URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID106
Thread Number: 105
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The end of Beauty and the Geek"

Posted by mrc on 05-01-08 at 11:08 AM
I read on tvguide.com that Beauty and the Geek probably will not be back. It has been experiencing declining ratings since they started tweaking the show the last two seasons. (Gee, I wonder why peeps don't like the changes?)

Tribefied

Table of contents
  • RE: The end of Beauty and the Geek,MKitty, 02:34 PM, 05-05-08
    • RE: The end of Beauty and the Geek,CTgirl, 10:47 PM, 05-05-08
  • RE: The end of Beauty and the Geek,Colonel Zoidberg, 01:24 PM, 05-06-08
    • RE: The end of Beauty and the Geek,JoeGazillionaire, 11:49 PM, 09-06-08

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The end of Beauty and the Geek"
Posted by MKitty on 05-05-08 at 02:34 PM
Gee, no real surprise there! They really screwed up the show will all the stupid tweaks and turns...and I really hated the beauty versus the geek at the beginning.

YEs, having a harder time seeing growth this season...but don't hate anyone with as much fury as I hated CeCe a couple of seasons ago!!

*Viced by Agman*

Posted by CTgirl on 05-05-08 at 10:47 PM
Casting CeCe was the beginning of the end for me. LOL, I agree with you on the "hating with fury" Cece! They took a sweet show and turned it into a run-of-the-mill reality competition.

I didn't finish watching last season and didn't even tune in this season. Every once in a while I'd check in here to see what was going on and thought "yup, I'm not missing anything." Guess I'm still not.

By O'Agman

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-06-08 at 01:24 PM
They need to fix the show rather than kill it. I say this as a fan of the show - some things worked and others didn't.

I rather liked Sam and Nicole, so seeing more male beauty/female geek combos might be OK if they're at least entertaining. And fewer vile people - Amber and Randi have about killed this season, and Joe's obnoxious.

It's time to bring back Beauty and the Geek: Classic. This edition is the New Coke.

GO RED WINGS!

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 09-06-08 at 11:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-08 AT 11:57 PM (EST)

They should have kept it simple and realized what made the original so watchable....a sweet show that featured geeks struggling to transform themselves and beauties that are likable. I agree with the CeCe thing....they must really think that nastiness makes for good tv, but the producers failed to recognize the magic of the original. Plus, some of the twists are ridiculous....a male beauty? come on. If they're going to do that just do a separate spin off instead of changing the dynamic of the show and making it confusing. The beauties vs. the Geeks thing was also dumb. They should remember what drew viewers to the first one. Endearing geeks that you root for and female beuaties that the straight male viewers would lust after and like and the female viewers wouldn't hate. Even the geeks in the later seasons were pretty unlikable and I really didn't root for them at all... and what's with the beauties that aren't really beauties. Please no more "male beauties"...that just sounds weird any way. Since when, do you call a guy a "beauty"...he might be a stud...but when you say beauty...you don't really think of a guy. Too bad becuase they're are so few quality reality shows on tv, much less one that has a romantic/human element undertone to it... I was a real fan of the original. I hope they fix it back to the original and just cast better people--more endearing geeks and sweeter better looking beauties.