URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 108
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SB "Official" Vote Thread, CUPID Episode 9"

Posted by Swami on 09-01-03 at 01:01 PM
Hi CUPID fans! I hope you all had a nice Labor Day. Now let's get to work! It’s time to see if we can use our insights to predict which suitor gets booted off on Tuesday, September 2nd.

We are changing the vote thread a little this week, so pay attention. Moderator AyaK suggested that we include darylg's excellent idea to name all the boot candidates, not just the ultimate bootee. So there are a couple of changes...

Please read the vote thread rules before voting.

Yeah, I know, rules suck in general, but in this case following a few rules will give us a nice, clean, readable vote thread. Try it—you’ll like it!

1. To vote, hit reply and delete the words “Re: SB Official Vote Thread, CUPID, Episode 9” from the topic line of the reply box. Replace them with the names of the person you think will be boot candidates in Episode 9. The first name you list should be the guy you think gets booted. Follow this name with names of anyone else you think will be called out as a boot candidate by our lovely host Brian McFayden.

2. Feel free to include your logic or opinions in the message box, but remember this is not a discussion thread. Do not use this thread to discuss or argue about anyone else’s reasoning. There are lots of other threads to do that in—use them, or start a new topic.

3. Reply to this post only, not the bottom post on the thread. This makes an easily tabulated and scannable vote, since all the names will line up neatly.

4. Vote just once, of course.

NOTE: This thread will be locked by moderator AyaK at 8 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, when the show starts. If you are in another time zone you will have to figure out what that means in your local time.

IceCat is a Genius

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Renda boot. Evan and Joe"
Posted by Swami on 09-01-03 at 01:07 PM
Renda has been treading water for a few weeks now--I think he goes under this week. For whatever reason,and we've discussed a few, East Coast guys are not doing well in this show.

This is the last time that the producers can call out 3 boot candidates without giving away who is getting the most votes. I think the show would love to see Robert and Hank sitting together after these 3 are called out, since that would result in the best case scenario for a redial war.

IceCat is a Genius

"Renda booted. Dominick and Joe"
Posted by Bloss on 09-01-03 at 01:31 PM
Renda has been on the chopping block too many times. I think his luck has run out. Dominick will be in the final three because it seems more people are realizing that he's just not ready to get married. Joe will also be there because after last weeks date, folks realize what an injustice it would be to stick Lisa with Joe AND his obnoxious family.

"Renda, Joe, Dom"
Posted by HappyDayz on 09-01-03 at 01:32 PM
I think Renda's been running on borrowed time, and this time he's probably not going to pull through it....unless the pleas to oust Dom worked (and I don't think they did this week, his date was much better than it was the week before). Most people I know found the unusual 'family time' kissing to be kind of disturbing, so that might have sealed it for him.

Kim calling Joe out about being in it for the competition and not for the girl might get him his first visit to the bottom three.

Dom....some people will heed the harpies pleas and not vote for him because of his lacking maturity, but a lot are going to vote for him anyway based on his looks. I think he may still be in the bottom three.

"Joe boot, Robert, Hank"
Posted by Cupidcruiser on 09-01-03 at 02:33 PM
What the heck--I'll go out on a limb! If Evan was in the bottom 3 once, then Hank should be too. But I really do think Joe needs to go--he is fake and pushy and would be a horrible domineering husband

"Renda, Joe, Robert"
Posted by djk on 09-01-03 at 05:41 PM
I think Dom's date went well last week, despite the comments afterwards, so there is a slight chance he will skip the bottom three this week (may be more wishful thinking than anything!)

Renda I think will go, he is following Ken's pattern, three strikes and your out!

"Renda (to be booted), Evan, Joe"
Posted by redefine_perfection13 on 09-01-03 at 05:58 PM
Id have to say Renda because of those kisses infront of his family

"Joe - Robert - Renda"
Posted by Pamselfish on 09-01-03 at 06:34 PM
Joe - should have been the first one to go many weeks ago when he didn't play by the rules of keeping the cost of the date within what he earned. Evan did fine within his little $9 budget. Guess Joe thinks rules don't apply to him. Lisa seems like a live-within-the-rules kind of girl. It's a complete mismatch in every area. Even the friends are finally seeing it.

Robert - It's not fun anymore watching his antics. It's so uncomfortable and it's hard not to cringe.

Renda - I was pulling for him for a long time. I like his free spirit. Lisa would probably love living in NYC at least for a while. Those long kisses in front of his family were too creepy. In a way it was like a control thing - he knew it would be more uncomfortable for her to put a stop to it since his family was all right there.

"Renda, Joe, Dom"
Posted by Joyful on 09-01-03 at 06:35 PM
I would love to put Robert on the list but I just don't think it will happen until Renda and Joe are gone.
Renda's a no brainer, that kiss was weird and everybody recognizes it as such.
Joe needs to have his head deflated and put in the bottom three for once. He's too cofindent for someone that strange.
Dom had a much better date this week but if the other choices are Hank (YEA) or Robert(YUCK) the voters will put up Dom.

"Robert-booted. Renna & Joe"
Posted by wendyv on 09-01-03 at 07:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-03 AT 07:18 PM (EST)

I just hope I don't have to watch the whole Robert/Lisa fiasco again. No sparks at all.

"Robert booted, Renda & Joe"
Posted by sassyblonde241 on 09-01-03 at 08:18 PM
Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. Want to see Robert go in the worst kind of way. No sparks and he just bothers me!
Renda doesn't go with her, and neither does Joe.

"Joe (gone), Renda, Dom"
Posted by Darylg on 09-02-03 at 08:38 AM
Lets see if i am on a roll. I guessed right last week about ken leaving and about dom being in the bottom 3.

"Robert booted - Joe, Dom"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 09-02-03 at 08:55 AM
I think Renda will be saved from the bottom 3 this week.
I also think the voters might have finally gotten a clue last week as far as Robert needing to be booted.

"Bottom 3 - Renda, Joe, Dom"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-02-03 at 02:32 PM
With Renda going only because he has been in the bottom almost every week. Joe hasn't appeared in the bottom yet. And Dom I think still has his fans. Renda by default. Think Joe should go but again he hasn't been in the bottom three yet. It would be a shocker to me that he would go from never being in the bottom 3 to being voted out this late in the game. Joe has a big family I think they are all voting for him.

"Renda Booted, Joe and Dominick....."
Posted by managerr on 09-02-03 at 03:53 PM
Robert could be bottom 3 this week though...

"Joe Booted (I hope) Renda, Dominik"
Posted by theking0075 on 09-02-03 at 04:17 PM
You who voted for Robert are sad and confused. He has a lot of fans and will be in the final 2!

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

"Joe boot, Renda & Dom"
Posted by okdebi on 09-02-03 at 07:20 PM
I feel that Joe's family was more disarming to Lisa than Renda's kiss and hope Joe goes. I would like Renda to stick around for one more show.

Unfortunately, I feel that there are enough clowns out there voting for Robert that he won't yet make it to the bottom 3. Scary thought!!!

"Final Tally"
Posted by Swami on 09-02-03 at 11:08 PM
Oops--we didn't get locked. sorry.

This is post 18, tabulating the 16 votes cast before 8pm EST:

Renda received the most boot votes--8.
Joe received 5 boot votes.
Robert received 3.
Joe received the boot!

It seems we were taken by surprise this week!

IceCat is a Genius