URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID63
Thread Number: 101
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"So a white girl had to win this time right?"

Posted by tanyasmith on 12-07-05 at 09:09 PM
Tyra is such a fake and a fraud, I can't stand her!
Last time I watch this stupid show!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: So a white girl had to win this time right?"
Posted by ynell1 on 12-07-05 at 09:18 PM
I agree totally with you. I am so upset and will not watch that show again.

"RE: So a white girl had to win this time right?"
Posted by flower2 on 12-07-05 at 09:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-05 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

I hope you're wrong about the reason Nicole won. I would like to believe the judges really thought she was best. (I happen to think they're wrong!) It would be difficult to disagree with the sponsors. They selected Nicole as their winner in the earlier Covergirl competition. How realistic would it have been to have someone else win the overall competition now? Covergirl would have appeared foolish. Either they would have or Tyra would have when she would be forced to find another sponsor next season.

We have to remember, this is a business. The sponsors want to make money. I would guess that more Caucasian women buy Covergirl. The first African American woman to really endorse it has been Queen Latifah--and that's just recently.

Is there some merit to your inquiry? Maybe. Tyra may have been forced to answer some difficult questions if an African American girl won for the third time in a row. Additionally, the person asking the question is also justified in wondering if something's up that only African American women continue to win.

The girls all got great exposure and should hopefully be able to turn it into great careers.