URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID101
Thread Number: 10
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"More Soap thoughts with Lady T"

Posted by LadyT on 06-07-05 at 01:43 PM
I decided I had way to much to say in the old thread so I thought I would start a new one.

I must start with All My Children. How awesome it is right now. Not caring for the faux Dixie story right now or the Greenlee stealing Ryan's little swimmers. Kinda bordering on rape to me. But the Dixie story gives me David and Tad. David and Tad are my current favorite couple on AMC. I love how they bicker.

Speaking of Tad,let's go to Jamie. I find it VERY hard to believe that Tad, who inherited a winery from the Orsini's, or Brooke who like heads Tempo would not pay for med school. They are rich and they would pay. He doesn't need that inheritance. Stupid storyline and get rid of it.

However, I am liking anything that has to do with JR. JR and Kendall are HOT! I started out not liking this Kendall, but now I love her. Get rid of Ethan. Not really sure what I think of Amanda though. I like seeing Zach and Erica interact.

Why oh why is Taylor back from the dead? THe only purpose it serves is getting Antonio Sabato JR back to daytime. THe whole Brooke, Ridge and Taylor storyline is old and tiring. The onlything that might make it worthwhile is if Taylor and Nick sleep together and Ridge walks in.

Finally, GH has gotten some romance back. Jax and Courtney, as much as I HATE Courtney are the perfect lightheartness as compared to the darkness that is Sonny and Carly. Oh, I hate this Carly, she sucks, bring back Sarah Brown. I like Reese and Sonny a lot though. And I would like to see Lucky and Liz back together and have a storyline.

I am wondering who's heart Maxie will get. Frisco's or Tony's. My money says Tony as it is being reported he moved to New Mexico or someplace like that.

Killing Cassie, as sad as it, is great storytelling. Y&R does it well. So many stories have spirialed out of this.

ATWT, please sign Kin Shriner to a long term contract. I like him with Lily. I really liked Holden with Julia. I wish she wasn't dead so they could be together. However ATWT, get some teens who know how to act. I hate watching teens learn how to act.

Thats all for now. What are your thoughts?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: More Soap thoughts with Lady T"
Posted by ARnutz on 06-07-05 at 03:28 PM
Dang Tishy, how do you watch sooooo many soaps?

B&B: They should sooo throw a monkey wrench in here and bring Caroline (Carolyn?) back so Ridge can have 3 wives deciding who is actually married to him!

Y&R: I agree! The multiple storylines created by Cassie's death will make this the soap to be watching this summer! I lvoe this show!

ATWT: I don't know why, but I want Lily back with Holden! They (to me) are like Nikki & Victor on Y&R. That couple who splits up, gets back together, splits up ~ repeat as necessary.

I am more wrapped up in Rosanna & Paul here right now. I agree with the horrible teens on this show! Even some of the adults don't know how to act! Y&R does the "young person" thing sooo much better!

A J Slice original ©2004

Posted by samboohoo on 06-07-05 at 08:19 PM
Yay, Soap Thread:

Y&R: Always written well. I think the Nick/Sharon story went a little fast, however, never being in that situation and hoping not to, it's hard to judge. What's with Brad comforting Sharon. I thought he had the hots for Vickie. And this new Vickie is okay with me. Heather Tom was gone long enough, even though I will always love Tom's Vickie.

B&B: Horrible. The Taylor comeback is the worse written, ever, Period. I cannot believe how many idiot letters I read on CBS praising it. What (the f_ck) ever. They wrote Taylor off because there was no where else to go. Maybe this is all a dream or something like that. But it's hideous.

ATWT: Agree with Nutz, I love Lily and Holden. Would like to see them to something besides break up/make up.

GL: I knew Alan had something to do with Philip's murder. I still don't believe he's dead.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by txmomma26 on 06-08-05 at 04:51 PM
Oh carp! You're going to make me re-order my Soap Opera Digest subscription, aren't you? Cassie's gone? Taylor's back? ACK! What else is going on in SoapLand that I should know about??

SigPic by Syren and bouncy by the wonderful IceCat

Posted by MandyM on 06-08-05 at 07:54 PM
YAY! More Soap Talk (and we would all make better hostess' than that fishlipped Lisa Rinna!!) Thanks T!

AMC: Ah Tishy, we are parting ways a little bit on this one. I do not like Kendall and JR together..he's such a spoiled little brat and she just seems, through her life experiences, to be to "old" for him. They're at different stages. I think the writing is on the wall and she and Zach will ultimately fall for each other. It's classic soap stuff and I will enjoy it. Kendall needs a MAN, not a boy!

Greenlee and the "spermquest" storyline -- truly making me sick. I hear it's making her sick too and she might leave (I wouldn't blame her....acting gaga over caveman Ryan everyday has got to be tiring. I know you love him, T...but I find his blinking stare thing sooooooooo annoying that I can't even get past that to find him attractive! LOL!)

Amanda.....the actress who plays her always has this weird expression on her face like she just smelled a fart. Ya ever notice how her nose keeps crinkling up? And watching her flirting with Aidan was downright PAINFUL!!! "Hey Hot Shorts, I can think of a dozen other MORE PLEASURABLE ways to get my heart-rate up" (when Aidan asked her to join him in jogging) is just an example of the not-so-witty repartee! She even freaking WINK WINKED as she said this, as if the audience was too flipping dumb to understand her weak innuendo! Grrrrrrrr!

I want to comment on the other shows, but I've got a volley ball game in 15 minutes, so I gotta fly. I'll be back though!

MM *Loves my soaps*

Posted by kathliam on 06-09-05 at 07:14 PM
Hi Mandy! I absolutely agree on the JR/Kendall pairing. Creepy beyond words. JR is a little snot. I think it's only a matter of time before he screws Adam and Adam gives him what for and brings the big smackdown. It also seems Zach is starting to have feelings for Kendall. Agree she needs a father figure, has always been searching for it, and may have found it.

Greenlee acts as though she is still suffering the affects of the drugs Jonathan gave her. Get a grip, girl.

Amanda.....the actress who plays her always has this weird expression on her face like she just smelled a fart. Now this? just made me giggle. Maybe she took soap opera acting from Joey Tribiani!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 06-09-05 at 09:47 AM
Doesn't anybody watch DOOL?!

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!

Posted by Bebo on 06-09-05 at 11:14 AM
Not anymore. They finally went too far for me to care anymore.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-09-05 at 01:41 PM
Same here. I stopped watching Days to watch B&B again, and now I'm done with that one too.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by Bebo on 06-09-05 at 02:27 PM
With B&B, I can understand limiting the scope of characters for a 30-minute show, but the rehashing is getting oh so lame.

Taylor's dead, no she's not, she really is this time see the coffin, nope she's not.

Brooke had a baby, who's the daddy, Brooke had another baby, who's the daddy.

Brooke and her daughter are in love with the same guy, lather rinse repeat.

It's like they wrote three months of scripts awhile back and just keep pulling the old ones out of the drawer.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-09-05 at 02:38 PM
Let's not forget about Macy. She's bound to be back in the next month or so. In fact, I'm sure that's where Deacon is now.

As much as I hate the Taylor story, I'm almost tempted to watch for two reasons (1) to see if Ridge would actually not choose her and (2) to see if it's just a big joke and that she's really an imposter. I mean, have you seen her lately. She looks absolutely fake.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by Bebo on 06-09-05 at 02:40 PM
I think Macy was on the cover of a recent Soap Opera Digest, so you're probably right.

You know, maybe that show should just hire a casting director and be done with it, so they don't have to keep bringing back the same folks over and over.

"Spoiler stuff"
Posted by LadyT on 06-09-05 at 07:52 PM
Bobbie Eakes, who played Macy and is now Krystal on AMC is very happy at AMC. Her storyline is supposed to heat up soon. I fear if she went back to B&B, they would screw her again. SHe is so trashey on AMC I love it.

Spoiler stuff now. MARLENA is PREGNANT? That is insane. Maybe menopause but not pregnancy. I realize that they want to keep certain actresses young, but that is ridcoulous.

So pissed off at GL. Firing Alex, Rick and Ross. ANd more to come.

JR and Kendall, doing it some more....

"RE: Spoiler stuff"
Posted by MandyM on 06-09-05 at 09:41 PM
LMAO T.......I got my SOD today too and when I saw "Marlena's Pregnant" on the cover, I started giggling my a$$ off! She's GOT to be in her early to mid 50's. I'm waiting for Erica Kane to be next! LOL!

MM I also am digging the upcoming SL about Reese on GH! SOD...BEST.MAGAZINE.EVER!!!!

Posted by Bebo on 06-10-05 at 08:16 AM
So pissed off at GL. Firing Alex, Rick and Ross. ANd more to come.

GL made their entire cast take a 15% pay but. For awhile, it looked like they were going to lose Reva because of it, but the actress now says she's staying.

There are also budget cuts at Y&R, with the latest word being that Bobby is leaving in August.

Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-05 at 09:42 AM
Bobby leaving in August would explain where this storyline is going. I do like him, though.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by ARnutz on 06-10-05 at 10:57 AM
Yep, I have the feeling he'll get taken out by the mob.

Wonder who'll be there for Brittany (and the baby) when that happens? Perhaps JT. Hmmm...

A J Slice original ©2004

"GL Firings"
Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-05 at 09:41 AM
Haven't seen this edition yet. Marj Dusay is the best Alex ever. She will be missed.

Icey bounced my Dicey

"Completing my post from last night...."
Posted by MandyM on 06-09-05 at 10:12 PM
B&B - Taylor? She's starting to look like Joan Rivers! Eeeeek! Samboohoo, I like your idea that she is an imposter! That would make it worthwhile. And Beebs, Beebmeister, Beborama - you are soooo right! How many times can they do these recycled storylines? Has Brooke EVER known the paternity of her children? And Taylor is becoming another Stephano for crying out loud! LOL!

Given what drives me crazy, I continue to watch because I do love any scenes between Brooke and Stephanie. Those two are the "supercouple" of the show, in my opinion! And any scene with Sally is guanteed worthy! I would love to meet Darlene Conelly (sp?) in person!

OLTL - This show is totally smoking hot. I love the murder mysteries and most of the characters in that storyline (Rex - Jon Paul Lavoisser or something like that - is just spot on and one of the best young actors on daytime... he can play the cheating, lying bastige and then turn around and make you cry for the pain his character is going through with Jen's death and then turn around yet again and make you laugh at his snarkiness - scenes with RJ and scenes with Bo in particular - and then can make you feel all warm and fuzzy (while still smirking) in his scenes with sister Natalie and mom Roxie. This kid is gonna go places, mark my words!)

Oh, and if you are thinking I'm raving about Rex, then LOOK OUT! Because Tuc Watkins (David Vickers) is one of my ALL TIME favorites! Any scene he is in is a joy! He had chemistry with the Doritos he was eating at Kelly's house last week! Not only is he gorgeous, but he is funnier than hell! You can tell the writers love writing for him, but I've also read that he and Robin Strasser do a lot of ad-libbing as well. Dorian and David are GOLD in my book! I could watch an entire hour of just the two of them raising hell! They are MY preferred "supercouple" for OLTL!

Ack, this post is way too long. I'll post more later. Kathliam, just a quick note: I would LOVE for Adam to give JR the smackdown he so deserves! From your words to The Powers That Be's ears! Also "Maybe she took soap opera acting from Joey Tribiani!" made me literally laugh out loud!

MM Somebody shut me up already

"RE: Completing my post from last night...."
Posted by LadyT on 06-09-05 at 10:59 PM
I love the Joey Tribbiani line too. The thingis, half the teens on these shows would benefit if they took his class, and benefit a great deal! ATWT has the worst offenders. They are firing Hunt Block and letting Cady McClain go while keeping on these horrid teens. Although I will say, Kim Zimmers son CAN act and is the best one.

Marlena pregnant. At least Kim Zimmer, who is close to her age has the apprioate menopause storyline. You don't see that very often.

I think Hunter Tylo has been hit with the Botox WAY too much. I think she may be the Botox Queen.

And no picking on my JR! I am loving him right now. I wonder who they will put Julia with when she comes back. I truly hope its not Aidan, since he will have been with three out of the four Santos sisters. Maybe if they had kept Edmund around, that would have kicked #####. I could see her and Ethan, but I like Simone with Ethan. I have a feeling though, when Greenlee leaves, she will end up with Ryan. Like thats a bad thing.

I love my soaps. And to answer someones question, I don't actually watch all of these, I read SOD. I watch them on my days off, which I may get to watch a full day once every three weeks. I wasin Heaven when we had free Soap Net

Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-05 at 09:37 AM
I read SOD too. And CBS Soaps in Depth. And I can listen to the CBS shows on the radio, except at 1:30 when I play a CD.

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-05 at 09:40 AM
I posted somewhere else that I've never ever liked Taylor, mostly because I've never ever liked Hunter Tylo. Talk about DAW. She's the one who left first, then when they killed her off the last time, she was "shocked." And her whole lawsuit with Spelling about the Melrose Place thing. The part called for a sexy woman, then Tylo got pregnant, and Rinna was hired. Lots of people don't like Rinna, but she was more suited to that slutty, sexy character than Tylo.

I do agree with you about Steph and Brooke. They are the best!

Icey bounced my Dicey

Posted by LadyT on 06-10-05 at 07:24 PM
I remember the trial. Heather Locklear was pregnant at the time and when Hunter Tylo was testifying, she revealed she was 8 months pregnant. It was a huge shock because she so didn't look it. It basically sealed the case for her. However, swhe can't get hired by anyone other than B&B now

"Soap Thoughts Monthly Thread"
Posted by samboohoo on 06-10-05 at 09:43 AM
Tishy: Maybe we should do this monthly, since it fills up so quickly.

Icey bounced my Dicey

"RE: Soap Thoughts Monthly Thread"
Posted by LadyT on 06-10-05 at 07:26 PM
So many people love soaps, whenever anyone feels like a good time, we should start one.

Posted by Agman2 on 02-23-16 at 06:34 PM
I agree 100%