URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1054
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dream Job...anyone else watching?"

Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-20-04 at 10:36 AM
I saw the official ep 4 summary by ssshaw below, but I was wondering if anyone else is enjoying the show...

Favorites are Anish and Jason S. I liked the blond kid last week, but he sucked this week. Anish is definitely "the one to beat" if you ask me. He seems to have the look, the voice, and the ability to work on the fly that is needed in a good sportscaster.

Maybe I'm so into this show because my husband could easily be sitting up there with these guys. I think there must be a part of his brain set aside for sports facts/tidbits because he can remember an entire season's worth of NFL players' information (name, position, school, etc.) but he could never memorize stuff for our psych tests in college.

I think aside from the main aspect of the show (finding a new sportscaster), it's also interesting for the viewers at home to get a better idea of what being an anchor on a news/sports show entails...I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who thought these guys just read stats off teleprompters all day long.

I am a huge fan of PTI...I love the debate format and I like the "chemistry" between the two regulars on the show. I really liked the PTI style stuff they had on last nights' show because it shows who really knows their stuff as well as a little more of the guys' personalities.

Anyway...anyone else watching and enjoying it?

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dream Job...anyone else watching?"
Posted by FlamingCactusIT on 10-25-04 at 03:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-04 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

It's a good show and everything, but I think last year's contestants would beat the crap out of this year's contestants. I think the most interesting person on the show is Woody Paige.

Posted by Immunegirl on 10-25-04 at 11:30 PM
I'm a big fan of Dream Job (at least I was last season) but Tuesdays are tough and the moving timeslot doesn't help.

If you hang out a little while longer, you'll find a summary of last week's episode written by yours truly.

It's a Goth.

Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-26-04 at 02:32 PM
Guess I'm wishing I would have seen this (or even heard of it) last season!

Can't wait for your summary, Iggy! I'm a night owl, so the time slot isn't a problem for me - it's remembering it that's difficult!

And Woody Page - oh no! I don't generally like him on Around the Horn (everyone I liked is gone now ) - he just annoys the crap out of me. I like Steven A. Smith as a judge - he doesn't play around and he gives them good information. Al should maybe be a behind the scenes judge because he just looks and sounds silly up there. Kit is okay. Woody Page, it seems, just likes to look like he's the god of all sportscasters (and apparently the god of the English language as well). I am a big stickler for grammar, but come on, Woody. I am pretty sure most of the people at home who will be watching aren't going to care if they slip up and mispronounce a thing or two or use passive voice or something.

I hope Anish wins!

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

Posted by Immunegirl on 10-26-04 at 04:07 PM
Well, the summary is up, even though I don't really like it. I thought my Bachelor summary was bad, but this one is much worse.

Anyway-I liked last season a lot better. They did this great trivia game last year season around this time, which I liked a lot, since it reminded me of Two Minute Drill, one of my favorite ESPN shows. Plus I knew more trivia than the contestants. Overall, I thought they were a little more talented then too.

I'm cheering for Grant. Anish is a good sportscaster too, but I think he is a little more dry than Grant and less of a fit for Sportscenter.

It's a Goth.