URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1022
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Maria the Blinker"

Posted by ilike2spike on 11-19-04 at 10:54 AM
I am so glad that Maria is off the show. She always wanted the responsibility and never delivered, and then dished the responsibility to everyone else. If anyone believed her little crying fit- than they are niave. It also drove me nuts to watch her blink 4 times every 5 seconds. Good ridance!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Maria the Blinker"
Posted by kindergentler on 11-19-04 at 11:28 AM
She was blinking because she was trying to sell her lie.

Posted by freakusmaximus on 11-19-04 at 04:05 PM
her blinking drove me NUTS
what do you think it was? a nervous tick or dry eyes?

Posted by photokitty on 11-19-04 at 08:22 PM
>her blinking drove me NUTS
>what do you think it was?
> a nervous tick or
>dry eyes?

I say NERVOUS TICK! Remember that the minute she went on camera in the infomercial she went into blink mode? So, it's not just about confrontation or lying.

When this season started, I thought she might be the one to beat. That ended fairly early, when it became obvious that she is a WEASEL. She should have been fired way before now.

Posted by bookwom on 11-19-04 at 10:11 PM
Why hasn't anyone else noticed this? It's so obvious. Maria is a foreign spy, and she it sending the enemy top secret information by blinking in Morse Code!

Posted by reality_gal on 11-19-04 at 11:27 PM
lol actually she is a witch but instead of a wand she blinks to cast her spell but as it turns out the blinkin power ran out!!

Posted by freakusmaximus on 11-23-04 at 12:52 PM
yeah I kind of agree with you that its a nervous tick- she seems like the type who doesnt eat, doenst sleep and is a bundle of nerveous energy

Posted by kindergentler on 11-19-04 at 07:15 PM
She has a case of being an above average Bull sh!!!er.

"Maria's G.O.N.E."
Posted by jae on 11-19-04 at 10:00 PM
YAY!

Posted by okaychatt on 11-20-04 at 12:08 PM
<She has a case of being an above average Bull sh!!!er.

So true, but her smug, self-centered delivery clued me in first thing. It's hard to believe DT bought her act. He was just biding his time until the opportunity to humiliate her by stuffing her and her bags into a cab with one of her own much-hated team members.

I love it when the punishment fits the crime.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by cbjusmc on 11-20-04 at 03:25 PM
><She has a case of being
>an above average Bull sh!!!er.
>
>
>So true, but her smug, self-centered
>delivery clued me in first
>thing. It's hard to
>believe DT bought her act.
> He was just biding
>his time until the opportunity
>to humiliate her by stuffing
>her and her bags into
>a cab with one of
>her own much-hated team members.
>
>
>I love it when the punishment
>fits the crime.
>
So true. Elizabeth was responsible for getting Stacie J. fired gangland style (her AND Maria...who brought up the fact why Stacie J was there) and the way she got fired was similar in that she was also fired in front of the whole team. Maria was fired without question and with the guy who let her walk all over her. It would be great to see some of the fired people return again just to get rid of Ivana. She's the last one that just NEEDS to be fired. While I'll admit that she did a great job on this particular task, it was "too little, too late".

Posted by glitz on 11-22-04 at 07:44 PM
What do you have against Ivana I want her to be in the finals, she probably won't win just because of her name though, but she is brilliant.

"Wes and Maria"
Posted by What on 11-21-04 at 03:43 AM
sharing a cab ride home, priceless.

"RE: Wes and Maria"
Posted by commentator on 11-22-04 at 01:16 PM
The cab scene was hilarious. They were like an old married couple. They can't stand each other, but they put up with each other for the sake of the free cab ride (or sham of a marriage). As the man, Wes calmly tried to rationalize what happened while Maria, like a typical woman, disagreeably pursed her lips and put in her nasty two cents here and there to yet again make a mockery of her man. The part where Wes says it would've been nice if he had his own cab and didn't have to share was just too funny. You can't help thinking that they deserve each other, and isn't this true for most unhappily married people?

Posted by Alag on 11-19-04 at 11:15 PM
Having just seen yesterday's episode, all I can say is:

"Give me bitchy or give me death." BWAHHHH!!! Looks like we chose death, Maria.

Posted by Singsing on 11-20-04 at 12:02 PM
But I think she was really hot. She should let her hair grow. Too short IMO. Female hair should be kept long just for the sake of feminity. It's macho, right?

Posted by Alag on 11-20-04 at 08:33 PM
>But I think she was really
>hot. She should let her
>hair grow. Too short IMO.
>Female hair should be kept
>long just for the sake
>of feminity. It's macho, right?
>

???

As much as I loathe Maria, she is a very good-looking woman and the short hair works on her because of her bone structure. Halle Berry, Winona Ryder, Sharon Stone, they all look great with super short hair and are all extremely feminine.

Posted by frodo2 on 11-21-04 at 11:42 AM
short hair is butch. Look, if you're going to cut your hair short, at least get married first so that you'll have a ring. It forces a guy to wonder if you're gay and waste time with silly lifestyle questions instead of going for the jugular and asking you out.

"well I don't want to be asked out!"

ok, but do you think you won't want to be asked out for the time it takes for your hair to grow back?

Posted by rtrader on 11-23-04 at 02:42 PM
short hair is butch. Look, if you're going to cut your hair short, at least get married first so that you'll have a ring.
Lucky for her, she is married. I also think the short hair works for her because of her facial bone structure. She could probably pull off long hair, but she's pretty as she is.

Still can't stand her for all of the reasons stated here and on the other threads, but she is an attractive woman nonetheless.

Posted by trigirl on 11-24-04 at 09:00 AM
short hair is butch. Look, if you're going to cut your hair short, at least get married first so that you'll have a ring.

Is that how it worked with you and your cousin husband?

Posted by photokitty on 11-21-04 at 03:17 AM
So glad Blinky is gone!!!

Yet, she is beautiful, albeit only on the outside. The short hair is tres chic...

"RE: Maria the Blinker, Stacy the Stinker"
Posted by What on 11-21-04 at 03:40 AM
Maybe that's her physical symptom of lying? Breaking in new contacts? Fighting the tears of stress? Exhaustion? The 'blinding lights' of NY City? Morse code?

Maria handled herself badly, but Sandy was no better in handling herself. Neither can work well within a group unless they are in charge. Sandy is the gossipy type to go around the office and slingshit until the office politics are flaming. Who wants to work with somethin' like that?

It's one thing to warn someone of impending doom, however, it's quite another to manipulate people with false advertising.

Posted by jae on 11-22-04 at 07:39 AM
Maria is hateful. She's a compulsive liar, she never takes responsibility, she's arrogant, unable to work with anyone, doesn't even know what she's good at, has a terrible personality, fugly beyonds words, walks like a praying mantis and is nasty to everyone.

Other than that, I thought she was great.