URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1049
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Well, at least we figured out who the men are enemies for."

Posted by Estee on 06-29-07 at 07:17 AM
The women. Every woman in the world, everywhere, at any time, but especially in a social setting, and most especially in social settings involving alcohol and the vague, unfilled hope of finding no-committment sex. Take a look at them. Half the group falls into the slapterrupt category, which is what you call the guys who never get past the first three words in any sentence. 'Hey, you wanna --' *!slap!* And that's just on general principles, because you know what they're going to say next and there's no need to actually hear it.

And the other half? Well, with the enemies theme established, it looks like we're dividing the crew into bullies and geeks. Now, geeks really aren't enemies for women, unless they're stumbling, fumbling, is-that-my-hand?, no comprehension of the social graces geeks. And this group looks like they can collectively locate a bar of soap (eventually), so the truly hopeless cases have been left out. But given the female cast, they're still going to stumble over their words and do the oh-so-cute 'but I kind of like you...' bit while praying that the show somehow moves to the WB. There's an absolute limit to how much of this most people can take, but at least their intentions stand a chance of being semi-good. Unlike the slapterrupts, who will never call anyone in the morning, which is going to be a problem when you live in the same house.

Of course, there is one thing that might save this season's females. The bullies will spending a lot of time holding the geeks' heads in the toilet. Maybe they'll forget there's women there...

...no, wait -- they think that's a form of flirting...

I hate to say it, but I can't wait for the first one-night-only hookup. 'I've got to get out of here before she wakes up and wants a relationship! Just sneak out of the bed, then down the stairs, out the front doors, and I'm home free -- what do you mean, 'self-elimination'?'

And bash away, bash away, bash away all.
http://tinyurl.com/27pzz4

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Well, at least we figured out who the men are enemies for."
Posted by kingfish on 07-06-07 at 12:18 PM
Hey, the "fumbling, is-that-my-hand?," approach was my thing!

Oh well, another 'best move' shot down.