URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 105
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tips from the Life Coaches"

Posted by dgibson on 10-19-05 at 12:58 PM
Did anyone notice the good advice that came from IY yesterday (w/ Jill) and Rhonda (today w/ TJ)? IY showed Jill the 3 obstacles to overcoming Self Sabotage 1) Reactionary 2) Laziness 3) Incompletion (giving up 5 minutes before the blessing comes). Today Rhonda encouraged TJ, Effective Communication 1) Other Centered communication 50/50.

Regardless how I feel emotionally about the Life Coaches (which is what the producers want) I do get some good pointers out of the show!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Tips from the Life Coaches"
Posted by Devlynne on 10-20-05 at 03:48 AM
I wrote those down too!

Posted by mylifeisunfolding on 10-20-05 at 08:35 AM
I thought it was great advice as well from both coaches. The assignments at times seem off the wall to me but I try to suspend my judgement until I watch the whole episode. Sometimes I have to watch it a 2nd time for it to sink in. Watching the piece w/Jill and the way Iyanla explained each part was powerful because I realized those are things I need to work on with myself. Since season 3 began I have been questioning some of the tactics used but I have to admit this one was on point and it hit home personally for me.

Posted by Turtle39 on 10-20-05 at 04:42 PM
I hold similar views. Sometimes I don't understand the physicality of the assignment - but usually I get it by the time the assignment is over.
I have taken down many notes as well. I usually tape the show while I am watching it and sometimes I will watch it again if I really want something to sink in.
If your mind is open to what you see, hear and learn - I think that is the main point. Be tolerant and observant and reserve judgment. I try to keep that in mind when I watch the show.

Posted by Busybee on 10-20-05 at 06:04 PM
That is sooo cool! I didn't know anyone else wrote down stuff like I did. I have a little journal with notes that I write down from the show, lol. Usually when you see the ladies writing, that's when I'm writing too! Even though I am not like most ladies on the show, I can benefit from the advice and apply it in my own life, that's what I benefit from the most. I also get to see how they do or don't apply it in their lives and how I can avoid making the same mistakes.
Happy watching/journaling to all!

Posted by Cleverone on 10-20-05 at 06:24 PM

I totally agree with all of you ladies...I tape them and sometimes they get erased so I can tape more, but when I learn a lesson from the show I make a conscious effort to incoporate it into my daily life...I'm sure people around me are probably sick of hearing my SO quotes, but I love the show and have gotten sooo many people to watching it because of the changes they see in me.

"I walk in my own shoes..."