URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 108
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"24 -- Ep. 5.22 -- 4-5 AM"

Posted by AyaK on 05-15-06 at 03:37 PM
Next-to-last week, heading for next week's 2-hour finale.

From the trailer, it appears that Bierko escapes and that Henderson helps Jack track him down. And it looks like Aaron Pierce has been battered by Logan's goons. Now we have to fill in the blanks....

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 24 -- Ep. 5.22 -- 4-5 AM"
Posted by sittem on 05-16-06 at 06:19 AM
Aaron is one bada$$ agent - and Martha as his sidekick isn't bad either! How do you like that Charles?

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by AugustGirl on 05-16-06 at 07:33 AM
Aaron rocks, and Martha isn't too bad her ownself. I am sooooo ready to see Logan go down.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Posted by bystander on 05-16-06 at 08:28 AM
Martha is great. I knew she was going to do something awesome this season. And Miles getting a slap in the face wasn't bad either.

Posted by sica077 on 05-16-06 at 11:01 PM
Yeah, although that slap almost seemed like a waste...

If it were me, I would have decked him! Or kneed him in the groin, either of the two would have been fabulous. He is such a slimeball.

Posted by geg6 on 05-16-06 at 09:46 AM
I.am.loving.this.season.

From that crazy first episode through all the tragic deaths to last night's great Martha/Aaron team up, I have been on the edge of my seat every Monday night.

If only other shows could re-energize themselves like this after so many seasons!!!!! What a rare, rare thing.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

"I second that!"
Posted by J I M B O on 05-16-06 at 06:37 PM

with prior seasons, the one, major, overbearing plotline dragged on so long that in some ways i was ready to see it resolved. this season i don't want it to end.

Posted by sica077 on 05-16-06 at 11:04 PM
Last night, all I could think about was the fact that this season is over next week!!

But the preview for next week with Jack speaking to Logan...I will be smiling all week thinking about how Logan's going to pay for being such a waste of oxygen.

Posted by weltek on 05-16-06 at 09:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

The re-emergence of Aaron & Martha to his rescue was awesome. Now, the question is....from next weeks previews there is a funeral where Martha calls President Logan a murderer. Whose funeral? I really don't want to believe it's Aaron's. Unless...it's a fake funeral.

"David Palmer"
Posted by AyaK on 05-16-06 at 10:09 AM
...at least, that's whose funeral I would expect.

But what ever happened to Wayne Palmer? Wasn't he with Bill, last time we saw him? Has he entered the Twilight Zone?

Personally, I liked the final scene in the preview, with Jack holding Logan at gunpoint. Now it's a question of how we get there.

"RE: David Palmer"
Posted by Emily RugBurn on 05-16-06 at 10:24 AM
Yes, we had the same question over here. Where's Wayne?

From the preview, it looked liked Logan was in the submarine - which struck me as odd so I could most definitely be wrong.

My favourite part of last night's episode? When Aaron addressed President Logan as "Charles". I actually yelled: "Oh snap!"

Man, I'm gonna miss this show. Now that "The Office" is done for the season, I will have nothing to watch until the fall.

~ EmRB

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Thinking Out Loud

Posted by J I M B O on 05-16-06 at 06:41 PM

My favourite part of last night's episode? When Aaron addressed President Logan as "Charles". I actually yelled: "Oh snap!"

Seriously. That has to be on my top ten most favoritest tv lines ever!

Posted by sica077 on 05-16-06 at 11:09 PM
When I heard Aaron's lines during that scene...it really renewed my love for Aaron. Not to say that I ever stopped...but he's just such a good man and a bada** (I don't know if it is okay for me to really write that word here??) in his own clever way!

We better not lose anyone else we love this season...it would be too heartbreaking! I am all for being on the edge of my seat (it is expected), but I don't like shedding tears! Hopefully I am done with that this season, but with two hours left, anything can happen!

Posted by geg6 on 05-17-06 at 08:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-06 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

Oh, Emily, that line was sooooooooo awesome! I had the same reaction. Aaron is just so totally cool.

I also loved how he called Martha by her first name, too. In a much different tone of voice, too. Could we be seeing a hint of a hookup coming down the road?

ETA: This week's Entertainment Weekly also speculated on a relationship between Martha and Aaron. Am I brilliant or what?

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by CantStandToLook on 05-16-06 at 11:37 AM
Great episode. I can't wait to see how Jack gets to Logan too. I still dont see him taking him out but maybe something where Bierko or even Henderson does would make sense. Henderson's already said he is a dead man unless he can go completely underground like Jack did, maybe he gets he figures if he's going out, he's taking Charles with him.

I got your back Jack....by Arkie

Posted by sittem on 05-16-06 at 01:49 PM
If this is David Palmer's funeral then we have totally jumped the shark. A funeral at 6 a.m? Less than 24 hours from the tie of death? For an African American? I don't think so.

"But..."
Posted by AyaK on 05-16-06 at 01:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-06 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

...Palmer's funeral wouldn't be held in California. It would be in DC -- or at least the body would lay in state in the Capitol Rotunda prior to the funeral. That means that the body has to be flown back.

And when better to do it than just after the time of the morning news shows on the East Coast ... and just before the West Coast repeats of those shows?

And, if you're a mass-murdering criminal like Logan, what better way to wrap yourself in the flag than by accompanying it?

That's what I expect is taking place.

"RE: But..."
Posted by sittem on 05-16-06 at 02:36 PM
Oh - well that makes sense then. Never mind.

Guess I really need to go back and look at that preview.

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 05-16-06 at 05:17 PM
That means that the body has to be flown back.

Ah-ha! I'll bet that's where Wayne is. (With David's body.)

~ EmRB

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Thinking Out Loud

Posted by CantStandToLook on 05-17-06 at 09:13 AM
I figure Logan's people are going to be hot on Jacks trail trying to kill him so maybe Jack will pull the stow-away card again. What I'm also interested in is how the repercussions are going to be felt thru Homeland Security and CTU since Logan knows that Karen and Bill were helping Jack.

I dont see him just letting them slide either but dont know what he would do to try to punish them and there are lots of other loose ends that he would have to try to tie up such as Heller and Aaron. It should be a very action and drama packed two hour finale.

I suspect the four wise-men already have a plan to escape and cause havoc for next season. I coudn't see them just up and dissappearing but plot wise it would make more sense to have different terrorists next season.

Posted by J I M B O on 05-16-06 at 06:45 PM

well, i've already had to suspend my 'reality-o-meter' on a couple biggies.

like the fact they kept losing the recording, but never thought to make a copy...or just play the freaking thing over the phone?

and i always love how they find the next bad guy lead, can assemble a team, hop into a car, and get to any point in LA within 10 minutes like last night.

"Czar's hint"
Posted by AyaK on 05-17-06 at 11:58 AM
Yeah, I didn't believe that Chloe didn't make a copy either. But supposedly the writers were going for the following twist:

"Czar" (of "24 Insider" fame) has hinted that, in Ep. 5.23, Chloe brings in her ex-husband (a former CTU techie) to help her recover the recording that Miles damaged.

If they succeed, of course, then all we had was a temporary delay in the plot ... a delay long enough to make Logan think he was getting away with everything.

"RE: Czar's hint"
Posted by trigirl on 05-17-06 at 07:24 PM
Chloe has an ex-husband and hitting Spencer in the same season day... Go Girl!

Posted by CantStandToLook on 05-18-06 at 11:45 AM
I'm more shocked the Chloe was married. Love her character, see her marrying anyone..just seems foreign to me.

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 05-18-06 at 03:51 PM
I'm with you, CSTL. It's awfully optimistic and romantic of her!

(And "optimistic" and "romantic" are two words I would never think to associate with Chloe.)

~ EmRB

Thinking Out Loud

Posted by J Slice on 05-20-06 at 11:19 AM
And I was probably the only person on earth hoping for a Chloe/Edgar hookup. The nerds need love, man.

RIP Edgar

"Nope"
Posted by tvgeek401 on 05-21-06 at 09:41 PM
You're not the only one.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!