URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1059
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No one else removed due to injury?"

Posted by Riordan on 03-25-01 at 08:21 PM
This may help confirm or deny previous spoilers. Excerpt from article on Mike Scupin talking to the 700 Club. I will post link below:

While no other contestants have been hospitalized, Skupin said we should be aware of ``the bruises, scrapes and bumps'' that come with the competition to win $1 million.

``Even before the fire, my hands were hurting from the cuts I got while hunting, fishing, cutting wood and building fires. When she jumped off the granite cliff in the second episode, Elisabeth (Filarski) bruised one whole side of her body. Jeff (Varner) hurt his knee. Nick (Brown) was sick some of the time. Rodger (Bingham) tore up his legs in the obstacle race lock-step competition. Nobody's escaped injury.''

<http://www.hamptonroads.com/tv/en0321sur.html>

Looks to me like no broken collar bone for ole Rodg & likely no one else leaving due to injury.

Ri

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: No one else removed due to injury?"
Posted by IceCat on 03-25-01 at 09:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-01 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

Edited for a typo...

It is interesting to note what they directly quote and what is outside the quotation marks:

While no other contestants have been hospitalized - is not directly quoted. That either means it is an assumption made by the author or that they have paraphrased Mike's original statement. Too bad it was not a direct quote.

Now here is something depicted as a direct quote:

"Deep down inside, Jerri's a very sweet person. But she can be villainous," Skupin said.

Could this mean that Jerri leaves early enough to meet Mike at some point prior to their departure from Australia. Could it also mean that they had sufficient time to allow Mike to make such a determination about Jerri's character, keeping in mind that Mike didn't make it to the merge.

It's looking good for a Jerri departure prior to the final four.

IceCat

I still predict a Jerri swan song in EP11!

Posted by idiotcowboy on 03-25-01 at 11:07 PM
I totally agree icecat... and furthermore I'm looking for the next couple evictee's to be praising Jerri as being not such a bad sort too. She's definately gone before the final 4 and the math doesn't work well before ep11...

Posted by Loree on 03-26-01 at 12:33 PM
Interesting article Riordan. Thanks for the link. But he says he doesn't know who won because he wants to learn along with the rest of us what happens. So he might not know of all the injuries that happened after he left either. He seems to have kept his distance a little from finding out what happened. But he must of met Jerri at the ranch. She did not fly home with him as far as we know. So they didn't have time to chat on the plane. So they must of chatted before the final shows. I love anything that points to Jerri getting booted early.

"Injuries"
Posted by Siebured on 03-27-01 at 11:53 AM
I think there will be another injury, how serious is anyone's guess.

I just watched the Letterman interview of Probst again, and Jeffie definitely says 2 people were injured. I don't think he said 2 were removed because of injury, it's hard to tell, but it's likely there'll be another fairly serious accident.

As for Roger's broken collarbone, TYM reported this accident on November 7 -8. IF our timelines are correct, this accident would have happened EP5 or EP6. Since TYM has been known to provide bogus info and because of the timeline, we should probably disregard the broken collarbone spoiler.

Speaking of timelines, the major storm reported by the Herbert River Express said the storm occurred Nov 14th, that should have been in EP8 not EP9. Is it possible that they started shooting on Oct 20th instead of the 23rd? I realize it doesn't matter much, but it's something to keep in mind when we use the weather info.