URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 107
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Don't like the Alfre story line"

Posted by kamille8 on 09-28-05 at 00:48 AM
Loved the season premiere but I do not like where the Alfre story is going. For one thing every scene with her son seems incestious and the whole person in the basment thing is too dark for my desperate housewives. I'll try keeping an open mind but I don't know.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Don't like the Alfre story line"
Posted by shabalaba on 09-28-05 at 12:19 PM
>the
>basment thing is too dark
>for my desperate housewives.

I agree that it is a dark storyline, but then again, so was Mary Alice's kidnapping and suicide. We'll just have to wait and see what develops.

Posted by GeorjiB on 09-28-05 at 06:20 PM
I would absolutely be floored if that truly was her son ... after re-watching the episode there's no way that's her real son. There's a ton more to that story I'm sure.

Posted by Rhyn on 09-28-05 at 06:44 PM
I don't get an incest vibe. I read later that there was a pseudo-spoiler that said the Betty Applewhite storyline would be something rarely touched on television, and people speculated that it would be an incestuous relationship.

I think a lot of people's impressions are born from that speculation. I didn't see anything kinky or weird like that. I also think Alfre is entirely too good an actor to accept a role that would make her an incestuous woman on a hit primetime drama/comedy.

If there is a relationship, they are not related, but as I said, I don't think there is a relationship there at all. I didn't pick up on that, in any case.

Posted by volsfan on 09-29-05 at 09:08 PM
I think a lot of people's impressions are born from that speculation. I didn't see anything kinky or weird like that

You didn't think the hug she gave the son from behind a little weird? Hell, the only thing she didn't do was tweak his nipples.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Puffy on 10-02-05 at 06:24 PM
Well her leading character was just killed off on the 2nd episode of the new "Inconceivable" series on Friday nights. So I guess she's on "Desperate Housewives" to stay.

I'm nuts over Nutz