URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 1002
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother"

Posted by lboatw on 09-01-06 at 09:56 AM
As of today I will no longer watch bb. Let me tell you why.
What ever happened to letting the people choose who stays & who goes. Only Eddie from the first bb deserving of a true winner. All you do is teach people how to be liars & cons for the greed of money. I have watched every season & all the good guys loose.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother"
Posted by Estee on 09-01-06 at 09:59 AM
What ever happened to letting the people choose who stays & who goes.

It was declared to be fundamentally UnAmerican and deported overseas.

Seriously. The international versions of Big Brother still conduct their eliminations through public vote. The U.S. version seems to be the only one operating under a houseguest voting system.

Posted by Snidget on 09-01-06 at 10:06 AM
Yep, from what I understand people in other countries vote out the boring hamsters and keep the ones that cause trouble.

We are the only people that vote to keep the boring. On Big Bother and elected to office.

"exactly"
Posted by shakes the clown on 09-01-06 at 10:45 AM
>Yep, from what I understand people
>in other countries vote out
>the boring hamsters and keep
>the ones that cause trouble.
>
>
>We are the only people that
>vote to keep the boring.

..yep, that is exactly why CBS did the right thing and took the voting out of the hands of stupid americans. Or else we would end up with joke winners like Eddie in BB1, who only won cause he had one leg from cancer. That's a joke, because last I checked it was a game show and not a telethon!

"RE: exactly"
Posted by nazpink on 09-01-06 at 12:40 PM
Ugh.....like it wasn't bad enough that we got to vote in half of the house, I couldn't imagine people voting for the winner. Besides, these people spend their time in this house to play the game, they are the ones who have to deal with all the crap so it should be left up to them.

"RE: exactly"
Posted by kopan on 09-06-06 at 09:33 AM
Your remark about Eddie was extremely cruel. I guess you didn't watch the first season. When Chicken George was rallying everyone to walk out, only Eddie understood it was a game. He participated in competitions and didn't try to make anyone feel sorry for him.

"But..."
Posted by AyaK on 09-08-06 at 00:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-06 AT 00:52 AM (EST)

...people couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

In international BB, all the hamsters do is try to make the others look bad without getting caught looking bad themselves. It's a frickin' beauty pageant, and every bit as boring (except when you have the hookups, which really do take place in international BB -- Boogie and Erika look chaste by comparison). Only in the US do the hamsters have to play a game.

Posted by brvnkrz on 09-01-06 at 12:56 PM
We'll miss you.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J. One for all and all for Janelle

Posted by ValenciaJoe on 09-01-06 at 02:01 PM
If I remember right from Season 1, the houseguests picked the two people up for eviction and the public voted via phone on who to evict. I kind of remember the ruckus when George's wife went out and got a lot of people to vote for whoever was up against him that week. Perhaps that is why CBS decided to scrap this system. I wish they would have brought it back for the All Star version.

Posted by Estee on 09-01-06 at 02:11 PM
This does bring up the question of how far Will would have gone under a public vote system. He could manipulate who was nominated for eviction, but as soon as he was up -- question mark. Would people respect his intelligence and strategy enough to let him stay in the game? Would we see an AI 'vote for the worst' flood? Or would everyone scream 'We must kill the evil!'

Posted by foonermints on 09-04-06 at 11:28 AM
We must obviously kill the evil.

It's hard to believe that some people don't like Jerry Lewis, either.

Posted by fedcamper on 09-07-06 at 04:33 AM
I don't think the vote stacking was a factor- Good Lord, look at American Idol! The more votes, the merrier. They act like the number of votes equals viewership which is great for selling advertising. I think they revamped the game to try and make it more interesting since the hamsters were trying to be appealing and it was NOT working!