URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1082
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jameka: Cram it already!"

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-24-07 at 10:13 AM
OK, Jameka, we get it. We effing get it. You're black, and everyone else is white. Just like we get that Kail owns an entire town, that Daniele doesn't get along with her father, and that Jen is incapable of thinking of anyone but herself (I picture the Muzak in Jen's head set to the tune of the Can-Can dance, only they're singing "Jen Jen JenJenJenJen Jen Jen JenJenJenJen Jen Jen JenJenJenJen Jen JenJenJenJenJenJenJen...")

Now shut the screw up about how you're the only poor, oppressed minority in the house before Big Brother decides to cast ALL FOUR RACES in BB9 like Burnett did.

We KNOW you don't like slop. And we KNOW you're hungry. And we KNOW that there are kids in Africa starving. IT'S JUST AN EXPRESSION, the "starving kids in Africa" thing. Have you even BEEN to Africa? Or ANYWHERE outside wherever the hell you're from? Yes, other people starve. Some right here in the U.S. Why, there are probably little kids in the fvcking Maldives who could use a bite right now. IT'S JUST A DAMN EXPRESSION, JAMEKA.

And, for the record, last time I checked, people were too wrapped up in their own petty squabbles to give a damn about your ethnicity. There are times and places to be wrapped up in that sort of thing. The Big Brother house is not one of them. Seeing a black person, a gay person, or even probably a Klingon will not shock most of these people. Seeing an intelligent person might.

Frankly, I liked Jameka better when she was invisible. She's not representing black people very well, assuming she represents them at all...no more than she represents school counselors or people from Maryland. The sooner she gets this through her head, the better.

And it's too bad Evil didn't have a few extra nominations to kick around. She needed one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jameka: Cram it already!"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 07-24-07 at 10:57 AM
I'll take Jameka over Beau any day.

Or Marcellas v2.0: BitterBitterMan.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 07-24-07 at 11:12 AM
I'll take Jameka over Beau any day.

Beau stayed invisible for longer. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Or Marcellas v2.0: BitterBitterMan.

Marcellas from BB3 was cool, until he ate his brain and didn't use the veto. Marjealous from BB7 was pitiful.

Posted by JoshInSGV on 07-24-07 at 04:09 PM
I understand that the "starving kids in Africa" was a comment, but that doesn't negate the fact that it could be perceived as a culturally-insensetive thing to say. Jameka is the only african-american person in the house and I can understand why she might feel like an outsider at times or why she might feel like she has to represent her ethnicity in a certain way. Big Brother, like many other reality shows, often relies on stereotypes to advance certain storylines. Sure, Jameka signed on to be on BB and should probably take it in stride. But, it makes sense to have those concerns and to worry about becoming a stereotype on TV.

Maybe I can understand her perspective because I'm a minority myself.

Posted by thecrossbowkid on 07-25-07 at 10:04 AM
AMEN !!

Everybody seems to be kissing her a$$ because she is the only minority. I find it funny that while Evil tells Kail and Jen "I Hate You!!" and uses threats and profanity at other houseguests, he see's fit to apologize for his starving people in Africa remark. Pleeeeezzzeeee...

It is unfortunate that Jameka defines herself as a black woman first and foremost, as if it is the beginning and end of her identity. I think it displays alot of shallowness and insecurity to take pride and identify yourself only by the race and ethnicity YOU WERE BORN INTO. Black Pride, Irish Pride, Puerto Rican Pride- whatever- they are all a bunch of losers.

Jameka needs to go- she is exactly the kind of "floater" that could win. Incidentally, have you seen the "Love Em or Leave Em" polls on cbs.com? Jameka is way ahead!!! Huh, I guess I do have the "minority" opinion....

Posted by Aruba on 07-31-07 at 10:01 PM
Right On, Colonel!

Jameka has three ways to play this game: 1) be a pathetic, coattail riding, suck-up, floater, 2) play the race card, 3) play the religion card. Another stellar selection compliments of the CBS production crew whose collective ability to select reality show "talent" can fit on the head of a pin.

If anyone in the House has a case to cop an attitude about casting, it's Evil for BB's continual discrimination against casting houseguests over 40. If not for the father-daughter angle this season there would be NO ONE over 40. I don't see myself watching every episode this season.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-01-07 at 08:32 AM
Anyone remember Joanna from Survivor: Amazon?

It looks as if Jameka is BB's answer to that whack job. Come on - God pre-determined the winner to the game? Evil pinned it down when he said God has better things to do. There's a genocide in Darfur, a civil war in Iraq, and yes, many kids starving in Africa...and Asia...and the United States...and probably Mars as well. God has an entire effing universe to contend with. Be glad He ordained this opportunity and make the most of it.

Also, if He wanted you to have $5,000, He would ordain it...right? By...oh, say, offering a $5,000 bribe when you have the power to take it?

Estee was right; she does have connections in the BB house. And they work in the casting department.

If anyone calls Evil "soulless," I demand pictures of the boot-shaped hole in Estee's TV screen...

Posted by J Slice on 08-01-07 at 11:24 AM
I definitely got a Joanna vibe from Jameka.

All I could think was "well, now we know who the token batshit Jesus-lady is."

Then I remembered that there are two additional batshit Jesus-ladies in the house.

You should really read my crappy blog

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-01-07 at 03:21 PM
No kidding. We're still getting used to this America's player, CBS. We don't need another secret twist in which one of the hamsters is "God's Player."

Of course, all of them would argue about which one is playing for The One True God (TM).

Posted by Glass on 08-01-07 at 03:23 PM
Hm... a Jihad in the BB house huh? That could also be the next twist.

I'd watch that for a dollar.

Posted by Glass on 08-01-07 at 03:21 PM
Hmm... A Klingon eh? Now THAT I would watch. That should be next twist.

Posted by maryellennaco on 08-01-07 at 05:45 PM
Agree 100% Colonel!! and let us not forget... She is a "woman of her word"... Blech!

If I'd been Dustin, after she used that POV on the idiot Jen, he should have nominated.... Jameka!

Just go on and see what God does with that scenario!

"Can't."
Posted by Estee on 08-01-07 at 06:11 PM
Until the deity of your choice or CBS changes the rules again, the user of the veto can't be nominated in the saved party's place. This is what allows a non-nominee holder to use the thing without fear of immediate payback: otherwise, it would just turn into 'You want her off? Fine. You can take her place.' Without that protection, the only times the veto would be used would be when it was held by a current nominee.

Unless that nominee was Marcellas. But that's another story.