URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID132
Thread Number: 1
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Superstars of Dance"

Posted by Snidget on 01-01-09 at 12:43 PM
Will we finally get an Argentine Tango that doesn't make Qwertypie rip her hair out?

"Argentina's team will consist of a sensual cabaret artiste soloist, a contemporary Tango dancer soloist, an Argentinian Tango duo and a group performing Gaucho style dance."

link

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Superstars of Dance"
Posted by AshLanie on 01-02-09 at 06:44 AM
>Will we finally get an Argentine
>Tango that doesn't make Qwertypie
>rip her hair out?
>
>"Argentina's team will consist of a
>sensual cabaret artiste soloist, a
>contemporary Tango dancer soloist, an
>Argentinian Tango duo and a
>group performing Gaucho style dance."

>
>
>link

Chuckles and true.....

I am hoping to actually see the dances done as they are suppose to be done.

Happy new year to you and all

Posted by whimsey on 01-04-09 at 09:40 PM
The drinks and snacks will come later .....

Once I figure out the new laptop, and the rules for the judging. Right now, I pretty sure I'll love everyone.

Posted by Snidget on 01-04-09 at 09:50 PM
Was that Anya and Pasha from SYTYCD?

Posted by whimsey on 01-04-09 at 09:55 PM
I can count on you Snidget! Wasn't sure at first, but my 'girlie bits" confirm Pasha.

Posted by grit on 01-05-09 at 08:32 AM
Yes! And as bad as the show was, I continue to watch as long as Pasha is on the show. *swoon!*

I got sliced!

Posted by Agman2 on 02-19-16 at 11:39 AM
good point!

Posted by Belle Book on 01-05-09 at 04:29 PM
That was Anya & Pasha, all right! Oh, and Robert Muraine was also there, contorting all the way.

Belle Book

Posted by Barbara Stickle on 01-07-09 at 04:20 PM
It was Pasha, but not Anya. Apparently, Pasha has gone back to Russia to live. Remember he hadn't seen his family for many years?

Posted by LostAddict on 01-07-09 at 04:58 PM
I think it was Anya.

Posted by Snidget on 01-07-09 at 10:12 PM
I checked the DVR, it was the Anya as they've been dancing together for 10 no 11 years.

Posted by byoffer on 01-04-09 at 10:27 PM
Just tuned in at 10, so I missed a bunch. Am I the only one who finds this incredibly cheesy, and the calibre of dance far inferior to what we see on SYTYCD? These dancers can't even touch the pros from DWS.

I'm on a diet, and this is too much cheese for me!

Posted by byoffer on 01-05-09 at 11:34 AM
I will say that I enjoyed the Argentine Tango. I have no idea if Qwerty will approve with it as authentic, but it was very sensual and well performed.

Posted by true on 01-05-09 at 08:55 AM
I tried to watch but got bored and switched channels about halfway through. Too long, too slow, and too much filler.

Posted by LostAddict on 01-05-09 at 11:50 AM
That's why I dvr'd it. I'm going to watch tonight.

Posted by dragonflies on 01-05-09 at 04:17 PM
Me too. Or tomorrow night.

"Any idea..."
Posted by whimsey on 01-05-09 at 08:50 PM
when the competition was filmed? How long ago was this taped?

"En pointe"
Posted by Snidget on 01-05-09 at 09:34 PM
On the guy's shoulders?

Yikes!

Skill-wise it was amazing. Dancing, not so much.

Posted by taffnic on 01-05-09 at 10:23 PM
I did agree with the South African judge when he said the Shaolin monks were the best dance of the night. I totally enjoyed watching them.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-06-09 at 09:24 AM
Watched it lastnight. Wonders why this crappy show gets its own forum. Ugh.

Posted by LostAddict on 01-06-09 at 10:03 AM
I agree. Ugh. I'll probably keep watching, just because I have nothing else to watch, but I'll only do it using the DVR.

What's up with all the "dances" that weren't really dancing? I didn't get it.

Posted by Belle Book on 01-06-09 at 06:28 PM
I liked it, but something tells me a lot of others really didn't like it so much. I'll see it next week. Maybe I just like dancing more than seeing a bunch of women trying to win the newest Bachelor's heart -- even if that Bachelor's Jason.

Belle Book

Posted by pmspml5 on 01-06-09 at 06:42 PM
I was really disappointed in the judges knowledge of tap dancing. The guy from Australia and the women from the USA were way better then some of the other solos that made it through. The judge from Argentina is just crazy imo. I was glad that the soloist from there was eliminated. I didnt think her dance was very good and was going to throw my wii remote through the TV at them in about 1 more second.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 01-07-09 at 02:26 AM
I was really surprised how lame this thing is.

Posted by byoffer on 01-07-09 at 12:44 PM
Still no Qwerty sighting in here, eh? Either she hasn't found this new forum, or she hasn't watched, or the poor dancing finally killed her.

I will pm her just in case it is the latter.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-07-09 at 01:49 PM
Yes, I am still alive and well. (Thanks for caring *sniff*) We don't get SsOD here because we are too cheap for cable and the local stations don't carry it. I'll try and see if the tango is on you-tube.

Posted by Snidget on 01-07-09 at 01:54 PM
I think this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAt9VR0hy5s

Posted by qwertypie on 01-07-09 at 02:49 PM
Beat me to it

Can you find a link to the other Argentine dances?

Posted by qwertypie on 01-07-09 at 02:45 PM
Still waiting for it to download (I only found the link so far for the couples dance).

The camera work is killing me.

Open letter to the Camera Crew
Dear Mr./Ms. Cameraperson,
RE: Videoing dance shows
It's about the footwork, Stupid!
I want to see the feet. Bonus if I can see the whole body dancing. I do not need to see close ups of heads and shoulders, pseudo-orgasmic faces, hands on thighs, or a camera cut to a big round light when the final run of the choreography starts.
Remember
It's about the footwork! (Stupid!) Don't make me come there and lay some serious hurt on you with my stiletto heel.
Have a nice day,
Qwertypie.

As to the dancing
It was good. I thought it was a good compromise with actual tango dancing and stage elements.
Some beautiful, precise footwork (I suspect) was missed because of the GD camera work. I really want to smack the camera crew around. 1 camera, please. I beg of you.

The lifts I weren't superhappy with (along with the crotch shots).

The Turkey Lift and Spin and Toss at the end was right out of Forever Tango. At least she wasn't thrown into a giant bandoneon like in the stage show. I don't think that move is very well executed with her butt sticking up and the end moves with her thrashing in the air like a trout were sloppy, but that is just me. (For me the beauty of Argentine Tango is when the feet are interacting with each other, you know actually dancing)

(ASIDE)
Many tango dancers have ambivilent feelings toward Forever Tango. It really helped ignite world wide interst in Argentine tango which was in danger of dying out. Unfortunately, they put in so many crowd pleasing jumps and tricks, that any hack *coughAlex DaSilvacough* can claim to be a tango choreographer and produce the schlock that is only tricks and poses with no dancing that is seen on SYTYCD. (/ASIDE)

Watch the video again, but focus on the feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAt9VR0hy5s

Posted by mattisse99 on 01-10-09 at 06:13 PM
Hi!
I hope this is a proper place to post..I am new here.
I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the song that the Russian duet performed to? I love it and can't get it out of my head!

Thanks!
Teresa

Posted by qwertypie on 01-11-09 at 08:05 PM
Waiting for Snidget to come up with a link

Posted by Snidget on 01-11-09 at 08:10 PM
Like I don't let anyone else loose with the google.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3XZ30C514o is Anya and Pasha's duet. Not sure what song that is.

Posted by qwertypie on 01-11-09 at 08:18 PM
Knew it would be under 10 minutes!

The song may be called “Indissoluble” by Perla off the album Vol. 3- La Private Show
from http://www.puretvnet.com/tag/superstars-of-dance-music/

Posted by MKitty on 01-13-09 at 05:41 PM
Even though I am a dance fanatic, I got voted down in being able to watch this in my house due to side by side and back to back SYTYCD, DWTS and SYTYDC Canada. Yup, the male continigent in the house...which is the EVERYONE else...including the damn cat...outvoted me in watching Superstars. Sigh...but it does sound like I wasn't missing much. Would have liked ot have seen Pasha..but I'll check him out on Youtube. Thanks for the links!

Tribe manga'd my mug

"I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE AUDIENCE!!!11!"
Posted by Snidget on 01-19-09 at 08:41 PM
Dear SSOD.

Pimp the heck out of how controvertial a dance will be and NOT SHOW IT?

Really, we get a much better idea of seeing the empty stage, the musicians and the audience reaction shots about how amazing the dance is than be actually, you know, seeing the darn dance and making up our own minds?!?!?

GAH!

I mean who watches a dancing show to see, DANCING?

Um just me an most of the rest of the people watching from home.

Is this some bizzare way to make us want to get tickets. So we can actually see the dancing??? Your studio ain't big enough for all of us.

*sigh*

Posted by jbug on 01-19-09 at 08:50 PM
I'll admit I'm not watching much of this but.....
question:
where does dancing end and gymnastics start?

Posted by Snidget on 01-19-09 at 09:42 PM
Yep, some of the things like the martial artists are a lot more gymnastics than dancing.

But the one couple with the costume changes? A pair of non-dancers did that a lot better on America's Got Talent a few years ago.

I think it took away a lot from the dancing.

And the one judge gave them a 3. OUCH.

"Where do these Judges come from?"
Posted by kennethsmt2002 on 01-19-09 at 11:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-09 AT 00:09 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-20-09 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

That South African judge (Simon Cowell WANNABE) just needs to leave. He just needs to shut his mouth and give his score, like the US and China judges

Posted by DoodleBug on 01-20-09 at 03:31 PM
I thought I would pop in and see what you folks have to say about this show. I'm not surprised by the reaction here. I'm still watching, but don't know why I'm still watching.

Posted by BlueIris on 01-23-09 at 01:18 PM
ditto