm letting go before you drag me down with you.

Fine. Kill yourself with bad reality television. See if I care. But first, put your sigpics away -- saw you twitch.

Personally, I can stop any time I want.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother #8 Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by tribephyl on 07-05-07 at 04:31 PM
No hogging the hypodermic, Estee.

Posted by Snidget on 07-05-07 at 04:48 PM
If I get home in time I'll be here, otherwise just stick the drip into my DVR and I'll get my fix later

*twitch*

Posted by volsfan on 07-05-07 at 04:56 PM
I didn't have to vow to never watch after last season because I didn't watch!

However, I will be watching the newbies and hope it is a good one. I will be seeing you all around!

"Good summary slots still available."
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 04:55 PM
(Actually, pretty much all summary slots still available.) Join our Hate-A-Hamster program and sign up for a summary today!

"RE: Good summary slots still available."
Posted by cahaya on 07-05-07 at 07:03 PM
Well (waves hand for a quick moment), there one's summary spot already taken - or, ahem, shall we say, assigned to a recently indoctrinated and subsequently-made suitably qualified non-volunteer.

As much as I'd like to jump into this junkie circle tonight, I'll have to be content to catch the replay of your inebriated rantings after the show (an' t' next one, aye!). Who knows, some of what appears here may actually appear in print, even if in paraphrased form. So, if you're cogent enough, maybe somebody can give us a something of a play-by-play of the bot & hamsters in action!

Meanwhile, I'll be glued (no sniffing, now) to the TV madly scribbling notes like a frosh in a Biology 101 lecture, Hamster Behavioral Patterns

There's a first time for everything - and whether by choice or a propitious event, a last time, too. From the sound of it, the 'choice' option is anything but.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-05-07 at 07:06 PM
Lord help you, cahaya.

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 07:11 PM
We just finished disproving God on the Alvin and the Chipmunks thread. Try to keep up.

Posted by FishWoman on 07-05-07 at 05:15 PM
I am leaving work 15 minutes early to ensure I am home and out of my work clothes before 8.

Of course, I never swore off the show. It has been my guilty pleasure since season one.

Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 05:47 PM
Did they even start up the live feeds yet?

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 07:13 PM
Nope. They don't kick in until after the first episode, otherwise we might learn something. Like how horrible this cast is and not to waste our time on the premiere.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-05-07 at 07:05 PM
T-minus 40 minutes and counting!

I'm going to hate myself in September, but for now I'm uber* excited.

* uber <----ode to bravie *waves to bravie*

Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 07:46 PM
Apparently we have only 3 sets of Enemies:

Father-Daughter
Former Boyfriends turned mortal enemies
Best Friends Forever (female) turned mortal enemies

Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 07:57 PM
The hamsters only got an hour to pack their bag for the cage......

At least one hamster can't stand smoking, and another one smokes A LOT (Evil Dicque)

One hoped there was no "religious zealots", cue the person grabing the bible.

We start with 11 hamsters entering the cage. (Obviously, the "enemies" of the 3 twist related contestants are gonna come in later.....)

One minute to choose a bed, by putting the bag on the bed.

Group 1: Carol, Joe, Mike, (L)Amber(2)

Group 2: Nick, Danielle, Jameka (sp?)

Group 3: Kail, Jen, Eric, Zach

At least they've figured out more are (probably) coming (11 on a show in which the jury usually starts at 9? Odds are good....) They've also figured out that "Alice in Wonderland" is the house's decoration theme......

Enemies: In the house already!

"Remember the secret room?"
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:01 PM
It's probably still there.

Or they're just hiding in the backyard.

Buried in the backyard? No, too early...

"Enemies hidden in the HoH room!"
Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:07 PM
Dustin, Jessica, Dicque get the messae from Julie that the other 11 are already downstairs! They get to spy on the other hamsters using the HoH's spycam TV system and they instantly find their former relations.

Dicque has the daughter (), Jessica has the frienemy (), Dustin has the ex-boyfriend ().

Time for the budget blowing 1st HoH competition!

"RE: Enemies hidden in the HoH room!"
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:09 PM
But the shirt! How are they going to settle ownership of the shirt?

"RE: Enemies hidden in the HoH room!"
Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:20 PM
They each have the other's shirts....... if they trade the shirts yet they're either gonna burn them or sanitize them to heck before wearing them again.......

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-05-07 at 11:56 PM

>One hoped there was no "religious
>zealots", cue the person grabing
>the bible.
>

It's always amazing to me when these hamsters bring The Bible into a game where lying, cheating, manipulating and backstabbing are the necessary skills to succeed. I particularly liked the way that Kail made a big deal about taking The Bible with her. It was almost like saying to the camera "Hey everyone! Look at me. I'm such a good person because I'm taking The Bible into the Big Brother house!". Whatever, Kail. I hated her the minute she spewed her first anti-gay comment. Hope she's gone soon!

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:00 PM
Julie's hair is hideous, her necklace is horrible, and the dress is a nightmare. So at least she's finally learned to do her own look.

'choose a gay lifestyle'. Oh, that one's going to be fun. Hopefully the others choose to have a her-free lifestyle within two weeks. (No, I can't be bothered to learn their names yet.)

The key reception shots, while nice to have back, have never looked so faked.

The cast seems to be lightly coated in plastic.

I don't know if I can look at this house for three months...

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-06-07 at 00:07 AM
>
>The cast seems to be lightly
>coated in plastic.
>
>I don't know if I can
>look at this house for
>three months...
>

I couldn't agree with you more. Most of the girls looked fake, slutty and extremelly annoying. The guys looked like a bunch of moronic frat boys with very little substance in between the ears. Our two gay boys took the definition of over-dramatic to a whole new level of annoying. It's gonna be a long summer with this cast of misfits.

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:08 PM
I'm forty percent certain we're going to have a slap fight. I'm zero percent certain about who's going to be doing the slapping.

Alice in Wonderland, and we've already got the Cheshire Cats alliance upstairs, watching with smiles fading and claws out...

"HoH Competition"
Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-07 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

The 11 downstairs get to compete as teams of 2.

Nick doesn't get a partner so he's out already.

T/F questions about the pre-season questionnaire........ get it wrong the partner on the spinning mushrooms go faster!

Splat! After about 4-5 questions a mud barrage hit the spinning hamsters!

Carol/Amber out first (Jessica is happy Carol's gone)
Zach/Jen out second

No more questions but the mushrooms speed up! Baby Powder shower!

Danielle/Mike out third (Dicque is happy that Danielle's gone!)

"Complete turnaround."
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:19 PM
Y'see, it's normally the viewers who do this while high on mushrooms...

Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:25 PM
Dustin's happy that Joe bites the dust.

Eric/Kail win the competition! Now who's the HoH gonna be (there can be only one!)

The enemies are immune for week one and they get to determine the HoH by a vote.

They pick Kail to be HoH #1. (She's the one who didn't want to gove up a seat to a pregnant lady because she's had 3 kids and no one gave up a seat for her when she was pregnant.....)

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:28 PM
Do onto others as they didn't do onto you?

I'm about five seconds away from renaming her Connie for the rest of the second. Not consecutive seconds...

Posted by Buggy on 07-06-07 at 08:29 AM
(She's the one who didn't want to gove up a seat to a pregnant lady because she's had 3 kids and no one gave up a seat for her when she was pregnant.....)

I call BS on her. Where did someone not give up a seat for her? On a bus? No way, Ms.I own the whole town, ever had to ride on a bus when she was pregnant.

"We have signs of brain activity!"
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:27 PM
Eric wants to do anything he can to avoid being HoH! Except deliberately throw challenges! (Well, he wants to do it. He's just no good at it.)

The Cheshires are safe for this eviction. Sure, no resentment there... And Kale is the initial HoH. Going to be a really hard pair of nominations for her. After all, she can only put up one gay male. Once that's done, the pawn option will take so much work...

"RE: We have signs of brain activity!"
Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-06-07 at 00:11 AM

Kale is
>the initial HoH. Going
>to be a really hard
>pair of nominations for her.
> After all, she can
>only put up one gay
>male. Once that's done,
>the pawn option will take
>so much work...
>

This was hillarious. I almost sprayed apple juice all over my monitor. LOL!!!

"Here comes the Enemies/Cheshires!"
Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-07 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

Joe nails Dustin as his enemy possibility.

Kail's afraid her cover as just "a real estate agent" and not a multi-business owner would be blown by an enemy.

Danielle thinks (correctly) that her Dad (Dicque) is a possible enemy.

Carol was hoping that someone from her past wasn't coming......(Wrongo!)

The "Original 11" make a pact to get rid of the Cheshires ASAP. (Good luck with that, hamsters!)

Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:39 PM
So no one thought to go upstairs?

Kail is terrified that someone's going to reveal her portfolio. Dustin is horrified that Joe brought the Immaculate Conception (Of Gonarrhea) into the open. Danielle is in tears. The high school rivals are officially at Meh, at least for viewership. We have a nickname on the board: Evil Dicque. And the so-called Original Eleven have voices rallying them against the Cheshire pack.

The svckfest is officially under way.

"America's Hamster!"
Posted by vince3 on 07-05-07 at 08:43 PM
Eric has been selected as (the first?) America's Player (Hamster)

This is also the guy who didn't want to be HoH for week 1! He's already on a ego trip about the power he's gonna have.

Every 5 succesful tasks are worth 10K.......

Looks like they've been the house for a few days already..... (small footage of the probable Food and Veto challenges besides some regular stuff....)

Arrgh! Time for Pirate Master!

"First great line."
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:44 PM
'Welcome to reality television's first alliance of ten million.' Now that's the way to take this. Good luck, Eric -- America doesn't have a lot of mercy.

Good old BB -- as cheap as ever. Sure, for every five tasks Eric completes, he gets bonus money -- but is it one task per week? If it is, he may not last long enough to collect anything for his troubles. And you just know this is going to mess with his own gameplay.

"Amazing how little happened, isn't it?"
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:48 PM
I blame the mushrooms. And the casting direction. And the Chenbot. Mostly the Chenbot.

"Live post-premiere discussion --"
Posted by Estee on 07-05-07 at 08:50 PM
-- in the Bar, Live Chat area, your leftside link list, as per usual. (Things probably won't get going until after Pirate Master, though. You have been warned.) Show up at some point or America will vote for you to do it.

"Three and a half pages..."
Posted by cahaya on 07-05-07 at 08:52 PM
... of barely legible, shorthand notes. But before deciphering them, I'll cop a Marlboro from the old man of the household. Then maybe a head-spinning magic mushroom, after which anything will make sense.

Addictions usually extend to more than one behavioral pattern.

Posted by nazpink on 07-05-07 at 10:31 PM
LMAO........I'll be seeing all of you in next week's Big Brother Viewer's Anonymous.

Anyway.......I really think that only bringing in three contestants "worse enemies" is too half-a$$. Not only this but at least two of those pairs could reconcile and put up a front or simply just get evicted. Doesn't seem all that much of an entertaining idea to me.

But it is what it is and I can't really ignore the fact of it. Instead, I can just comment.......

The ex-lovers pair can either be entertaining or it will get simply annoying. From first glance I am going to hypothesize that the roomies can trust the dreaded ex opposed to Joe (?). I don't buy the whole, "he gave me gonorrhea bit". In fact, the guy pretty much came right out and let everyone know that if his toes are stepped on he's willing to go the distance for payback.

The old friends rival is just stupid. I truly wonder if they really even hate each other! I just can't believe (ok I can) that two people would have 7 year grudge over $5 and not make up when there's big money on the line and the possibility of being stuck with each other for a period of time.

As for dad and daughter. Being in that house stuck together can improve their relationship. They will have no choice but to speak with one another or avoid and that will be hard for them to do when there's just no getting around it.

I can also see Kaila as being the next wicked Maggie. She seems to have a boastful air about herself. No one who is humble declares they "own half the town".......and maybe she should take this opportunity to actually open her Bible and learn a thing or two about humility from Jesus!

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-06-07 at 00:20 AM

>I can also see Kaila as
>being the next wicked Maggie.
>She seems to have a
>boastful air about herself. No
>one who is humble declares
>they "own half the town".......and
>maybe she should take this
>opportunity to actually open her
>Bible and learn a thing
>or two about humility from
>Jesus!

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who saw some traces of Maggie in Kail. I was already predisposed against from her first confessional. I did notice as the episode went on that she has a certain arrogance about her that just irritated me even more. The first HOH usually never wins the game (with the exception of Lisa), so hopefully she'll be gone soon.

"Some general impressions"
Posted by Jims02 on 07-06-07 at 00:05 AM
1. I thought the handling of the twist was somewhat lame. I was expecting a few more pairs, so three was somewhat disappoint (but OK). I thought that separating them into groups wasn't the best idea. Alliance-of-11, anyone? It happened in the X-Factor and it might happen here. You never know, though.

2. Joe is driving me nuts. The guy can't shut up for half a second, and shouts a major TMI about his STD he got. I kinda feel bad for Dustin right now.

3. Those two girls' connections seems somewhat lame/petty. The cheerleader (blonde) seems kinda annoying, but other one seems cool. Carol, I think. She's kinda hot too.

4. I don't know what to make of Evil Dicque. He'll be entertaining to watch, but I think he's playing up to the camera right now.

5. Eric (America's Player) seems cool so far. It was funny to watch him try to (wisely) throw the challenge. It's unlikely that Kaila will nominate him anyway, since they won the challenge together. I might be wrong, however.

6. The underage player is going to have fun being a teetotaller for awhile. Maybe she'll "change her mind" in two months.

"RE: Some general impressions"
Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-06-07 at 00:34 AM
>
>2. Joe is driving me nuts.
> The guy can't shut
>up for half a second,
>and shouts a major TMI
>about his STD he got.
> I kinda feel bad
>for Dustin right now.
>
>3. Those two girls' connections seems
>somewhat lame/petty. The cheerleader
>(blonde) seems kinda annoying, but
>other one seems cool.
>Carol, I think. She's
>kinda hot too.
>

Regarding the Joe/Dustin feud, I'm in complete agreement with you. Joe was extremelly annoying and over-dramatic. Dustin was overdramatic too, but I didn't find it as annoying as Joe's antics. I thought it was extremelly distasteful and stupid to disclose the gonorrhea issue in front of the other houseguests. Joe even admitted to the other houseguests that he did horrible vindictive things to Dustin. Why would you want to paint yourself in such a negative light to a bunch of people who may have the power to determine your fate? STUPID! STUPID!!

The Carol/Jessica feud sounds very petty. So, you got into a fight when you were in Junior High, Big F*cking Deal! Get over it. Overall, I didn't have a bad impression of Carol. Jessica, on the other hand, was extremelly annoying. Whenever Jessica spoke, it reminded me of Holly (from Season 5). She doesn't appear to be particularly bright.