URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID90
Thread Number: 106
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New Article...Check Out What Allison is Doing Now"

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-12-05 at 11:36 PM
Here is a new article that just came out about Allison today:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/living/health/13387002.htm

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New Article...Check Out What Allison is Doing Now"
Posted by Labyrinth on 12-12-05 at 11:52 PM
And did you notice????

"I honestly believe I was in a situation where I didn't realize how ill I was mentally, emotionally, spiritually. ... Hmmm here comes Season 5 and heres..... Allisham!

"I really had some fun learning how to love my body. With my body still being heavily scarred, I went to a lingerie shop and put on bras and real feminine sexy clothes. I had been trying to hide myself in sweatshirts and real baggy clothes through this process.... In those clothes, I felt so feminine, so different and amazing. It gave me a real zeal for the future."

Allisham! You didn't tell the reporter that you didn't buy one friggin outfit!!

She's getting into public speaking. Her first gig is in February...

Read here that she is getting paid folks and is using the SO show to launch her in this.

This article has a spoiler for folks who don't want to know - don't go. I'll have to wait and post about it once she leaves the show and I'll have a lot to say about it.

Posted by BeenThere on 12-22-05 at 05:53 PM
The lesson for me is: Be Very Careful Who I Listen To, Imulate and Trust.

Not everyone who is out there in the 'healing professions' or making speeches is together or knows what they're talking about. Some can do more harm than good. And some can just 'fake it' and get by, which is what I think Allison is going to do.

Posted by southbeachhippie on 12-25-05 at 06:12 PM
So what if she is getting paid to spread a positive message? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that in my book.

Posted by aunti lil on 12-28-05 at 08:05 PM
>And did you notice????
>
> "I honestly believe I was
>in a situation where I
>didn't realize how ill I
>was mentally, emotionally, spiritually. ...
>
Hmmm here comes Season
>5 and heres..... Allisham!
>
>"I really had some fun learning
>how to love my body.
>With my body still being
>heavily scarred, I went to
>a lingerie shop and put
>on bras and real feminine
>sexy clothes. I had been
>trying to hide myself in
>sweatshirts and real baggy clothes
>through this process.... In
>those clothes, I felt so
>feminine, so different and amazing.
>It gave me a real
>zeal for the future."
>

>
>Allisham! You didn't tell the reporter
>that you didn't buy one
>friggin outfit!!
>
>She's getting into public speaking. Her
>first gig is in February...

>
>
>Read here that she is getting
>paid folks and is using
>the SO show to launch
>her in this.
>
>This article has a spoiler for
>folks who don't want to
>know - don't go. I'll
>have to wait and post
>about it once she leaves
>the show and I'll have
>a lot to say about
>it.

" The good thing is now she won't have to file bankruptsy! I am a breast cancer survivor, ( I am a 4 time cancer survivor) and I do not believe Alli is the one to speak to anyone regarding breast cancer, (one has to go five years free of cancer to be truly considered a survivor. She is an insulting mockry to all of us who have survived cancer and truly understand the emotional impact; etc. amen!)."

Posted by Ldychef2k on 12-12-05 at 11:55 PM
I have a cavity.

Posted by BeenThere on 12-22-05 at 05:58 PM
Very clever! In response to the article, 4 little words speak volumes.

Posted by julli96 on 12-12-05 at 11:56 PM
OH No No No!!! Please tell me I read that wrong....The Magic Johnson internship...the nipple talk....trips to Santa Monica..No No No, I'm having a nightmare, please wake me up!!!

Posted by mhb0125 on 12-13-05 at 00:00 AM
Oh yeah, she was trying to cover her body all the time. All of us posted that we'd like to see Allison in something other than sweats and baggy clothes. WHATEVER!!!! She is such a liar! And her graduation present. I guess she doesn't stay in NC for long.

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 00:08 AM
Yeah, all she wore was baggy sweats before the lingerie shop. And she felt "so sexy, so feminine, so amazing" in the clothes, but came home from the shop & started up her "boo-hoo, I feel fat & ugly...everyone please reassure me over & over again that in reality I'm skinny & beautiful."

This woman totally NAUSEATES me, grosses me out; she is FAKE to the nth degree.

Posted by beckettrep on 12-13-05 at 06:21 PM
>Oh yeah, she was trying to
>cover her body all the
>time. All of us
>posted that we'd like to
>see Allison in something other
>than sweats and baggy clothes.
> WHATEVER!!!! She is
>such a liar! And
>her graduation present. I
>guess she doesn't stay in
>NC for long.

Am I missing something or what?? WHAT sweats????? All I see her wearing (for the most part) are those stupid peasant blouses that cover nothing and skirts and heels (even when she went to that one place where she SHOULD have worn sneakers/sweats). Is this woman totally delusional or am I??

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 06:27 PM
beckettrep...LOL, it is definitely not you.

I don't have any recollection of Allison EVER wearing sweats...either season.

Maybe now she's gonna say that she "just started" wearing "a little" makeup???

Posted by jeana28 on 12-13-05 at 05:32 PM
>OH No No No!!! Please tell
>me I read that wrong....The
>Magic Johnson internship...the nipple talk....trips
>to Santa Monica..No No No,
>I'm having a nightmare, please
>wake me up!!!

i think im gonna be sick.... Alison honestly telling people she has no nipples? Oh my.. yeh ill be right back.. ooohh its TMI right there.

Posted by Barbied0ll on 12-29-05 at 11:41 AM
Maybe allision will be the half time show at the superbowl, and speak about her time on SO and opps, accidently will have a malfunction with her outfit and her nippless boobs will fall out and be shown to the world! She talks about it enough, it seems like she wants to show it off!

Posted by BeenThere on 12-22-05 at 06:05 PM
On the other hand, Allison was at her 'best' in Houston with the Katrina victims. It was the only time I've seen her truly caring about others, not faking it or talking about caring about others.

Then she took a few giant steps backward with all the BS about HERSELF that she brought back from Houston to the house. That was a distressing turn of events; I'd so hoped Alliso had instead turned a corner towards health.

But while she was in Houston, it did seem like the only time she was able to step out of 'self'. Anyone agree?

Posted by angelleyes on 12-12-05 at 11:58 PM
Thanks for the link.

This woman has lost all credibility with me. She makes me want to {gag} {barf} {upchuck}....in that order. She's a big, fat liar who needs to get her story and her act together before she tries to help anyone else. Did she say she loved going to the lingerie shop and felt so feminine and sexy because that isn't what I saw on television. Did she say she was has lived a blessed life because that isn't what I saw either on SO. She's a big, fat liar. And God doesn't like big, fat liars and I don't either.

Once again we have seen Allisham say one thing on the SO show and another to the public. She can kiss my asp and B/M too for making me suffer through this beyotch! (yes, I was powerless to turn the tv off

And now she is studying spiritual psychology? YIKES! The blind leading the blind it will be. Wonder who is paying for those weekend commutes to California?

What a sham, a fraud, a fake.

Posted by SOAddikt on 12-13-05 at 00:33 AM
Although I am a believer in psychotherapy, it's no secret to anyone that many, if not most, of the people who go into psychology are pretty whacked themselves. I only hope that anyone who goes to Allison for help will remember her face from the show and run in the other direction.

As for the internship, ANYBODY can get an unpaid position stamping envelopes and calling volunteers during the one weekend a month that she's here in L.A. going to school, which wouldn't leave much time for the internship, but I bet she'll tell you that she's ABSOLUTELY MOST LOVED intern Magic Johnson ever met. It's pure MAGIC!

Posted by Ldychef2k on 12-13-05 at 00:49 AM
Does that mean that SO gave Allison a "gift" that pretty much anybody could get. It cost nothing, was not particular special? Wow. How's she going to embellish that one?

Kris

Posted by Baxtera on 12-13-05 at 08:28 AM
Well there are paid internships and the college is only once a month so she should have time for both and still keep her health as IV promised. I'm sure she couldn't have taken it on with her debt situation without being able to have some payment involved. It sounds like she's still in NC so I'm curious what kind of internship she got. It also sounds like IV has her set up for some cancer speaking gigs.

I wonder how long Allison can fake chanelling IV. I know she wants to be IV but it's one thing to fake it through IV's exercises on tv but to be in a program where everything you do is focused on spiritual identity I do wonder how she'll do. That being said one weekend a month is more like a retreat than a daily, weekly process she might be able to recharge during the week.

Posted by OklaBlue on 12-28-05 at 08:54 PM
Very expensive program, $16,000 to $33,000 for 2 to 3 years, 10 sessions a year. Where is she getting that from? Or maybe they are giving it to her free. Check out tuition on the Santa Monica U website.

Posted by MsV500 on 12-13-05 at 01:10 AM
I can't believe that the lingerie store visit trumped her Houston trip to "help" the Katrina victims. You know - the one that made her cry silent tears? The one that left her forever changed?

But that lingerie store visit was way more significant than that. I mean, that was about HER.

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 01:20 AM
What a great point, MsV500...that is Allison in a nutshell.

She is always proclaiming she has this intense, burning desire to help people, but all that really matters to her is HERSELF.

A visit to a lingerie store trumps Hurricane Katrina victims...yup, sounds about right for Allison.

Posted by Hunybuny on 12-13-05 at 00:21 AM
OMG....I am going to be sick, I'll say she's a work in progress alright, and she say's she had body issues, well it didn't seem to bother her to show that ugly scare on her chest,ever hear of make-up?or is that just to attract attention to herself? and I didn't see her in any baggy sweats, only the housedress that IV made her wear, other than that she had some pretty form fitting outfits,and now one of her graduation gifts is an internship to MJ's foundation....two graduations,what are they thinking, will they give Sommer a chance to come back and graduate? And what about our pill-poppin-piss-tank, Karen?

Posted by RosieRoo on 12-13-05 at 00:28 AM
Oh Jeeeeez .... this really is interesting...studying spiritual psychology where Iyanla studied?? And she goes to CA once a month?? Hmmmm.... maybe those hugs between Iyanla and Allibarf were more than met the eye.........

And why the HELL does she get TWO graduations???? She makes me sick!

Posted by SOAddikt on 12-13-05 at 00:35 AM
I'll gladly give her 2 graduations, or 10, if it means she'll be gone on Thursday!

Posted by julli96 on 12-13-05 at 00:30 AM
B/M and LC's you need S.O.S. ASAP....You let A get her 15min+
Now it's time for SO fans to go PUKE! I for one have no RESPECT for one Miss Allicon. Shame on her.

Posted by southern sam on 12-13-05 at 00:39 AM
I cannot believe what my eyes seen about Allison.... Graduation AGAIN. I have lost my respect for SO.

Posted by Niquiemo on 12-13-05 at 00:35 AM
I am sick, completely sick.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 02:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 02:17 AM (EST)

Hey ladies, this is "THE NEW REALITY!"

First of all, the good new is...we probably won't have to watch Allusion stumble around in her flood pants and stacked strappy sandals as she takes her place in the public eye (BTW, what the hell was that outfit today? - the baggy sweatsuits she claims to HIDE in?...HEY ALLUSION, WE FOUND YOU!). The day will come when we can all sing a rousing chorus of "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead!" (Figuratively. ladies, figuratively!)

If it's still really getting to you, try and think it through. What are we upset about? Did Allusion con the authorities at SO? I have a feeling they have come to terms with what they have created. Lord, she almost wet her pants when she thought she was going home, (with good reason; she's slandered her family, living and dead, to the entire Northern Hemisphere), and, in an effort to "talk her down" and "get her out", they flew in a former SO #2 guest (for one day) who was supposed to convince her that life continues after SO.

If you think Allusion has fooled people in positions of power, realize that the same speaking engagement has been listed in several articles. With the SO time lapse and the engagement date considered, that makes one invitation in five months.

Her commuting plans? That is just a mystery. Working on a degree and an internship in Calfornia while she is there only once every 28 days...how is that done? Where will she be staying while in the Sunshine State? What about her crippling debt? Someone brought up a good point (sorry, I'm drawing a blank...) - who's paying for the airfare? Please don't say the foundation she is doing an internship for; not unless the money is coming out of someone's personal bank account.

In all reality, she is the #1 failure of the SO program. She is the only person who had an opportunity to come back to the house a second time. Now, according to the interview in the blog, Allusion says she came back as a result of the thousands of women who wrote to her. She just felt "she needed to finish growing"?. Finish growing? She is completing her second stint at SO, she became the biggest problem in the house, she is still afraid of her mommy at 41 (I know, I know, she is the "child" of an alcoholic...I've heard it...we've ALL heard it), and she still has a major debt problem and no f/t job.

Was Allusion always this unbalanced, or did SO make her that way?
Soon we won't care anymore. Out of sigh, out of mind.

***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***~***

An All Inclusive Greeting! Happy Holidays!

Unconditional love heals - big time.

Posted by MsV500 on 12-13-05 at 03:05 AM
Uh, Seasoned - check the article again. She clearly states she's 39.

Yeah. And I'm 5'9", 110 pounds and 23.

Reminds me of my mother-in-law. She's been 59 for the last 4 years.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 02:26 PM
Wow MsV, you're a fatso!

I'm 5'10.5" and I weigh 96 pounds!!!

Haha...do you know that I started to write "Allison is 41 years old and is still afraid of her mommy..." But, I figured that since the article said 39, I must have been mistaken thinking she was 41! Argh....fooled again....

Posted by MsV500 on 12-13-05 at 03:19 PM
LOL - don't worry, Seasoned - I'm on a diet!

I am CERTAIN she said she was 41 before. And now I'm watching today's episode, and she just said she was 39.

She's crying right now because she has to confront her mommy. I totally don't get her. She just said she hasn't been angry or resentful at her family. She says that she spent her whole life saying everything is perfect and okay in her family. Uh. Wha? She's done nothing but trash her family since she's been on.

Here's the deal about Allison. She knows she's a fake. And she's scrambling, like treading water, to convince the world that she is the person that she decides she is on any given day. But she really has no clue who she is. And eventually, she's gonna drown.

Okay - I have to go eat my lunch - 6 grapes and a celery stick!

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 05:26 PM
OK, eat your lunch. But don't you go into the bathroom and purge afterwards because you are obviously overeating. Do what I do. Soak a cotton ball in orange juice and suck on it (some starving fashion models actually do that....yuck).

Hey, I've got a question. Remember when Allison was talking to her mother and she said, "Mom, you know how I always take care of everyone else (PAUSE), how I would give anyone the shirt off of my back...etc"? What did her mother say? Yes, No, or silence?

BTW, could you say that to someone about yourself? Isn't that what you wish people would say about you?

Posted by MsV500 on 12-13-05 at 05:38 PM
Yeah - it's like saying, "You know how I'm such a beautiful person? With such a giving heart? And such a great body, right?"

I think her mom just muttered something like, "mnnnnhhhhyuuunnn"

Allison sucks. I wish she would just go. far. away.

Her mom is all like, "Uh, YEAH I knew you wanted to leave. Go ahead." But Allison can't just take her word for it. She assumes she's lying for IV's sake.

UGH! GO ALREADY.

Oh and thanks for the orange juice/cotton ball tip! I'll send you my recipe for ExLax Brownies. So good going in. Not so good going out. But hey! At least we'll stay skinny!!!

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 08:06 PM
Orange juice ala cotton balls and Laxative Brownies...sounds like snack time at a nursery school run by Karen Carpenter. Ouch! (I just smacked myself - that was mean - the deceased should be off limits, right?)

You think her mom said, "M N N N N H H H H Y U U U N N N"? I heard, "M N N N N H H H H Y U U Y E O U N N". But hey, I've been wrong before.

Posted by elgin on 12-28-05 at 05:21 PM
ABSOLUTELY WHEN SHE CAME INTO THE HOUSE DIDN'T SHE STATE HER AGE? IF SHE IS 39 I AM HER UNCLE.

Posted by Black_Rainbow on 12-13-05 at 03:31 AM
>Was Allusion always this unbalanced, or did SO make her that way?<

...I don't usually use this word in judgement of someone (because who ISN'T crazy - I know I am) but this woman is CRAZY. And I don't mean eccentric-cat-lady crazy or old-dirty-hippy crazy. I mean she is a loony toon and a half.

Liza Minelli crazy.

And they have the same make-up tricks... <okay, shutting up now>

~All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher~

Posted by watchingClose on 12-24-05 at 11:17 PM
You haven't watched SO long enough. Allie was not the only person to return to the SO house. Josie was in house one and house two with her baby. She came in house one with baby due in one month and was living in her car. After the baby was 2 months the SO house sent her to an apartment which they paid everything and into house number 2 for 4 months. Josie was there at SO longer than Allie who faced cancer and many surgeries. I think that many of you are very judemental of Allie who I hope has the life she wants and deserves.

Posted by Passionz on 12-29-05 at 11:52 AM
"Watching close"...it's WONDERFUL to see another Ali FAN! I've read such harsh, cruel comments and wonder if they had suffered from all the things Ali has, if they would comment as they have? Just to be a survivor of cancer is rewarding, and to deal with the scars, mental/physical ailments that go along with it,is a struggle. On top of cancer, she has many more problems/illnesses,and I feel she's dealt with them in a well-mannered,totally acceptable and understanding way at the SOH! I too wish her nothing but pure happiness and great health!

Posted by OklaBlue on 12-31-05 at 10:04 AM
welcome to SO Sucks forum.
You know, a person can learn a lot more about breast cancer by reading the Allison threads on this forum than on the show.
Read them all, positive and negative, you will find a ton of information here from breast cancer survivors.
If you don't like the negative, there are positive forums elsewhere.
Bash the show and characters all you want, but bashing other posters is not allowed on this forum.
Why did SO link to this forum? Because it is the most controversial, active, and popular forum. They love controvery, it brings more viewers. The more people complain about this site, the more people visit this site.

Posted by Anne18 on 12-13-05 at 00:55 AM
All I can say is omg! Allison is an IV follower and so is Kim Bookout from Season 2.

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 01:05 AM
Wonder if the "spiritual psychology" degree is Allison's way of racking up credentials so she can return to SO as a life coach. Maybe they can get rid of Rhonda and the whole show can be IV and Allison. BARF!

How can Allison "help" others? Won't she just be JEALOUS of their problems?

Posted by Anne18 on 12-13-05 at 01:27 AM
Allison would be jealous of the houseguests! LOL I checked out the University of Santa Monica online. They offer two degrees one in Masters degree in Counseling and in Spiritual Psychology.

Does this mean that Allison already has a Bachelor's Degree??

"RE: Five Questions for Allison Stanley"
Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 01:42 AM
The title of the article is "5 Questions for Allison Stanley".

Anyone care to share what YOUR questions to Allison might have been?

Here are a few of mine:

1. When did you first become an attention vacuum?

2. Why did IV have a fetish for rubbing your feet?

3. Are you mortified watching yourself on TV?

4. Do you remember anything about your visit with the
Hurricane Katrina victims, other than what outfit you wore?

5. Are you secretly happy you had "THE" cancer because it got
you attention?

(#5 is not meant to be offensive to those whose lives have been touched by cancer, it's just that I hate how Allison used the pity card to manipulate people.)

"RE: This raises a big question"
Posted by deededell on 12-13-05 at 02:07 AM

Now knowing that Iyanla has invested so much into Allison going as far as the "Spiritual Psychology", this leads me to a thought. Rhonda has been awful angry, or at the very least standoffish this season. Could she be disgusted with Iyanla and not in agreement with the Allison storyline?

Just as a sidenote. The "Spiritual Psychology" that Allison is studing for is not quite the same as that of a Christian belief psychology. It is one that does believe in a "higher power" but believes in the "call of the Universe and all thats within". Though I do practice the Christian belief, I am not saying one is better than another. Just thought I might share that there is a difference here between religous and spiritual.

Posted by SOWayz on 12-13-05 at 02:55 AM
Magic must be desperate. I had respect for him.

Posted by deededell on 12-13-05 at 04:32 AM

You know I have to wander if his PR team was begging him to not get involved with this situation. I bet he has some kinda connection to Iyanla and feels like he owes her. Bless his heart he has no idea what the public is about to hit him with.

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-13-05 at 08:41 AM
There was another thread about Magic Johnson and his foundation doing something in NC. http://www.hopeworldwide.org/world/usa/southcarolina/home/2005/10/centers.htm from poster SoWhat

I imagine she is doing something in her own home town and highly doubt she is flying out to MJ's own HQ's. That way he can keep distance from his obligation and no one has to be told how Allisham can do their job better then they can do it!

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 11:25 AM
This is in South Carolina, though...

I can't imagine Allison would settle for "real" work at one of these centers...she wants to hobnob with celebrities on a regular basis.

Maybe she runs in to the MJ Headquarters to answer phones for 15min when she travels to CA once every 28 days? Technically, she could still "exaggerate" it on her resume.

Posted by 3girlsmom on 12-13-05 at 11:52 AM
ALLISHUN: HOW CAN WE MISS YOU WHEN YOU WON'T GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I can say ladies is that Jan 9th seems like an eternity lol
Kathy

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-13-05 at 04:04 PM
What is an internship? I'm perfectly qualified to answer that as I've worked in public relations and the media for over two decades. This is what Allisham will be doing for Magic (and no, I'm not kidding):

1.) Answering phones;

2.) Calling people to make sure they will attend a special function;

3.) Calling the non-important press/media to see if they will attend (the big media will be left in the capable hands of the REAL PR person);

4.) Addressing, making, sealing and mailing invitations to fundraisers;

5.) Calling caterers, hotels, etc... that someone else has already scheduled, but needs to be verified for a fundraiser;

6.) Writing press releases that will be reviewed by the REAL PR person who will then rewrite 99.9 percent of it and have Allisham retype it, copy and mail it to the media that no one really calls (i.e. small town newspapers, radio etc...)

7.) Bring coffee to the meetings she gets to sit in on but not speak in.

8.) Pick people up at the airport.

And that pretty much sums up what she will be doing. I will tell you that she will probably get hired by a celebrity charity because of the power of Magic Johnson's name. Then after 6 months when she flubs some PR event because the Big Name didn't show, or they didn't get Page One of the Main Big Newspaper, she will be out on her a** and hopefully someone with a REAL degree and REAL experienced will have a break at getting a nice job.

Posted by Anne18 on 12-13-05 at 01:51 PM
>
> Now knowing that Iyanla has
>invested so much into Allison
>going as far as the
>"Spiritual Psychology", this leads me
>to a thought. Rhonda has
>been awful angry, or at
>the very least standoffish this
>season. Could she be disgusted
>with Iyanla and not in
>agreement with the Allison storyline?
>
>

I am glad that you mentioned this Deededell, because I noticed that too and did you also notice during the BOR whenever IV spoke or wanted to tell something to Allison, Rhonda looked like she really wanted to say something but kept her mouth shut. LOL I think IV and Rhonda do have differences when it comes to SO house. They don't even show up at the same time to the house. If they do show up together, it's rare!

Posted by jeana28 on 12-13-05 at 05:54 PM
Well from the few times i get to watch this season, it appears like Rhonda does look angry. Almost as Iyanla has stolen the show. Or maybe shes tired of the ladies attiudes? i dont know its hard to tell.
I think Iyanla is getting wayyyy to involved in Alison's case, is that something called Transference? okay im not a pysch major.. so i could be totally wrong. But she seems to spend MORE and more time with Alison than anyone else. Its like she comes over to talk to Jill, and Somehow she ends up with Alison? for someone who doesnt want "their thunder stolen" Ali is making quite a few storm clouds herself.Maybe its just me, but i noticed one epsiode Where Iyanla comes in to talk to Jill. but she never stays with her very long. its okay heres your assignment, do it.. call me later.. i gotta go take care of my baby Alison. Never mind that Jill might need her just as much. Is it because she sees Jill comprehending quicker so shes like okay i can move on? Or she just doesnt get Jill and her problems? so it doesnt seem as important to her?
Honestly i dont care what it takes ot get Ali OUT OF HTE HOUSE. if we have to pry her out... lets do it. ive said it before. shes bad Karma, Toxin... Me personally id get my assignments, do what needs to be done and get out of there. the only two people i really like are T.j and Jill. i have 0 zero respect for christina. i dont think she KNOWS what she wants. I question the parents.. How come they dont bring her parents on? saying hey your daughter is a hooker, with no education and your okay with that? is this what you want your grandchild around? What about when Jackson gets older? You think hes gonna brag to his friends that his momma was a hasbeen stripper and now she cant do anything else ? So its okay with them that thier daughter goes out every night risking her health by having sex with men she doesnt even know? OMG. please tell me they tried to stop her.

Posted by Redbud on 12-20-05 at 08:05 PM
Judging from what we see on the show (acknowledging that we see only what they want us to see) the proportion of time spent between IV and her "patients" is totally lopsided. she is blantantly favoring Allison not only in time spent, but in her emotional investment and treatment. Rhonda's favorite was Jessica. Rhonda has never warmed to Lisa or TJ. TJ without doubt, has been basically ignored when compared to the treatment the rest get.

Posted by quiller on 12-15-05 at 07:42 PM
>
> Now knowing that Iyanla has
>invested so much into Allison
>going as far as the
>"Spiritual Psychology", this leads me
>to a thought. Rhonda has
>been awful angry, or at
>the very least standoffish this
>season. Could she be disgusted
>with Iyanla and not in
>agreement with the Allison storyline?

This is an interesting comment, remember when Allison was on her trip to Houston and the other houseguests got that statue and put it in a chair to represent Allison? Then Rhonda had them move the statue farther away and said (paraphrasing) "maybe we should let Allison take a back seat for a while" To me, that was awfully telling. I think Rhonda does know that Allison was ALWAYS taking the front seat.

cause this is what I do when I am NOT watching SO or posting on this board.

Posted by elliecat on 12-13-05 at 12:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

>The title of the article is
>"5 Questions for Allison Stanley".
>
>
>Anyone care to share what YOUR
>questions to Allison might have
>been?
>
>Here are a few of mine:
>
>
>1. When did you first
>become an attention vacuum?
>
>2. Why did IV have
>a fetish for rubbing your
>feet?
>
>3. Are you mortified watching
>yourself on TV?
>
>4. Do you remember anything
>about your visit with the
>
> Hurricane Katrina
>victims, other than what outfit
>you wore?
>
>5. Are you secretly happy
>you had "THE" cancer because
>it got
> you attention?
>
>
>(#5 is not meant to be
>offensive to those whose lives
>have been touched by cancer,
>it's just that I hate
>how Allison used the pity
>card to manipulate people.)
>
>
>
>
>

I've got one question for you Allison...

If you got lots of messages from thousands of women who have blah..blah..blah
WHY IS YOUR WEBSITE SHUT DOWN ALLISON?

You are such a phony and fake poor excuse for a women living large.

edited to add:

I guess you got over your self-esteem issues now that you have an over-inflated ego.

And BTW the only thing about you Allison living large is YOUR LARGE BODY AND LARGE NOSE. Give me a break.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 10:29 PM
Oh Snowflake...I love these posts.

First, I'm going to channel Allison and answer your questions. Hold on, I have to summon Allison...(insert MUZAK here)

She's here:

"Thith is tho difficult for me, but everyone knowsths that I am like a prize fighter and I'll justht keep punching away till i knock down each obstacle in my unbelievably important life, so here goesth...I'm justh not comfortable in the thpotlight, but like Iyanla, the TV thstar and my unbelievably closthe bestht friend told me, I do have to get usthed to ansthwering these questhtions from my fans (insert wierd, impish smile here)."

(NOTE: lisp is implied hereafter. I'm not spelling any more words incorrectly.)

1. You think I'm an attention vaceeeuuuuum? I think it would be more accurate to call me an attention magnet. I just have the hardest time believing that ya'll are interested in getting a slice of li'l ole me, but Iyanla always says, 'be present in the moment', and so, to honor myself, my place in the universe, and Iyanla, I'll just serve up as much 'Allie pie" as ya'll can swallow. So, you get your fork and I'll get my shovel...oh, I mean, server.

My star is rising pretty quickly over at the foundation that Magic and I co-chair - you know "The Stanley-Johnson Center for the Poor Unfortunates". If you don't get to know me now, the chances are pretty slim that you'll get past the body guards that I'll have to hire to protect me. These guards will be big men, you know. They will have to have very large, defined, pecs...is that what ya'll call those chest muscles that men have? Their arms will have to be...ahem...whew...hotflash comin' thru....really, big and strong and powerful and.....I better stop there. After all, I am incredibly skilled at mental imagery. Um...what was the question? Is it warm in here?

2. Are you implying that the most amazing woman in the world has foot fetish? Well, if she does, foot fetishes just became a sacrament in my book. Just because Iyanla placed rose petals on my bed and made me roll around in them, and just because I was topless while napping when Iyanla came in and recited poetry to me, and just because I was afraid to go home to Charlotte and Iyanla massaged my feet to calm me, well, puh-leaze! That just proves rhat Iyanla has a radical understanding of the pure power of the human touch. It is so transforming. The way she grasped my heel, her manipulation of my toes, the way she just brushed past my ankle....ahem...another hot flash on it's way..wow...can I have a cigarette?

3. Was I mortified watching myself on TV? Hell no, I'm truly convincing...I mean truly confident. You know how everyone says the camera adds 85 pounds? Well, they're right! That was truly shocking at first, but I got used to it. I know that I'll be making enough personal appearances for all of my fans to eventually see the real me. My long, shapely legs, my calves are great, my ample bee-hind, my...oh, damn...another hot flash? Would you open a window please?

4. You bet! I remember a lot about my trip to Houston. I remember coming home and having my spiritual guts almost ripped out by those jealous women in the SOH. They practically told me to shut up because my good deeds were making them feel so dirty. They were like, "Allie, how do you stay so authentic and present in the moment? How can you just give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give and give? So just shut up, you make us feel bad." Oh, wait...that piece ended up being edited out. Well, it did happen, and just like I said it did.

I also remember this man...he lost everything, just everything. I was devastated. He was devastated. We were devastatingly devastated by all of this devastation. He said he was cold. Thank God I was in Houston because I gave him a blanket. What would have happened if I wasn't there? He would have been devastatingly cold...and that would have just added to all of the devastation Katrina brought. Maybe it would have been his last proverbial straw. I probably saved the man's life. Yeah. That's the ticket...the blanket was more than an ordinary blanket...in my hands, it was a life preserver. Anyway, as I put the blanket on him, he said 'Alice, I'm so glad you're here'. I told him my name was Allison, not Alice, and he said he knew that, but he liked the name Alice better. Well he may have been a little light in the head, but he was solid where it counts. Oops! Did I just say that? Well, now that it's out there, if the truth be told, he needed two blankets to cover himself. I really enjoyed playing with the blankets and covering the men up.

Oh, I also stopped to look at a wall of pictures. Did you see the tape? I was really saddened by that situation...gripped with grief would be more accurate. I couldn't breathe. I was literally paralyzed...really bad scene...sniff...Do you think the camera picked up my pain?. I'm only asking because I would hate for anyone to misread my incredibly pure love for the disenfranchised. I am not disingenuous, you know.

5. Am I secretly happy about the cancer? No, I'm openly happy about that...well, not the cancer of course, but the path the cancer was a part of. Listen, this is a deeply spiritual concept, and only the enlightened really get it. But, in a nutshell; I am authentic and present, and I accept the path the goddess in me...oh, I mean the universe...no, it was that damn goddess in me who calls the shots. OK. So I am happy that the goddess in me got in touch with the universe and said I'm happy that I was sick because that is the path that brought me here. And "here" is where I want to be. Got it?

Unconditional love heals - big time

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 11:50 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! Seasoned, all the time I was reading your post, I actually "heard" Allison's voice saying it in my head! Hilarious!!

LOL...makes me want to come up with 5 more questions!!

Posted by ltlfighter on 12-17-05 at 02:24 PM
SEASONED REFINEMENT,
I have not been able to get past your 1st paragraph...I'm laughing so hard I'm actually crying! You are the 1st poster to have actually accomplished this and as we both know, theres a lot of funny Sh!t on these threads...Ok, I think I can see again so, I'm going to try to read your "ali channeling".
Thanks,I really needed this good laugh!

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-13-05 at 08:55 AM
Dr. Lynn Ianni (faux The Swan psychologist) got her degree from also from a diploma mill (and going once a month to college - trust me it's a diploma mill)

http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/list/diplomas.html

Hmm she's going to University of Santa Monica. What to know what this school really offers?

http://www.gousm.edu/ - home page. Click on the left MA in Spiritual Psych. to see what Allisham is studying. I'm sorry but the description reads like a bunch of New Age Bogus Claptrap (and I'm into alternative ideas).

Reality is there are lots of bogus degree programs out there and going once a month to school for a masters sounds exactly like one of these type of schools. Oh but Alisham will have some alphabet soup behind her name so she can get better paying lecture gigs.

I can just see her lecture can't you, the sweet voice, the precise pronunciation with the lisp and then "Life is so important and I had to choose to liiiiiivveeee." Just like her acceptance speech she had taped at the SO house.

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 11:54 AM
Very interesting, Lab...thanks for supplying those links.

The USM link...wow, very confusing. Healing in a nurturing environment, etc. Is it just another way for Allison to avoid reality? With the side benefit of, as you said, adding alphabet soup behind her name so she can scam better speaking gigs.

The ethics scoreboard link...wow, depressing.

Posted by SO2003 on 12-17-05 at 11:02 PM
Allison certainly took good notes in her journal. What was in the article is almost word for word what has been said in the SO House.
I was surprised with part of her graduation gift. Personally that may be a big mistake for the foundation. Thank Goodness it isn't permanent.
It was very interesting when she told her mother she didn't want to live in NC anymore, and her mom already knew it and once again Allison just knew her mom was just saying that to please IV. I think that Allison is very needy and demanding of her mother.
Do you think in 6 months anyone will remember who Allison is?

Posted by Woo on 12-13-05 at 07:43 AM
Good for Allison. She graduates and is beginning her life over. I'm happy for her. I can't knock anybody who's trying to change.

Posted by bookwomanblue on 12-13-05 at 08:01 AM
You know, Woo, I feel the same way. I don't agree with a lot of what has gone down on the show and I am tired of seeing her. But, after she leaves, if she can help even one woman out there that has this disease or that might get checked because of Allison, then more power to her.

It is very possible she was wearing sweats during the break between the two seasons and it was suggested she dress up to make herself feel better. If showing her scars, shows some level of self acceptance, then good! Coming to terms with a disfigured body is not an easy task.

Leaving out all the stuff about her family, she has had plenty to deal with herself over the past couple of years and there is no way that it was easy. Yes, I know there are millions of women out there that go through the same thing. But, that was the point of having her on the show. It just kind of ran away with them.

Anyway, I wish her the best and I hope whatever she keeps doing really does help someone.

Posted by Dog Lover on 12-13-05 at 10:38 AM
bookwomanblue, well said. I wish her and all of those with her issues and challenges the best.

"Article Recants Graduation Day to Jan 9"
Posted by SOfan0221 on 12-13-05 at 08:58 AM
If you click on the 'More about SO' link on the article the author has added new info.

Date change on Allison's 'graduation' episode
Due to scheduling changes, Allison Stanley of Charlotte will graduate from NBC's "Starting Over" on Jan. 9, not Dec. 15.
Many apologies. I didn't learn about the change until late Monday evening.

Oh great, now she runs over to 2006. A legend in her own mind or as she would say. Ammmm jest a wegend in my own mime.. *crinkle*

"RE: Article Recants Graduation Day to Jan 9"
Posted by angelleyes on 12-13-05 at 10:06 AM
This is REALLY JUST TOO BIZARRE. When do I get to wake up from this nightmare? Cause it ain't funny no more. HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP!!

Posted by shawnar on 12-13-05 at 04:34 PM
Did you also see if you keep scrolling down they had a few more question and answers that didn't appear in the article. About Boo Boo and puching Iv?

Posted by SOAddikt on 12-13-05 at 10:21 PM
somebody please kill me.

Posted by Mystique on 12-13-05 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for showing us this. It just proves what we all thought all along. Sad and Aggravating at the same time.

Allison: "I feel like I had to finish my story. ...I keep getting lots of messages from thousands of women who have either gone through the same situation or they were touched by someone in their family. (The show) was a nice sounding board to talk, see and witness how someone lives going through cancer and then going through the genetic testing and having to make the decisions that one is faced with."

Using the letters from people suffering with either having cancer or their relationship with someone that does giving her the script for this season.. you had to 'finish your story' rather than actually going there honestly learning to cope with life after cancer surgery. They expected REAL Allisham not an act. I would have loved to see you one time thankful that you made it through, so many don't. I would have loved to see a person that in that thanks saw life in a new wonderous way and grabbed ahold of it by the horns and helped others in the same situation to have hope. Yes you now live with scars.. but you LIVE. Too many in my family would have loved the chance to live with scars rather than to have lost the battle to the disease.

Allison: What was a highlight of this season? "I really had some fun learning how to love my body. With my body still being heavily scarred, I went to a lingerie shop and put on bras and real feminine sexy clothes. I had been trying to hide myself in sweatshirts and real baggy clothes through this process. I really learned that it doesn't matter if your body's not the same or has scars. Right now I have no nipples; you can look at me and see that I'm a work in progress. In those clothes, I felt so feminine, so different and amazing. It gave me a real zeal for the future."

This blows my mind. She tried on the clothes, had nothing to do with them. Leaving the store so down on herself. Acting as if she would never wear that sort of thing. Now all of a sudden it was a highlight? Why didn't you get one piece of feel good lingerie then instead of put on yet another act of self loathing? Is that what you thought we wanted to see? You were wrong. See, if you were real, and it did make you feel good, we would have been happy for you that you found a way to feel good about yourself, happy for someone else that may think.. maybe I'll try that! But you were never "authentic". HIGHLIGHT? I agree with what others wrote.. you were all about reaching out to help others and the hurricane trip changed you forever yet your highlight is lingerie you turned a blind eye to. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Allison: What was most challenging? "Dealing with my authenticity." She realized that trying to please others made things very difficult.

I think she meant to say.. trying to please others so they in turn could feed my insatiable self-love addiction was very difficult.

Allison: She's also working on a degree in spiritual psychology at the University of Santa Monica, which her "SO" life-coach Iyanla Vanzant attended.

Yes, Ladies we called it.. she was so hoping to stay on as LC or mentor in the house, that's why she was so blown away she was leaving. Come on Allisham, do you really think that you wrote the right script for yourself if that's what you wanted? Who would want to put their lives in the hands of someone so messed up? That's all you showed us. How very messed up you are. If you had actually been authentic and came through the process growing and coping and learning in a real sense, we would all have so much more respect for you.

"She commutes one weekend a month to California."

Wow how many donations does that take? Your finances sure fixed themselves all of a sudden. How many people financially strapped could commute from North Carolina to California every month???! I hope if you graduate to 'help others' that you aren't continuing to use people as your personal audience to continue to tell your story in order to gain self fulfillment. Are you taking classes just for the crudentials to have your own show? Because if that's the way to your fame, I hope that many people watched you on this show before they go to you for assistance.

Posted by 3girlsmom on 12-13-05 at 12:48 PM
Mystique you said it all
Kathy

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 03:50 PM
Mystique,

Well thought out and articulated beautifully...Makes sense to me.

Actually, you've made some excellent points that warrant Allison's attention, at the very least. Her supporters (and yes, I was one of those people cheering her on during season 2) felt OK about her coming back for season 3 (you folks with sharper discernment skills can feel free to chime in here with an "I told you so"; I can take it and I deserve it...LOL). Last year, I would not have believed that this woman's behavior would eventually provoke me to leave a "negative" message on her message board (I wasn't overtly nasty and I didn't call her any names, but it seems like the messages were divided into two categories....).

Actually, with the new house and the new faces, Allison brought a feeling of SO familiarity that made it a little easier to get into the show at first. But you're right Mystique, what I was expecting to see what an honest Allison...not the haughty, "House Guest Emeritus" role she assumed. Isn't it ironic that she claims to place such a premium on authenticity? And she seems to truly believe it

The credentials? You're right. They are part of a course laid out for her. Iyanla, for whatever reason, apparently has some degree of personal affection for Allison (no, I don't think it goes beyong a mentoring relationship), and she is calling in some favors for her. But in the end, Iyanla can only carve out a position for Iyanla...Allison's "career", as she calls it, will stand or fall based on her own merits.

Posted by Mystique on 12-13-05 at 06:36 PM
Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 12-13-05 at 03:50 PM
"The credentials? You're right. They are part of a course laid out for her. Iyanla, for whatever reason, apparently has some degree of personal affection for Allison (no, I don't think it goes beyong a mentoring relationship), and she is calling in some favors for her. But in the end, Iyanla can only carve out a position for Iyanla...Allison's "career", as she calls it, will stand or fall based on her own merits."

First, thank you so much for the kind words. I hadn't even realized that Iyanla may still be "pulling in favors" for her. I guess that's what happens when a LC gets too emotionally involved with a client, possibly allowing Allisham to fill in the void left by her own daughter, one thing in IV's life she couldn't fix so she may cling to Allisham for her own reasons. I wonder if IV will ever see this and realize how much she is enabling her bad behavior, can she step back and see how dependant she is on her and will she ever see the truth that lies behind the cancer survivor to the real Allisham?

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 07:03 PM
Mystique, I too think Iyanla is maybe doing these things to "fix" her own issues about her daughter's death from cancer. Maybe she "cried out to the Universe" and thought the Universe responded by sending Allisham her way?

I really think IV should have excused herself from coaching Allison. Apparently her own issues have clouded her judgement.

Posted by angelleyes on 12-13-05 at 07:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-05 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

Iguana's mother also died of cancer oh so many years ago. Her daughter's death would be the fresher of the wounds though. It's only been two years since her daughter's death and she is still grieving. Codding All-lies-son is not going to bring her daughter back though. These two are feeding off of each other, feeding off each other egos, and it's not pretty.

There was almost something sexual going on today when they were sitting talking to one another. There was something sexual in the way Allifraud kept crossing and uncrossing her legs. She was wearing a skirt and at one point I think I even saw her underwear as she broadly crossed one leg over another. Ewwwwww. Allifraud, Iguana is not your substitute BooBoo.

Posted by Mystique on 12-13-05 at 07:22 PM
>Mystique, I too think Iyanla is
>maybe doing these things to
>"fix" her own issues about
>her daughter's death from cancer.
> Maybe she "cried out
>to the Universe" and thought
>the Universe responded by sending
>Allisham her way?
>
>I really think IV should have
>excused herself from coaching Allison.
> Apparently her own issues
>have clouded her judgement.
>

Snow lol please forgive me but I got this mental picture of the Universe coughing up Allison and spitting her at Iyanla lol I agree IV should have pulled herself off the case or one of the other 'experts' Rhonda or Dr. Stan should have seen this happening if she didn't and put her in someone else's hands explaining to IV how unhealthy for them both this was.

Posted by MariJ on 12-13-05 at 09:48 PM
Another thought keeps popping in my head. I'm wondering if both IV and the producers of SOH have realized how they goofed up having Allison on for a second season and trying to gloss things over by trying to make it right. I'm wondering if IV has given her a scholarship or something to that affect to not only get her out of the house (and make IV feel as though she's not letting Allison 'high and dry') and redeeming their own reputation by pointing to what Allison is going to be doing. Just a thought. I may be way off target.

Posted by rsmith6861 on 12-20-05 at 10:18 PM
>Mystique, I too think Iyanla is
>maybe doing these things to
>"fix" her own issues about
>her daughter's death from cancer.
> Maybe she "cried out
>to the Universe" and thought
>the Universe responded by sending
>Allisham her way?
>
>I really think IV should have
>excused herself from coaching Allison.
> Apparently her own issues
>have clouded her judgement.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with this statement and let me explain why I feel this way. Back in 91, I was in what has been referred to as the Luby's masacre in Killeen, Tx. To make a long story short, I was one of the fortunate to have escaped after watching a man shoot 22 people in front of me. After running from my feelings etc for 10 years, the panic attacks and nightmares got the best of me and I sought counseling from a woman who specializes in PTSD counseling... she is now my life coach, but that wasn't planned. She is however a Pschologist with her PHD. After learning coping skills well enough to be discharged from her care, I told her that I really would like to get involved with helping others who went through what I did.. ie: Columbine students, etc. Her exact words were, "Hon, as nice as that sounds, this kind of work would provide too many triggers for you. Instead of helping them, you'd be enabling them and wouldn't be helping them at all." She was right for even today if I catch bits and pieces of something in the news.. a statement made by a "victim".. I find my body reacting before my brain kicks in and reminds my body that this is a trigger. In other words, it's during this time that I have to resort to the tools my counselor taught me. Going into a field like this wouldn't help me nor would it help anyone else. It's been my feelings from watching this show that often both LC's have had triggers tapped into with the folks under their care.. or as IV refers to them "their clients". Many of the women they've had are most mentally messed up than many patients who are under psychiatric care and personally, I don't feel either IV or Rhonda have enough education or training to affectively work with these women. In fact, I've recorded this entire season and will be sending it to my counselor to get her feed back on the show. I have a feeling the psychology/psychiatric professionals may be soon coming forward and banning this life coach gig that's been really doing more harm than good. The Life Coach philosophy is great AFTER counseling, but in leu of it, I think is outright malpractice. I'm an audiologist. I'm schooled and trained to evaluate and fit patients appropriately with hearing aids and or surgery. Our field had the same thing happen to us that I'm seeing with this life coach thing... Many hearing aid dealers sell hearing aids based on information a technician finds through minimal testing. They had no knowledge of types of hearing loss and had no business perscribing something they knew nothing about. Eventually this practice became illegal. It was malpractice. I feel eventually the same situation is occuring with the life coach craze that's going on. It's my personal opinion that it won't be long before the Starting Over house get closed down.. or replaced by true psychologists and in my opinion, no psychologist is ever going to agree to have her/his patient's problems openly televised for the world to see them. In my opinion, Allison is nothing but a STAR wannabe. People like her who want "star" recognition are going to come out of the woodwork.

I just had to add my 2 cents. The posts here in my opinion have been right on. I believe Allison is as much of the person she's portrayed herself to be as much as I believe Dinky Winky (the teletubie) is gay.... it's B.S. at it's best!
>
>
>
>
>
>

Posted by beckettrep on 12-13-05 at 07:17 PM
I know I won't be donating to any charity that is going to use my hard-earned money to buy Allison free airplane rides every month - what a sham.

Posted by truthhurtshuh2001 on 12-13-05 at 12:58 PM
so she still boring huh

Posted by love on 12-13-05 at 02:02 PM
I read Allison is going to some spiritual school. That is where Iylana went. Is this her attempt to stay connected to IV? I never heard her talk about her spirituality.

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 06:09 PM

Sofan0221...thanks for pointing out the "more on Starting over" link at the start of the article. I didn't even notice that; I guess I was too flabbergasted by the article itself.

There are additional Q & A's with Allison that didn't make it into the interview.

So let's see here...Allison considered "other" highlights of her stay to include the fake Boo-Boo and the fake daddy? What, still no mention of visiting the Hurricane Katrina victims??

Still bragging about "pushing" Iyanla?

And SHOCK!! Allison is still Boo-Boo-less and can't find a date?? Yeah, that's a surprise <eyeroll>. Don't worry, guys, Allison is still "calling out to the Universe" for a Boo-Boo. Unfortunately, it's not the Universe answering back, it's Iyanla calling in a lot of favors. Guess no one owes IV a BIG ENOUGH favor to hook up w/ Allie.

Posted by alexkicks on 12-13-05 at 06:27 PM
How can she afford to commute to California one weekend a month? I thought she was in the hole $1000 a month?

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-13-05 at 06:48 PM
And how is she paying for college tuition? Obviously not.

Posted by angelleyes on 12-13-05 at 06:55 PM
Maybe this crap about shouting out to the universe really works?

Posted by snowflake2 on 12-13-05 at 07:42 PM
>Maybe this crap about shouting out
>to the universe really works?
>

angelleyes, I think Allison has probably spent most of her adult life looking for a way to become "famous". Now she has finally found someone with some connections (IV)who is willing to hook her up. Allison's "real" dream is probably more along the lines of movie star, but at her age I guess she figures she'll settle for these speaking/coaching gigs. Anything that gets her some attention, however limited.

On the other hand, maybe Allisham has been pushing so hard for SO to give her a permanent "mentoring" gig, that they figure they'll push her off on USM with the excuse of her "needing credentials". Maybe they hope she leeches on to someone there as she has to Iyanla. Maybe it was the only way they could get her off the show without her faking a suicide attempt??

Hard to tell, because IV's behavior as it pertains to Allison is very bizarre to say the least.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 12-13-05 at 09:55 PM
Nah, if it had worked Allison would be gone weeks ago. I wonder how many women besides myself have been shouting to the universe for her to go home? lol

Posted by angelleyes on 12-13-05 at 10:34 PM
Good point.

Posted by steelmagnolia on 12-13-05 at 08:18 PM
>How can she afford to commute
>to California one weekend a
>month? I thought she
>was in the hole $1000
>a month?
One of the spoilers for the week has Allison talking to a bankruptcy attorney. How can she justify these expenses along with her different outfit every day and wine? Does she declare the website donations? I have MS and have paid close to $35,000 out of pocket so far this year. Will SO pay my medical bills and let me get drunk every night?

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-15-05 at 02:49 PM
I don't mean to defend Allison - BUT people decided to give her PRIVATE GIFTS (she is not a not-for-profit nor does she have any 501 status AND her website never said the deductions were tax deductible!)

There might be something morally wrong with what Allison did but never did she say she was a non-profit, and what the money was going to be spent on was very opened ended. For example, let's says she was going to a trainer because her doctor said she was losing bone density - well she could give a legit reason why she used THE GIFTS for that purpose.

Let's say the doctor told her to go on an organic diet with fresh vegetables and Allison went down weekly to the market playing the French Lady making Dinner - well the GIFTS could be used for that.

People need to let the "donation" thing go... because I will tell you that no way did Allison accept it as a donation and it was not tax deductible. It will be considered as a GIFT by the IRS (and hence not income).

By all means say what a Cad she is for asking for the money - but if people choose to give to such a "charity" well shame on them too.

Posted by love on 12-20-05 at 02:57 PM
How can Allsion afford to commute to CA from NC once a month?

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-20-05 at 03:51 PM
I expect SO is paying for it as well as her tuition to Santa Monica. They had to offer her something to leave the SO house and for the show to come out looking "good" - like they helped Allison instead of flopping the ending with her being a failure.

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-20-05 at 03:59 PM
Snow I went back and read the second half of this drivel. I have some further thoughts and it comes from being a former newspaper reporter and editor.

This "interview" took place over the phone. It was a Q&A where probably Allison was given the questions beforehand or may have supplied the answers in a written format. I would suspect that it was a promotional PR gig done by the SO people themselves who probably contacted this reporter at the Observer.

It's common practice for the company/organization to go to the hometown newspaper and say, "hey we have a local person who made good and would like you to put something in your paper about her." We used to get military service announcements all the time, aimed only to the hometown of where the guy/gal was from (i.e. "Joe Blow, from Hometown, USA, just completed basic training...")

Notice no local pics of Allison. All were promos from the SO show itself.

I would also supsect a reciprocal reason why the Observer used this story. They got something from B-M SO themselves or owed a favor - you see this more often in television with their affiliates having to offer stories from their mommy station (ABC, NBC etc...) such as the hype on American Idol on affiliated Fox networks.

This interview is hokum and bunkum. It's canned sweetheart. Canned liked Green Beans.

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-23-05 at 10:20 AM
More evidence that this article is canned tripe.

Notice the similarities with the Jessica article
http://www.hudsonreporter.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15769672&BRD=1291&PAG=461&dept_id=523585&rfi=6

Both are published in hometown newspapers of the HG who graduated (in this case Hobokon and in Allison's case Charlottesville).

Both have photos that publicity stills that were taken during time at the SO house. This means the SO production PR company distributed the packet to the newspaper.

Both are a Q&A style format. Nothing is asked that a robot wouldn't ask. These interviews were either done by phone or were part of a press relase. I suspect a press release by the SO B-M group with the reporter MAYBE calling for further quotes or information so they can put their byline on it as "original."

Allison - no mention of Katrina victims. No mention of her "lack" of graduation. Just more of the same crap that you could have gotten from reading her bio at SO.

Jessica - what about that mysterious unnamed photog school? You don't even mention that as one of your gifts under that little headline "gifts to you from SO". Another nice job at a non-profit just for Jessica - obviously lined up by SO or the LC's --- and just like Allison's non-profit work.

Oh yes, these women got good stuff from their little tv whoredom careers - both have jobs due to SO and both have little presents and their picture in the local rag.

Posted by Sweeti on 12-23-05 at 12:28 PM
I found it odd jessica went "home" she said on one of her last days in the SOH she decided to stay in Ca.

Posted by Labyrinth on 12-23-05 at 09:03 PM
I am sure she went home for a visit - this is a press release written by the SO B-M production staff publicity people. Don't rely too heavily on anything said in either Jessica or Allison's article.

I've posted a longer explanation on the Jessica there in the Individual HG forum re: that these are pumped out as PR. Jessica probably had no say in what was written in this article.

Posted by poetic1 on 12-21-05 at 01:43 PM
When did we ever see Allison hide her body in sweatshirts and baggy clothes?