URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1090
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why do you watch?"

Posted by KScott on 03-01-05 at 02:09 PM
Me? It is purely for entertainment. Do I really care what happens in real life with these people? Heck no!!! I watch because I find it amusing, I find it fasinating(sp) that people will actually put their lives on tv for all to see.

It amazes me all the people that became so upset because Jen said no to JP and then dumped Jerry LIVE on tv. BFD!! If these reality tv shows are so upsetting or if you really beleive in them then I feel for you. Try watching with an open mind, it is put on there for entertainment purposes only. Don't get all Jen is a beyotch on us, just don't watch!

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why do you watch?"
Posted by Poncho on 03-01-05 at 02:28 PM
I watch for the entertainment purposes too, but I must admit that I get too wrapped up at times in the happily ever after ending. BUT I also watch so I can bash them and make fun of them.... shame on me, but right now I feel like Jen is beyotch But I will move on and someone else will be a beyotch next season

Poncho

Posted by frisky on 03-01-05 at 02:47 PM
Agree, but I still think Jen is a tool.

I don't normally do the "Batches." I happened to have it on this channel on the first night, and then I was hooked. As an RTV addict, I should know better. I'm not watching the next one, only because I think it sucks, not because of the outcome of this one.

As The Blog Turns.

Posted by txmomma26 on 03-02-05 at 11:20 AM
I watch for entertainment, but like many, I do get caught up in the fairy tale and hope for a happy ending. I get more irritated at the storyline and how it ends (especially in Jen's case), gripe about it and then tune in next round. It amazes me that these folks are on TV..and the things they will do....

SigPic by Syren

Posted by TDeniseS on 03-02-05 at 01:02 PM
>Me? It is purely for >entertainment. Do I really
>care what happens in real >life with these people?
>Heck no!!! I watch >because I find it amusing,
>I find it fasinating(sp) that >people will actually put their
>lives on tv for all >to see.
>
>It amazes me all the people >that became so upset because
>Jen said no to JP >and then dumped Jerry LIVE
>on tv. BFD!! >If these reality tv shows >are so upsetting or if >you really beleive in them >then I feel for you.
> Try watching with an >open mind, it is put
>on there for entertainMent purposes >only. Don't get all
>Jen is a beyotch on >us, just don't watch!
>

Everyone is different...and we have a right to be disgusted that we were "PUNKED" by ABC..... It's not that I care...it's the freaking principle of the whole thing...... she never had any intention of picking a guy and it became blatantly obvious as time passed. It may be for "entertainment purposes only" but let's see how "entertaining" ABC thinks it is when the ratings go down the tube! I am done with Bachelor series!

Posted by KScott on 03-02-05 at 01:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-05 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

"""Everyone is different...and we have a right to be disgusted that we were "PUNKED" by ABC..... It's not that I care...it's the freaking principle of the whole thing...... she never had any intention of picking a guy and it became blatantly obvious as time passed. It may be for "entertainment purposes only" but let's see how "entertaining" ABC thinks it is when the ratings go down the tube! I am done with Bachelor series!"""

See this is kinda what I mean, obviously you do care or you wouldn't be so put out by this. Why are you so "I am done with the Bachelor series"? It's a show, how does it hurt you that she dumped Jerry? Did you have an interest in if she said yes or not? I realize you watched it, well so did I but I am not mad, bid deal, she dumped him. I just don't see why everyone gets so mad about this. It's a dang show, do you really think the majority of these will work out? Heck no. Why can't people just watch and laugh at how stupid these peeps are, they make themselves look like idiots, enjoy their stupidity.

I am trying really, really hard to understand what upsets people so...

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by txmomma26 on 03-02-05 at 02:11 PM
If I may step in....

I think it's kind of like a soap opera or other long running series. You invest time into watching, you begin to "care" about what happens to or with the characters and when they die, you are a bit sad, when they do something stupid, you get mad at them, etc.

Does that make any sense?

SigPic by Syren

Posted by KScott on 03-02-05 at 02:16 PM
Yeah that makes sense, I liked Friends and they are no more but I know it's not real and can draw the line between sane and insane behavior..

Don't get me wrong I love bashing, when Kirsten was vying for Andrew I bashed her like crazy, but I never said I would never watch again if he picked her.

- Sliced!

Posted by txmomma26 on 03-02-05 at 04:03 PM
Oh I understand completely!!!

SigPic by Syren

Posted by DebCapsFan on 03-02-05 at 07:50 PM

I watch for the snark. Oh, and for the potential meltdowns and implosions. After summarizing such gems as For Love or Money, and Forever Eden, I'm pretty skeptical you can find twue wuv on a reality show. Bring on the Charlie season. It looks skankalicious.

Made for me by RolldDice.

Posted by aliciabbrown on 03-03-05 at 05:31 PM
I watch because it makes me feel better about myself. These shows remind me that I am not the most delusional person on earth, nor the most desperate attention whore. Seeing these people play their sick little games makes me look pretty normal by comparison.