URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1056
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Not just a woman thing"

Posted by GuyStartingOver on 02-07-06 at 03:19 PM
I'm curious about the fact that the show is almost always about women. Yes, there was the couples boot camp before season 3 started - and that's when I really got hooked on the show. Since then, I have found many ways to relate to the "central truths" of the lessons being taught to the people on the show. It has also made me feel empowered to try to start over.

This is a by-line for all of you who are bashing the show and saying that it isn't what it used to be: I didn't see the first season and I don't know how it used to be, but please stand aside for the people like me who can realize and grasp the concepts that are obviously still being taught. It's been of more than just entertainment value to me.

So why don't they have a season with men? Women aren't the only ones with long-term unhealed scars from the things in their past. Guys have the additional burden of feeling like we have to hide the pain and emotions that, for good or bad, drive certain aspects of our lives. It isn't because we don't have them or because we're emotionally unavailable, but because people tend to think that we aren't manly enough or that we're (*gasp*) gay if we show the slightest hint of an ability to be vulnerable. That's not a gay-bash, by the way. Some of the nicest people I've known are gay. Even though they live that lifestyle, they aren't defined by it. But back to the point: if there is any concern about the future of the show, why not think outside the box and take it in a different direction? Have a season with guys on it.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Locking - duplicate"
Posted by mysticwolf on 02-07-06 at 03:52 PM
I bumped the discussion back to page 1 for you. Here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID91/389.shtml

Sigs by Bob, entirely accurate renditions of nature