URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1029
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How binding are verbal agreements made on national TV?"

Posted by fedcamper on 09-09-06 at 07:50 AM
I have perked up slightly from my deep depression over the final 2 to contemplate this for a minute: Boogie and Will agreed to split the pot - if Boogie wins, Will wins, although Boogie was no doubt assuming he would be feeding off Will's victory spoils & he might begin to feel a little reluctant to part with a quarter of a million bucks when the time comes. That would be one sweet lawsuit to read about six months from now! But, throw into the mix the fact that Chilltown promised to split the money with Janelle. (Remember the banana bread?)
Does anyone know if she has leg to stand on legally since there are a few million witnesses and a videotape to support her claims if she tries to collect? That's a jury I would LOVE to be on! The hamsters may have gone too far on this one!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How binding are verbal agreements made on national TV?"
Posted by maryellennaco on 09-09-06 at 08:15 AM
That's a great question. You're right about Boogie thinking he'd be sharing WILL's money, as opposed to the other way around. I would think Will would have a better shot at it if there were a lawsuit of some kind. Janelle is probably out of gas in that department. Maybe not.
This might be a question for a smart California attorney.....

Posted by Buggy on 09-09-06 at 09:21 AM
Maybe I misunderstood, but didn't they also promise Erika a cut?

And wasn't it a final 3 deal?

So Boogie wins and has to split the money with Janelle and Erika?

Posted by nazpink on 09-09-06 at 11:16 AM
I could have sworn, and this may just be the rules for Survivor, that no one is even alowed to make deals to split the money? Something about it taking away from the game, but I don't know. If this is true than not only would Will, Janelle or Erika get the cut but neither would Boogie. Secondly, considering the aspect of the game and all the deceit, I don't even know if this verbal agreement would even be taken seriously but I'm also not a lawyer.

Posted by Snidget on 09-09-06 at 11:25 AM
I believe I read on here somewhere that they altered the rules to allow prize sharing this season. It may be a one season only deal.

Posted by okaychatt on 09-09-06 at 07:56 PM
<It may be a one season only deal

I hope so. That shouldn't be an option.

Hmmmmmmmmmm - I wonder if that was one of Will's terms, in addition to including Boogie?

I can't remember - was Boogie voted in or given a slot by CBS?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by Snidget on 09-09-06 at 08:11 PM
I thought Boogie was producers choice.