URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 1005
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""Presenting the fabulous new "Dream Team" deck chair arrangement on the Karaoke Titanic™""

Posted by Estee on 09-03-13 at 01:40 PM
That's right: we've got a complete judging panel in place, just in time for the audition callbacks. We've also got a snazzy thread title from Grantland's Mark Lisanti, which was so appropriate that I actually used the word 'snazzy'. And we have a Fair Use from Kevin Reilly of FOX to give you the lineup. Ready?

No. No, you are not.

"American Idol has always been about discovering the next singing superstar, and next season our judging panel will deliver a most impressive combination of talent, wisdom and personality to do just that. Jennifer Lopez, the triple-threat global superstar who loves Idol and whom Idol fans love; Harry Connick, Jr., a bona-fide musical genius and fantastic Idol mentor whose honesty and expertise can help turn these hopefuls into stars; Keith Urban, a multi-Grammy-winning artist who was such a positive force on the show last season. We are also very excited to have our friend Randy Jackson now in a new role as mentor, and the captain of our team — the heart and soul of Idol — Ryan Seacrest returning as host."

The short form of this is 'We're @#$%ed.'

The long form is the same, only more verbose.

Obviously there's no end to Randroach's blackmail material. (Mark's theory is that he just kept showing up for work.) Jennifer didn't work the first time. Keith -- showed up. A lot. And Harry... Harry is a chance to watch The Corruption at work. He was one of the very few honest mentors, giving contestants true advice which the show immediately did its best to subvert. He even called everyone on 'pitchy'. How long will it take him to lose those qualities under the pressure of the network paycheck? I give him three weeks.

The full Grantland article: http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/85950/meet-your-new-american-idol-judging-dream-team-hey-wait-come-back-here-this-is-important

I sense a further ratings crash coming on.

I'd go to FHags to see how the Worster remnants are taking this, but I think I can hear the laughter from here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion