URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID78
Thread Number: 102
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season 1 DVD"

Posted by greeneyes on 09-23-05 at 02:54 PM
Anybody buy it yet? Just curious if it had any additional scenes or good information on some of the mysteries that are still on going.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season 1 DVD"
Posted by Rhyn on 09-23-05 at 05:52 PM
I wasn't going to, but broke down and picked it up today. I haven't watched it yet, but as far as I can tell, there isn't any "bonus stuff" disc.

It's set up just like the Lost set, with two DVDs overlapping one another on each panel of the fold-out box, which has a clear plastic/printed sleeve, too (also just like the Lost set). There are only 6 discs, and all of them are labeled as "episode discs" so I assume the bonus footage is after the finale on the sixth disc.

(According to the package, there are a few little documentaries about the making of and behind-the-scenes stuff, and it says there are deleted scenes, and also "unrated extended episodes." There's also "much more dirty laundry.")

That said, there are 23 episodes split onto the six DVDs. The first five have four episodes each, and run about 173 minutes (which is 43 minutes per episode). The last disc has 3 episodes and a running time of 130 minutes (also 43 minutes an episode) so unless they didn't include the bonus footage in the run time of any of the discs... I have no idea where it all is. (Which is why I haven't put it in the player yet. I want to see the bonus stuff, and don't want to have to fool around looking for it.)

There's a paper in the front flap of the package that gives synopses of each episode by disc, but it says nothing about the bonus stuff.

I'll look at it later tonight.

"Significant spoilers on DVD, will hide text"
Posted by Rhyn on 09-23-05 at 09:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-05 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

Wow. There was a section on the DVD called "Everybody has a secret" or something to that effect, and it's about production secret (Teri Hatch was really nude in that one scene, and other little things like that), then writers' secrets, and that's where all the good stuff was.

Marc Cherry walks into the writers' room and says, Let's see what you've got here. Then they show some post-its stuck to a whiteboard (which is where I paused and took some notes) and then said, "Well, you failed." Then they hashed out some of Bree's story lines, mostly from the first episode, but they are setting up her arc for the season, and there's a lot of good stuff. Not sure what they will end up doing, but here's what they talked about:

There were 6 post-its:

That's when Cherry said they "failed" and went off talking about other possible plot points for Bree. And they were:

Then there were a few tidbits about Alfree Woodard's character. Her name will be Betty Applewhite or Applethwaite. She calls herself the creepy mystery, and they showed a tiny clip over soundbites from her and Marc Cherry insisting that they won't talk about "her secret." The only thing they really mention is that Angela was shocked when she foudnn out what her secret was, and that she had already shot some scenes before they told her. Not sure if she still would have done the show, she seemed rather creeped out by it. She says only, "I pull back this metal bolt lock (and we see a metal dungeon-esque door), and set down this tray (we see a gorgeously appointed silver tray with, I think, a red rose even) and then she says something to whomever is in the room, and then she leaves. That's all they showed.

And that's it.

"RE: Significant spoilers on DVD, will hide text"
Posted by shabalaba on 09-23-05 at 11:12 PM
EXCELLENT spoilers Rhyn, thanks for sharing. I for one, can NOT wait for the new season to start! Did anyone find out yet about the bonus footage mentioned in the earlier post, if in fact there was any?