URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 100
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The old message boards"

Posted by Brook R on 10-20-05 at 05:40 PM
Anybody else here miss the old boards on the web site i dont like this one its just to complicated and it was much better before any body agree?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The old message boards"
Posted by GreenSideUp on 10-20-05 at 05:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

I don't. The managers of this board have no association with the SO website and I am glad. They treated us badly there. they have no respect for us, enjoyed watching people attack each other and even had mods (Jason and Sloane)that would attack us for good measure. I don't have to patronize their site in order to come here and that's fine with me.

Posted by Brook R on 10-20-05 at 06:02 PM
Well thats a good point i never thought about that. Is Grandma toy still around??she was so nice she helped me in soo many way and Tracy did too.

Posted by Cleverone on 10-20-05 at 06:12 PM

I have to agree here with you GreenSideUp...this board welcomed us when we had no where to go and I was quite disappointed that the old board left us in limbo...this board has good moderators who keep us at peace and not at each others throats and they are respectful towards us even when we break the rules...it was a little complicated at first to navigate, but after studing it for a while, I found it easier to follow...we all have the ability to learn new things...come on... it's not that hard ...we're just programmed and resistant to change.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Posted by GreenSideUp on 10-20-05 at 06:21 PM
High five, girlfriend! I visited another board which shall remain nameless, where the mods spend so much time enforcing crazy rules, I wonder if they must be independently wealthy or something. I was scolded for something (I can't even remember what it was!) and I suggested in response that if they were finding themselves sending a lot of those notices, perhaps they should let go of that one rule. Their answer was that anyone who doesn't like the rules is welcome to leave. So I did.

The folks here have found a good balance between control, and control-freak.

Posted by Sharon_L on 10-20-05 at 09:25 PM

>
>The folks here have found a
>good balance between control, and
>control-freak.

My sentiments exactly. And there is more than one mod here, too, which I think makes a big difference.

What I like best is there aren't a bunch of other topics unrelated to SOH.

Hang in here, and welcome.

Posted by jelnova on 10-20-05 at 09:37 PM
I much prefer this board to the SO managed board. I don't get ganged up here by favorites who never got warned. Fights aren't allowed to build or get personal.
Balance between control and control-freak is a great description.

Posted by Speaking Hands NCA on 10-20-05 at 09:24 PM
Yes I miss the old site. It was so much better. By the way, Im trying to find the breast cancer purse that Allison is walking around with, anyone know where I can get it. I have allisions email from her personal site, I will leave an email there also. Thank you, Georgia in No CA

Posted by GreenSideUp on 10-20-05 at 10:07 PM
Speaking, I Googled "breast cancer handbacg" and found lots of sites that have them.