URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 102
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"24 -- Ep. 5.19 -- 1-2 AM"

Posted by AyaK on 04-21-06 at 11:23 AM
To start us off, here's the episode description from TV Guide's highlights page for this week:

24: Fox 9/8c
Audrey could be in for more heartache, our man Curtis gets to be a hero, and President Two-Face expreiences more trouble with the Mrs. over Palmergate. What about Jack, you ask? He's still chasing the tape that could end a presidency faster than a blue dress.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 24 -- Ep. 5.19 -- 1-2 AM"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-24-06 at 08:59 AM
For someone that has knowingly allowed hundreds of people to die in a day, I somehow dont think Logan will have the balls to kill his own wife. I know in the previews he mentions that she's been taken care of but I dont buy it and beleive that somehow it will come back to bite him in the #####.

I'm still worried about Aaron though. What happened to him? Why was his cell phone left for her to find. Tonight should be an interesting episode.

I got your back Jack....by Arkie

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-24-06 at 03:35 PM
I have a problem with the "our man Curtis" statement. If the powers that be thinks Curtis has taken the "our man" role that Tony's demise left vacant, they are sadly mistaken. Curtis is no Tony! sniff

yes, I'm still in mourning, so sue me

Posted by J Slice on 04-24-06 at 08:40 PM
Meh-

Curtis = teh hot.

RIP Edgar

Posted by Tahj on 04-25-06 at 10:47 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure Carlos will be getting his own series soon.

Moves courtesy of Syren

"Episode 5.21 preview"
Posted by AyaK on 04-24-06 at 07:26 PM
For those of you curious about the direction of CTU in this struggle between Bauer and Logan, I advise checking out the Fox press release for Episode 5.21 (which I picked up from The Futon Critic just now).

Note the appearance of a new character in that description, too: Graham, played by Paul McCrane (aka Dr. Romano from ER).

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-24-06 at 11:31 PM
Grrr, due to the many tornadoes around us tonight I only got to see the last 20 minutes.

Is Senator Heller really dead?

Slicey, you and I will never have to fight over Curtis, I hand him to you on a platter. My heart belongs to a dead man, sniff

Posted by J Slice on 04-25-06 at 06:07 AM
Well, my heart belongs to the dead president Palmer... so I suppose we're both miserable.

Wait, that sucks!

Let's go Mets!

Posted by Breezy on 04-25-06 at 09:35 AM
I'm holding out that Heller cracked the window before he hit the water, so he can escape the sinking car and swim to shore. *crosses fingers*

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by sittem on 04-25-06 at 10:04 AM
Well, if Abruzzi (crossthreading) can survive a slit throat I suppose anything is possible. But, it seems pretty unlikely to me that Heller would even survive the trauma of the impact much less managing to get out of the car alive. But, nothing is impossible on 24.

I noticed IRL that Jean Smart is taller than Greg Itzin. I think Martha can physically overpower Charles. I'm not worried about her and expect she'll help assist his downfall.

I will say it's creepy for me to think of Leland Palmer (Twin Peaks) as the new President after Logan is taken down.

Chloe was funny ordering Buchanon around in his house.

I'm looking forward to the explanation of who Graham and his conspirators are and how it fits into what happened 18 months ago. Ayak - can you help out here? I don't have time for the research or the insight of understanding!

Agent Pierce - please come back!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

"Last night..."
Posted by AyaK on 04-25-06 at 12:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

...was our first sighting of Graham and the other members of the "four wise men" (as Czar dubbed them in the spoiler thread) and the first mention of the plot that was started 18 months before.

No idea how this all ties together ... yet.

Here's what Czar said in his teaser:

our source in Alexandria has been hearing chatter about “four wise men”. These men are referred to as masterminds and one intercept referred to them as the puppet masters. But who could these four men be controlling?

Obviously they're controlling Logan. But we don't know the ultimate plan yet.

"RE: Last night..."
Posted by AugustGirl on 04-25-06 at 02:01 PM
and the first mention of the plot that was started 18 months before.

In the 24 timeline, what happened 18 months ago? Was that when Air Force One was shot down, or was that earlier? Anyone know of a timeline out there for 24, like there is for Lost?

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

"18 months"
Posted by AyaK on 04-25-06 at 06:19 PM
Yes, the gap between Season 4 and Season 5 is 18 months, so the 18 months could be a reference to the shooting-down of Air Force One in Season 4.

But how do Graham and his pals fit into the Season 4 story line?

My thought was simply that the 18 months referred to the amount of time that their puppet Logan had been in the White House. But I agree that Czar's wording seems to imply that the wise men played a role in Season 4's events.

Overall timeline:

Season 1 to Season 2 is 18 months; the opening slide of Season 2 says "Eighteen months later".
Season 2 to Season 3 would have to be about 3 years, since Palmer was in the middle of re-election debates (October?), and he was just running for the nomination in Season 1 (set on the date of the California presidential primary, which was held in March at that time).
Thus, Season 1 to Season 3 would be about 4.5 years.
Season 3 to Season 4 was about 18 months, according to the prequel.
Season 4 to Season 5 was 18 months, as noted above.

Thus, Season 1 to Season 5 is about 7.5 years.

"RE: 18 months"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-26-06 at 09:51 AM
7.5 years and nobody has managed to kill off Kim yet. Sigh.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

"RE: 18 months"
Posted by sica077 on 04-26-06 at 12:12 PM
*Laughs out loud*

My thoughts exactly!

Posted by weltek on 04-25-06 at 12:44 PM
Heller made the decision VERY quickly, thus I bet he knew how to escape from a sinking vehicle. Maybe he watched the tv show about what to do in deadly situations. Or maybe it is part of the Cabinet Boot Camp course.

Posted by bystander on 04-25-06 at 11:33 AM
I was relieved that someone finally took Audrey to get some help. Tourniquets don't keep ya goin' like the energizer bunny forever ya know.

I can't wait to see what Martha has in store for Charles.

Posted by weltek on 04-25-06 at 12:48 PM
Can I start my Martha for President campaign?

Posted by bystander on 04-25-06 at 01:50 PM
I'm with ya Weltek. Can't wait for her to open up a can of WhoopA$$! on WeenerMan.

Also, I'm a big fan of Audrey this season.

Posted by AugustGirl on 04-25-06 at 02:02 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I have really warmed up to Audrey these last few episodes. She is showing a real spine.

Posted by sittem on 04-25-06 at 04:09 PM
"She is showing a real spine"....except with the gun pointing at Henderson. Of course, in my real world it takes more spine to not pull the trigger than to just off someone! I was hoping she wouldn't do it.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by Emily RugBurn on 04-25-06 at 04:56 PM
Is it wrong that I was more upset about Audrey's beautiful coat being ruined (by blood) than I was about her arm/life?

... I'm pretty sure the answer's "Yes. Yes, that's wrong." but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Seriously, what a gorgeous white coat she's wearing. Totally my style. Why can't I ever find a coat like that in stores?! (And she goes and ruins hers! Yeesh!)

~ EmRB

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Incessant Ramblings of a Cyber-delic Hippy

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-25-06 at 10:29 PM
No. It isn't wrong.
But only because I thought the exact same thing.

I've been told that it's Dolce and Gabbana, but I'm not sure. Maybe that's why we can't find them in our stores. Unless you frequently shop at D&G, I suppose.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

Posted by J Slice on 04-25-06 at 05:34 PM
This is par for the course, but Buchanan looked delicious last night.

RIP Edgar

Posted by motormouth on 04-25-06 at 08:37 PM
Oh yes, Buchanan did look delicious!

A PhoenixMons Original

Posted by trigirl on 04-25-06 at 07:59 PM
Was Wade Palmer having a nap at Bill Buchanan's house?

Where's Aaron?!?!

Posted by sica077 on 04-25-06 at 08:28 PM
Here I am, new to the 24 board, and I have been watching since the very beginning! I love Jack (as I am sure everyone does), I miss miss miss Tony (he was Jack's reliable partner in crime!!!) and Pres. Palmer (the only really trustworthy one connected to the office), and WHERE THE HELL is Aaron?!?! He better be okay because after all the killing off of good people this season I would be wayyy too sad if he was gone too. With out Palmer, he is the only reliable person with some sort of intuition connected to the White House now. *Sniffle*

Posted by Fishercat on 04-25-06 at 08:50 PM
I get the feeling that Aaron isn't gone...

Posted by tvgeek401 on 04-25-06 at 10:34 PM
Me, too.

I think that if they had killed him off, it would have been shown. They can't just leave the viewers wondering, can they?

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

Posted by sica077 on 04-25-06 at 10:40 PM
I agree, and I feel the same way about Heller...

I am crossing my fingers for Aaron...besides Jack, he was Palmer's right hand confidante during the whole "mentally unfit" scandal of season 2. And I was devoted to Palmer, so...