URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 100
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who is voting for Joe?"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-27-03 at 03:46 PM
I haven't seen anyone here on this board who is a Joe fan and personally don't see why he is still there.

I see why people are voting for each of the other guys but Joe????? So if you are one of the ones voting for Joe please explain your rational.

I am thinking after seeing his family (as someone pointed out Sopranos meets Greek Wedding), that someone in his family has a gun to Cupids head. No one here seems to like him.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who is voting for Joe?"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-27-03 at 03:48 PM
I think we'll see Joe one of the bottom 3 next week. I never have liked him. He's too materialistic. His smile won't get him to the end.

Posted by Darylg on 08-27-03 at 03:51 PM
I am betting that Joe is the one out next week. Robert has all the votes as the bad guy and the other guys have a fan base but Joe just made it so far because he was not as boring as others who are now gone.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-27-03 at 03:53 PM
Joe is one of only three guys that has not been in the bottom three not so sure he will be gone next week either. I understand why the other two (Hank and Robert) are but not Joe.

Someone is voting for this guy.

According to past voting Joe is probably in 2nd place.

"Anyone???????"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-28-03 at 10:24 AM
Anyone voting for Joe? or know anyone who has?

I don't understand how he hasn't been in the bottom three yet.

"RE: Anyone???????"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-28-03 at 10:48 AM
I'm very surprised that he hasn't been in the bottom 3 while Renda keeps ending up there. I'm not crazy about Renda, but I think I like him better than Joe. Like someone said, must be Joe's family doing the voting. Don't forget, he's got wads of cash ... bet he's been passing it around

Posted by HappyDayz on 08-28-03 at 11:11 AM
I'm thinking it has to do with Laura and Kimberly letting him go virtually unscathed. When you think about it, with the exception of Robert, voters seem to be taking Kim and Laura's words to heart (a prime example is Paul!).....Kim is starting to pick up on the problems with Joe, but has stopped short of saying he should go....Laura has not criticized at all (anyone else thinking Joe and Laura should hook up after this is over?). I think he will make his first bottom 3 appearance this week, but probably won't go for another couple of weeks. He needs to be called out on his grandstanding though....am I the only one who it annoys the heck out of when he pulls something at the very end of his segment like "America, I just want to marry this girl!" Showboating...plain and simple, and it really turns me off this guy.

Posted by gopher1956 on 08-28-03 at 11:28 AM
Joe is a nice enough guy. He is so typically NY-Italian that it hurts to watch him. Everything about him is an exaggeration...from the way he dresses to the way he spends..the dates..his feelings toward Lisa....the food...EVERYTHING !!! Lisa has simple tastes..she is elegant and understated...sweet..giggly...shy..precious...she needs to play peek-boo under a blanket with Evan at the beach...share a melting ice cream cone on a warm day with her man....and have him lick the drippy side for her.. like I know sweet Evan would do without even thinking about it...

Posted by HappyDayz on 08-28-03 at 11:35 AM
Well, you know I prefer a manly man, like Hank, for Lisa...but, yeah, I think we're in agreement...not Joe!

Posted by djk on 08-28-03 at 11:30 AM
He completly annoys me too Happydayz. I think he will end up in the bottom three this week. I think Lisa may be getting tired of him too, she didn't seem that into him this episode. It could have just been the family, but I think he is probably in her bottom two (with Robert being the only one below him.)

Posted by HappyDayz on 08-28-03 at 11:38 AM
Maybe Lisa is finally picking up on what a bs artist he is...I hope. She did kind of sound like she agreed with Kim, about him possibly being there for the competition (competition?...money?....Joe? ya think?)

"Absolutely!"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-28-03 at 01:16 PM
Joe and Laura should hook up. She's always saying "I love you" after his date. Ugh!

"RE: Absolutely!"
Posted by HappyDayz on 08-30-03 at 03:57 PM
Exactly! As she said, he had her when he popped open the bottle of Cristol. Also, she could hold her own with that rather boisterous Italian family of his!

"RE: Absolutely!"
Posted by Silvergirl1 on 08-31-03 at 04:50 AM

I agree, Schnookie! Laura even called out "You can all me anytime!" I don't know how many people heard it.

I think Laura would really fit in well with his family, too! Who knows - maybe they will hook up after all is said and done. He doesn't stand a chance with Lisa.

Silvergirl

Transportation made possible by Ice Cat creations.

Posted by DoodleBug on 08-28-03 at 01:09 PM
Honestly.... I think his family is voting for him. I'm sure you noticed the number of people in his huge Italian family. So there you go.

Posted by managerr on 08-28-03 at 01:28 PM
I agree, it must be his humongous family. There are probably only a couple of thousand people calling into this show anyway. So his family and friends will get him through to the next round.

Posted by smiley on 08-28-03 at 02:11 PM
Personally I think that part of the show is probably staged....now don't get me wrong....I am sure the person voted off truthfully has the lowest amount of votes. You watch...Hank will probably be in the bottom 3 next week just to stir up the pot. You always want a shock factor...it keeps people glued to the screen. Note that both Evan and Dom who most people think should be the top 3 have made appearances in the bottom 3.

I mean that is the most interesting part of the show. If it was going to be predictable every week then they may as well cut till there is two left and be done with it.

Posted by leogirl_21 on 08-28-03 at 02:36 PM
I really don't understand why Joe is still in it...

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-28-03 at 02:55 PM
Staged? Smiley, don't go ruining the illusion I have that all this "reality tv" is real

It would be a shocker having Hank in the bottom 3 and next week would be the week to do it after the bad editing they did for Hank's date this past week.

As long as Robert & Joe are in the bottom 3, I'm a happy camper.

Posted by Joyful on 08-28-03 at 06:06 PM
Does anyone else agree Joe is kinda creepy looking? I mean looks aren't everything but he is just a little too tan (fake tan at that) and his teeth are just a little to white (sunglasses please!!). He's giving George Hamilton a run for the money!! Also, if the dating pit bulls are going to call out Hank for stuff that goes on in the house, they need to jump on Joe for his total 0 to 60 anger problem shown in full scariness with the talk with Even about Robert's kiss. He went from casually talking to teeth gritting, vein popping weirdness in the blink of an eye. I think Joe should go, even before Robert.

Posted by wakeraver on 08-29-03 at 04:34 PM
There are ppl who hate Lisa as much as they hate the guys. Those are the ppl voting for Joe, and Robert and Ken, etc. etc. They WANT to see Lisa humiliated. She put herself up for it after failing a "Survivor" audition. It's all hilarious. Keep it up Laura, you're the light of the show! Granted, Joe is a schmuck and he has fat neck rings that look greasy and dirty (no wonder Lisa avoided his neck area while hugging him) but his family has a restaurant to promote, after all, so why NOT go on a reality TV show that leaves him no further behind than he ever was.......

"So In Summary"
Posted by Swami on 08-30-03 at 07:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-03 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

Nobody here is voting for Joe. Interesting.

IceCat is a Genius

"Swami!"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-30-03 at 08:59 PM
I LOVE your new sigpic. You're now ready for the next Survivor

I saw the other sigs in the Help forum and I also love the one with you inside the shell.

"RE: Swami!"
Posted by Swami on 09-01-03 at 12:36 PM
*tags Schookie*

Since I forgot to tag you in my summary last week, here is the "official" tag.

I am so stoked for this Survivor, after a couple of seasons of apathy. I figured everyone else was going to hoist the Jolly Roger or put on eye patches, so I went straight for the black pearl look. Classy, no?

So when Robert finally wins CUPID (gee, I hope not) I can jump straight to Survivor with hardly time to sharpen my poison pen!

IceCat is a Genius

"I am."
Posted by MindaC on 09-01-03 at 07:30 AM
I'm voting for Joe because I like him and my sister-in-law likes him as well. He comes off as very genuine about wanting to get married and settle down. The rest I don't think are ready. I really don't like Hank. I mean really. And I think that Evan will be gong soon.

My only qualm about Joe is that Lisa doesn't seem to have any passion for him and that's a shame because you can tell that he has a little freakadeak hiding inside of there.