URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 107
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ant is STILL not funny, and now he's gone!"

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-07-04 at 09:55 AM
Maybe now we can get down to the business of comedy rather than this silly, back-biting carp that even most of the comics don't seem to like. Ant showed how really unfunny he is last night and proved that he has no material aside from gay material. He's an annoying little beyotch AND he is not funny. (OK, I think I've made my point. For the record, Gulman was very lucky last night as that was the worst stuff I've heard out of him yet.

NOTE TO ALLIANCE: Just because you have the numbers to 'challenge' anyone you want, doesn't actually make you FUNNIER than them. Madigan, London - this means you. Challenge people that you might be able to beat on your own.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ant is STILL not funny, and now he's gone!"
Posted by Kellar on 07-07-04 at 12:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

I don’t want to spend too much time dissecting Ant’s act because I almost certainly have something better to do. But, he received about 25% of the vote which would suggest that Gary made Ant his bi*th and from the way Ant was crying it was probably a role turnaround for him without the reach around (or as I‘m told from Full Metal Jackets). That being said, from the couple of clips of Gary’s set I gather that Ant had to really suck to lose so badly to him. Gary’s comedy reminds me of stoner humour, you know the type of humour where jokes are not needed because everything is just funny. Cookies! That’s some good material.

Posted by geekboy on 07-07-04 at 01:09 PM
I strongly disagree. I feel Ant blew Gary out of the water with that set. It was hilarious. I suspected a result like last with with 90%+ going to Ant. I thought Gary's set was boring. I can't see how he got 75% of the vote. He didn't deserve it.

geekboy

Posted by arkiegrl on 07-07-04 at 02:18 PM
To me, Ant was boring, not funny.

I think that if Jay manages to escape the head-to-head, he might win, for no other reason than he will get America's sympathy vote. When he asked the photographer how do you smile?, I thought, yep, all those women who write to prisoners, etc. will be voting for him. I wouldn't be suprised if JayLo gets marriage proposals in the mail this week.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by bdemoney on 07-07-04 at 03:45 PM
To me neither comedian seemed very funny last night.

I was really worried after Gary's set that Ant would stick around, cuz Gary's act wasn't very good. But then I caught Ant's set and thought it was even worse than Gary's.

Thank goodness! Personally, I could not stand to see one more minute of Ant on my television screen.

Posted by geekboy on 07-07-04 at 03:54 PM
Guys, i simply don't see what you dislike about Ant.

Is it because he was actually playing the game? People like Ant on reality shows are refreshing, as opposed to all the other dimwits who DON'T play the game. He was there with a game plan, which i liked.

This isn't reality, its reality TV and it is a game. Don't dislike some contestants just because they play the game.

If i'm all wrong, please tell me what you didn't like about Ant, because i thought he was damn funny last night.

geekboy

Posted by EnglProf on 07-07-04 at 04:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

Ant is an idiot with one schtick, and he rides it every single time. He's just not funny "You recognize my accent don't you? Yes, I'm from San Francisco. It's BEEN DONE. Better.

People around here hate Ant because his un-funny *ss made it onto the show, not because of how he "played" the game.

Just my .02

ETA:

I think Gary was really thrown by being selected and singled out for the head-to-head. I agree it was his worst material, and would add that his rhythm and confidence were off too. I think his material is hilarious (generally) but after last night, I'm not sure he has the focus to pull off a win.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by PagongRatEater on 07-07-04 at 04:48 PM
Psst. EnglishProf, don't tell anyone but we agree on something.

Actually, I agree with everything in your post. Gary is one of the funnier comics in the house, but I thought he was sunk after his set. Thank you Ant for sucking even worse.

Posted by EnglProf on 07-07-04 at 05:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-04 AT 05:30 PM (EST)

Hey, I was thinking this same thing after I read this:

NOTE TO ALLIANCE: Just because you have the numbers to 'challenge' anyone you want, doesn't actually make you FUNNIER than them. Madigan, London - this means you. Challenge people that you might be able to beat on your own.

Are they dumb or what? Their brains must be rotting from all the mold in the castle.

I always knew we'd agree on something PRE-- just didn't figure it would be Gary Gulman!

I bet you think he's really hot, too.

ETA: spacing

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Captain_Savem on 07-07-04 at 09:50 PM

I hate to say this but I completely agree with PRE too - I mean, I agree with Dink. I agree that this isn't a game where alliances will work. Because it's not like you're voting someone off, the audience votes people off!! Sheesh, when are they going to catch a clue?

A Kyngsladye Original ©2004
U.C.B. Local #69

Posted by Mistral on 07-07-04 at 11:01 PM

>I agree that this isn't
>a game where alliances will
>work.

Heck, I thought it was supposed to be about "who's the funniest person to perform in front of an audience" and not about "who's the funniest that the people in the house's strongest alliance allows to compete."

All I want to do when I watch this program is to laugh. I don't care who makes me laugh, or what "alliance" they are in.

"Hey Geekboy"
Posted by Sportsbabe on 07-07-04 at 06:46 PM
I agree with you 100%. Ant played the game and is good TV. Gary is a wuss. He was bitching & whining and he's the heterosexual . Too bad, cause he is one good looking testosterone holder. He turned me off when he let Ant send him into a hissy fit. Good Lord, man-up!!

Now that Ant's gone, who's gonna bring the drama to the house?

Posted by Loree on 07-08-04 at 10:15 AM
>To me neither comedian seemed very
>funny last night.
>
>I was really worried after Gary's
>set that Ant would stick
>around, cuz Gary's act wasn't
>very good. But then
>I caught Ant's set and
>thought it was even worse
>than Gary's.
>
>Thank goodness! Personally, I could
>not stand to see one
>more minute of Ant on
>my television screen.
>

I agree. I wanted Ant gone. And was happy when he had to go up in a head-to-head. It was silly that he wanted everyone to vote against Gary but he wanted to vote someone else to slip through. It was his big idea, he had to stand up to it. Of course he was scared. He knew he wasn't very good.

But I was worried too after Gary. It was not some of his best material. I so hoped they were hiding his funnier lines by editing. I was even hoping the women in the audience would vote for Gary because they thought he was good-looking (anything to get rid of Ant). Then Ant came on stage and bored me to sleep. He wasn't even mildly interesting. So I figured Gary was safe.

Posted by Mistral on 07-07-04 at 10:55 PM
OMG, you are TOO funny! Especially with the "women who write to prisoners" (I live in the county where Scott Peterson is being tried, BTW).

I missed the last half-hour of this thing (due to TAR5 being on at the same time and me being too cheap and untechnical to deal with TIVO) so I can only imagine a H2H between Gary and Ant.

Gary, I always thought was funnier. The problem with Ant is not him being gay, but that he can't perform any material that does NOT include being gay. Dude, expand your horizons! We get that you're gay, you're not the first gay comedian, but there is more to being funny than being gay-funny. Funny is funny.

"Neither was gary"
Posted by Oscirus on 07-07-04 at 06:50 PM
Im gonna have to say that was the worst showdown eva. I thought Gary's material was Horrible (especially that gay bit about Oreo cookies) and Ant's was better than his usual bit but stil pretty bad.

Madigan can probably challenge anybody she wants cuz nobody is gonna bring her with them in a head to head. As for London his best choice would be Gary as I doubt there is anybody else in the house he could even come close to beating.

Posted by motormouth on 07-08-04 at 05:51 AM
I happen to prefer Gary. (yes, I think he's hot)
However, Neither Gary nor Ant made me laugh in the H2H. I was rooting for Gary because he is a little less diva than Ant.
I will probably miss the drama Ant provided though.

sig pic courtesy of The *Last* Scottsman

Posted by theking0075 on 07-09-04 at 03:56 PM
I didn't see Gary's set cause I was watching poker on ESPN, but I thought Ant was better than I thought he was going to be. I thought to myself the Gary must have "Killed" to have won by such a large margin. Guess I was wrong.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!