URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1025
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 7, Episode 2 ... TAR Fans, It's Time to Vote!"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-07-05 at 06:30 AM
Welcome, everyone, to another season of TAR!

The purpose of this thread is to tell us who you think will be eliminated in this week’s episode.

I'll be keeping a weekly tally to see how we all do as a team in terms of predicting the bootee. Let's do Reality TV World proud this season! Team TARsucks Spoilers, last week we missed on our consensus pick of Megan/Heidi but did come close as they were second last and our alternate pick of Ryan/Chuck did get booted. For that, I'll give us a 0-1-0-1 record (a loss with a point for alternate pick).

The Rules

1. Please put the name of your choice for this week's bootee IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is really easy. Just erase the bit where it says "Re: TAR 7, Episode 2 ... TAR Fans, It's Time to Vote!" and replace with your vote, i.e., Freddy/Kendra. This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're REALLY obvious without actually reading your vote, so please save the nicknames for inside your post and only use their proper names in the subject header.

Please note that those who do not bother to put contestant names in the subject heading will likely not have their vote counted because it’s time-consuming to go through every post and count the vote in there.

2. If you feel there will be a Non-Elimination at the pit stop, put down "Non-Elimination" in the subject header.

3. Reply ONLY to this post! Curves on women are good. Curves on vote threads are bad.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 3! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you want to change your vote for whatever reason, REPLY TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST! Your new post heading should read "VOTE CHANGE: Adam/Rebecca (or Whoever)".

4. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers/Speculation Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please. Feel free, though, to explain the reasoning behind your vote, predict who will finish first, get yielded, Fast Forwards, etc.

5. Have fun!

THE TEAMS:

Brian/Greg (Brothers)
Debbie/Bianca (Lifelong Friends)
Lynn/Alex (Boyfriends)
Megan/Heidi (Roommates)
Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple)
Ray/Deana (Dating On-and-Off)
Rob/Amber (Engaged)
Ron/Kelly (Dating)
Susan/Patrick (Mother/Son)
Uchenna/Joyce (Married)

ELIMINATED:
Ryan/Chuck (Best Friends) - Episode 1

Scratch and sniff

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-05 at 09:45 AM
They got lucky in ep one with leading the llamas....I think their luck will run out...."Dog-gone it!"

If it's not them I'd LOVE TO SEE the two biotches fall straight down, Debbie/Bianca.

"RE:Vote Change: Lynn/Alex"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-08-05 at 08:46 AM
Vote change here! Lynn/Alex bite the bullet. I think I did not vote for them at first as I simply did not want them to go! They are SO entertaining! But I agree, the editing, their feature in the previews, and then the eyemail.....BUMMER!

"Ron and Kelly"
Posted by Pensha26 on 03-07-05 at 09:57 AM
I do not think that have the strength to get through the competition.

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by weecama on 03-07-05 at 12:20 PM
Meredith/Gretchen , no clue just as good a guess as any . Second choice Deb n Bianca first to last.
~puddin~

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by wendyp on 03-07-05 at 02:42 PM
Not sure ~ want to say the barbies, but think they will latch on to the brothers for atleast one episode.

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by Bebo on 03-07-05 at 03:04 PM
I'd like to be wrong (please go away, Ron & Kelly), but usually it's someone we see in the previews...especially early, when we're still trying to figure out who the hell most of these folks are anyway.

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by ARnutz on 03-07-05 at 03:07 PM
I don't know don't ask me why. Just a hunch.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

"Megan/Heidi"
Posted by Scuba Steve on 03-07-05 at 04:41 PM
No brains = no chance

"Megan/Heidi"
Posted by dragonflies on 03-07-05 at 05:00 PM

"Meredith /Gretchen"
Posted by memyselfandi on 03-07-05 at 07:20 PM
back-up Megan/Heidi

"Ron/Kelly"
Posted by GameOver3 on 03-07-05 at 08:17 PM
Piss poor racers in Leg 1, looking for handouts from everyone to lead them, they are even dumber than Team Paris/Nicole.

Backup: Team Paris/Nicole(Megan/Heidi)

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by VA Slim on 03-07-05 at 09:19 PM
AARP stikes again!

"Megan/Heidi"
Posted by dabo on 03-08-05 at 02:27 AM

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 03-08-05 at 05:22 AM
Man it's too bad they won't be around to entertain us longer.

Editing is screaming that it is these two. The eye mail seals the deal.

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by Loree on 03-08-05 at 08:48 AM
They are one of the teams I actually know the names for.

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by callasin on 03-08-05 at 09:53 AM
I hope I'm wrong because they are so entertaining.

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by Jims02 on 03-08-05 at 11:01 AM
...I couldn't possibly go 2 for 2 this season, could I?

1. Phil's comment in the TV Guide article makes be believe Lynn/Alex are safe for now:

"Boyfriends Lynn and Alex are one of the funniest teams we've ever had on the show," Keoghan continues. "I thoroughly enjoyed talking to them each time they came onto the mat and I think they're going to be hot favorites on the show."

I think they have to stick around 4 episodes before they could become "hot" favorites... Also, Phil probably welcomed them to the mat more than once, right?

2. Phil also hypes UTR team Uchenna/Joyce, which is interesting. They probably stick around.

3. He also mentions Ron/Kelly (because Ron was a POW) and Susan/Patrick (first mother/son team). I don't put as much stock into these quotes because they don't really imply longevity.

4. We still have SuperGrass' spoiler, saying that Megan/Heidi, Susan/Patrick, Ron/Kelly, and Uchenna/Joyce show up in Japan. It's a sketchy spoiler, especially since they were named, but it helped me nail the Ryan/Chuck boot, so I'll keep playing along.

5. We didn't get any "Meredith/Gretchen are so inspiring" kind of stuff from Phil. Usually he at least praises the token old team. Maybe they don't stick around very long?

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

"Meredith/Gretchen."
Posted by Estee on 03-08-05 at 12:48 PM
When in doubt, always go with Team Doomed.

"Ray/Deana "
Posted by banzai on 03-08-05 at 12:59 PM
sooner or later

"Megan/Heidi"
Posted by Gerbees on 03-08-05 at 02:49 PM
Gerbees

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by volsfan on 03-08-05 at 03:30 PM

"Lynn/Alex "
Posted by strid333 on 03-08-05 at 03:48 PM
I wish it were Romber, though.

"Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple) "
Posted by gatortod on 03-08-05 at 04:35 PM
They act old

"RE:Lynn/Alex (boyfriends)"
Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 03-08-05 at 05:02 PM
they got a lot of airtime last week and they seem to have a meltdown this week Im never right but what the heck this is just for fun right?

"Meredith/Gretchen"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-08-05 at 05:03 PM
I'm really on the fence between Lynn/Alex and Meredith/Gretchen here. Like others have said, the editing of the preview practically screams "trouble" for Lynn/Alex ... however, like Jims said, there's the quote from Manboobs Phil where he says "I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them each time they came to the mat."

While I acknowledge that "each time" could mean the two times they came, I think it's more indicative that they make several visits to the mat before being eliminated.

And I'm hearing no peep at all about Meredith/Gretchen, so that suggests to me that they weren't long for the game -- especially since they had a whole bunch of hilarious lines in the opening episode. If they had been around longer, wouldn't Phil maybe comment something about their humour? Hrmmm.

I'm gonna go with Meredith/Gretchen as my eliminees tonight with Lynn/Alex a strong second choice.

Scratch and sniff

"Lynn/Alex"
Posted by kary1371 on 03-08-05 at 06:08 PM
Alternate : Meredith/Gretchen

If I could have my way ? Megan/Heidi, Team Barbie!!?!?!?!

"Megan/Heidi (Roommates)"
Posted by msbuni30 on 03-08-05 at 06:21 PM
My alternates will be: Meredith/Gretchen (Retired Couple)

"Meredith/Gretchen "
Posted by moonbaby on 03-08-05 at 07:51 PM
I'll call that stumble a sign of things to come. Merry and Gretchen go back to Bag End.

"Vote Tally #1"
Posted by IceCat on 03-08-05 at 08:05 PM
This post 29: 27 votes, 1 vote change, 1 vote tally.

10 Meredith/Gretchen
09 Lynn/Alex
05 Megan/Heidi
02 Ron/Kelly
01 Ray/Deana
00 Rob/Amber
00 Susan/Patrick
00 Uchenna/Joyce
00 Brian/Greg
00 Debbie/Bianca
27 TOTAL

It's a toss-up between Meredith/Gretchen and Lynn/Alex.