URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 105
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"May 14 episode - season finale"

Posted by byoffer on 05-14-09 at 10:08 PM
*thud*

That is all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: May 14 episode - season finale"
Posted by byoffer on 05-14-09 at 10:18 PM
Okay, now that the first post is up to protect late viewers, here are my comments from the finale:

- great show.

- Christina and Owen. Loved their interactions. I am liking him more and more, and hoping that he brings Christina back into the forefront of the show

- Mark and Little Grey. They were cute and made me chuckle with their interactions. LOVED the interactions with Mark and the woman from the bus crash.

- Arizona is hot. What a great character for the show. Loved her talking/crying to the chief, and explaining to Callie about her brother.

- I haven't been much of an Izzy fan for a while, but the emotions were high. Alex was great. I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to Catherine Heigl in a swim suit.

- George and the army. Whoa. Didn't see that coming. IMO they haven't given him a good send-off. Making him a hero was great.

So will either of them live? I think Izzy will not, and I think George...can't call it! Maybe because I want him to live!!

- HELP - please explain the 007 reference!!! Driving me nuts!

Very emotional finale. *sigh*

Posted by crs3192 on 05-14-09 at 10:29 PM
Oh my god...this episode...so sad. I cried so much.

I loved that they made George a hero. I will miss him so much if he dies. And I think that 007 is an old nickname they gave him but I'm not sure.

I hate how they always do the same thing where the patient appears to be getting better and then all of a sudden, there are complications. I was so happy when Izzy remembered and then...grr.

I could NOT believe that George enlisted! That was the biggest surprise of the season.

And I love Sloan and Little Grey. "I'm a better woman than you! Great line.

Posted by ohmyheck on 05-14-09 at 11:29 PM
007 is from the pilot. He screwed up the first surgery and alex gave him the name 007 - License to Kill.

That being said, this was a great episode. I seriously hate cliffhangers.

Posted by byoffer on 05-15-09 at 09:18 AM
Thank you thank you thank you.

Although I must admit that I am pissed at the writers for using an obscure reference from the pilot for what to me was a very important moment in the show. Have they ever referenced this since the pilot???

Does anyone like cliffhangers? The writers certainly did their part in making us anxious for the next season.

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 05-15-09 at 06:19 PM
I think they've used 007 to refer to George several times over the seasons. Most recently in the episode about the first solo surgery. Alex tells O'Malley that Christina isn't going to pick a 007.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-15-09 at 10:14 AM
I was surprised that I figured that was George. I can't believe nobody recognized his hands!!!

Bailey's breakdown previews were quite a misdirection for me.

Thought the Meredith/Derrick vow thing was corny, but it fits them...corny.

All other storylines were much better, setting up some great strong characters for next season.

Poor Korev will have to live with the idea that Izzie remembered what he said. Been there, done that. Very haunting, even after 16 years.

Posted by mrc on 05-15-09 at 10:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-09 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

When the bus girl said, "hero," I stopped the DVR and told DW that the guy was George.

A Slice of Manga

Posted by MKitty on 05-15-09 at 11:17 AM
Yup, I said the same thing to my DH. I knew it was going to be George. I think both of them will die...as they are both leaving the show.

I liked the show last night...and am at peace with both Izzy (whom I hate anyway) and George (whom I like, usually) leaving...so killing them off seems to be in order

Tribe manga'd my mug

Posted by DoodleBug on 05-15-09 at 01:48 PM
Great episode. I knew it was George when he looked at Mer after she drilled his head. I could tell by his eyes.

I think the 007 reference has been used since the pilot.

LOVE Arizona!! I thought she was awesome (to use her word). Both her crying to Chief (I do that too) and explaining about her brother.

I was getting frustrated with Korev, but I always get that way with his character.

Loved Hunt and Yang.

I knew Mer and Derrick wouldn't get married this season....

I think Izzy will live and George will die a hero.

Posted by Glow on 05-20-09 at 12:11 PM
I Alex!

Posted by DRONES on 05-25-09 at 06:04 AM
Catherine Heigl is suppose to be leaving the show...Isn't she? I'm a huge fan of her, the actress, and what they've done with her character on this show has been maddening. Enough Denny already. I'll watch the first few eps of next season to see her death and then I'm saying goodbye to this show.

George's character has been twisting in the wind for a while now and so this turn of events for him was shocking. I've never been a big fan of his character.

Mer and Der....where else can they go with their characters. At this point I just don't care anymore.

I like Sandra Oh and she deserves so much better than this show is giving her.

I miss Isaiah Washingtons' character on this show as well as Kate Walshs' character.

DRONES