URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 1059
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Anti-Bootee Crying Question"

Posted by LionChow on 04-04-02 at 09:51 PM
Sorry for making a separate post, but I need quick help with scoring this week. I'm not sure if it happened or not, but I think Pappy may have shed a tear over Golden Boy...

Can any impartial posters tell me if he did, or, if anybody else was seen crying earlier? Pappy was the only close call that I remember.

LC

P.S. - How can anybody blow a lead like John and Voodoo did in that Reward race? OMG!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Anti-Bootee Crying Question"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 04-04-02 at 10:02 PM
LionChow, I picked Paschal, so I'm not exactly impartial...
but he DEINITELY had teary eyes. i think he may have let one fall in one of those first night shots. and you can bet the reason he got up to leave was cause he had to go cry

I think we did see a tear, but someone else can make the call if you want

Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 04-04-02 at 10:06 PM
I think I qualify as impartial since I have officially (and involuntarily) left the "official" game. I didn't even find out about the Crying Game until just about 30 minutes before the show started! I did, however, distinctly notice Pappy drying his eyes during the poetry reading - the memories of Golden Boy too fresh, too painful to suppress.

After wiping away the tears, he covered both eyes with the heels of his hands and then got up and walked away. Presumably to have a good cry without further emasculating himself (defeats the purpose of "an old guy out there with 3 women)

Hope my impartial review is sufficient to reward those who were savvy enough to keep Gabe off the safe list last week.

- Vixen

-----------------------
Why are you looking at me? Stop looking at me. I said, STOP -- wait, what? OK, never mind.

Posted by drich61 on 04-04-02 at 10:18 PM
I voted for Kathy, but yes I would say the Pappy voters picked correctly.

Posted by sittem14 on 04-04-02 at 10:53 PM
LC, I can't say whether I'm impartial or not. I don't remember who I picked to cry first - heck, that was a few days ago and I can't remember what I had for lunch today. Plus, I'm so hopelessly behind it doesn't matter anyway.

IMHO, he did not cry. He was emotional, he was sniffling, but in order to award points for crying, I say you gotta see a tear. He may have shed some at some point, but if it's not on camera he didn't cry.

But, you is 'da man and you makes the choice.

Posted by BaquaR13 on 04-05-02 at 00:12 AM
Teary eyes, yes. BUT NO TEARS fell from his eyes, it is depending on how you rule that, but i would say no. There are a lot of teary eyes on this show and if u count everyone of them you may be doing a lot.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 04-05-02 at 00:21 AM
I think Kermit has the best proof: he did wipe his eyes, and that indicates tears to me

Posted by GTmike on 04-05-02 at 00:22 AM
LC. There wasn't a tear that fell, but he did wipe his eyes as if to catch one before falling. I voted for Kathy, but Paschal was the closest thing to crying that we saw on tonight's episode. In the spirit of "family" and not letting the points go to waste, I say give it to pappy voters.

Possible questions for next week that might be interesting:
--Who says alliance first? (at any point--confessionals or to another tribe member)
--Who will be the second to last person in the endurance immunity challenge? (doesn't it usually fall on this episode?)
--Will Kathy laugh out loud purposefully so that everyone hears and give a wide eyed Neleh look when they merge/get their new buffs?

Posted by dabo on 04-05-02 at 01:39 AM
LC, even if it means not counting my vote on the bonus question: I thouight Paschal did get teary-eyed about the Gabe boot.

The old softy.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by LionChow on 04-05-02 at 08:09 AM
Given the responses so far and the wording of the question (below), I'd say that Pappy qualifies as a winner (...the one show water-faucet Kathy picks to not cry... %#&%!).

Thanks for the help.

=================================================
New Bonus Question (+3)
Who will be the next Survivor to be shown crying on camera? They must at least wipe a tear away or dry watering eyes. A mere sad, mournful look will not suffice! Guesses must be in by showtime this Thursday!

Posted by sittem on 04-05-02 at 10:14 AM
Considering the question, can't disagree with you, oh great one!