URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 412
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Song Selections for the week"

Posted by Loree on 09-03-06 at 11:12 PM
They all sing 2 songs this week:

Dilana –
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Supersoul (original)

Magni –
Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles)
When the Time Comes (original)

Storm –
Suffragette City (David Bowie)
Ladylike (original)

Lukas –
Livin’ On a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
Headspin (original)

Toby –
Mr. Brightside (The Killers)
Throw It Away (original)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Song Selections for the week"
Posted by Glow on 09-04-06 at 01:55 AM
I am so glad Lukas is doing "Headspin". But, man, other than that I just don't care about this today. I used to look so forward to Sunday spoilers and webisodes (which they're not giving us tonight anyway apparently). I guess I am very bitter. *sigh*

Posted by Lex Icon on 09-04-06 at 05:16 AM
'Headspin' when in fact his head's abnormally large. Let's hope he does a dismal job and gets the bullet.

The show is already renamed 'SuperNoRyan' in this house

Posted by ameskie on 09-04-06 at 12:09 PM
I couldn't agree more, Glow. Of course, I've started back to school (I'm a special ed. teacher) and haven't had much time to read the posts, but I'm just not excited anymore.

...At least Big Brother still has Will and Janie (love them or hate them!)

Posted by Glow on 09-04-06 at 02:17 PM
The show is still what it is and I just have to remind myself that over and over. I do love Lukas afterall.

I stopped watching when James left.

Posted by LittleFox on 09-05-06 at 01:37 PM

>
>I stopped watching when James left.
>

LMAO!

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

Posted by sr200179 on 09-05-06 at 09:25 PM
you are worng. the Dr. has been voted out by his Janelle! Janelle and Erika have alligned (finally) and Boogie is pissed!

Posted by KimD on 09-04-06 at 12:40 PM
Out of habit I kept checking for spoilers last night... when I finally got them I got even more depressed. (Except for being glad that Stormy did Ladylike, which I love)

The reality episode is up, but I just can't go watch it. maybe later.

sigh. It's just not the same anymore.

Posted by Glow on 09-04-06 at 02:15 PM
I just finished watching it. It's definitely not the same. *cries*
But! on a happy note for me, if only for a second, Luke's pants fell down. Boxer briefs! Yay!

A song about his mother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJl-6cY5Sg

Headspin
All I want to say
is you're the sattellite in my life
You don't have to lie
You don't have to cry anymore

Lost inside your eyes
The vision never dies
Oh just take my hand
or float and never land

Then I hear you say
"Let's live for the moment this time"
Then you want to keep me forever
Why don't you just make up your mind

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why

You love to build me up
just to tear me down
Wouldn't it be nice
if we found paradise someday

Then I hear you say
"Let's live for the moment this time"
Then you want to keep me forever
Why don't you just make up your mind

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why

Did I hear you say
you wanna be alone
Or was it a mistake
How would we ever know
I can't hear you scream
You wanna be alone
I can't hear you scream at me
scream at me

I'm not perfect
I'm not perfect
No, no, no
I'm not perfect
I'm not perfect

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin

Did I ever mean something
Did I ever mean something to you
Did I ever mean something
Did I ever mean something to you

"Glow..."
Posted by Bebo on 09-04-06 at 04:34 PM
I know you're a Ryan fan, but that pic's too big to keep posting over and over.

"For glow"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-04-06 at 08:57 PM
It's nothing great, but I think it meets the guidelines...

"RE: For glow"
Posted by Glow on 09-04-06 at 09:30 PM
You rock, ahkie. *love*

Sorry Bebo!!

Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 02:09 AM
Dilana - Behind Blue Eyes. I love the Limp Bizkit version of this song and from the webisode it appears that she might go that way instead of with The Who version.

Magni - Back in the USSR. Magni will do a perfect karaoke style cover. I do not expect much. That is one of the Beatles songs that I have never really liked.

Storm - Suffragette City. I expect Storm to shine with this song. Good luck to her.

Lukas - Living on a Prayer (singing this on dare). I have no idea what to expect.

Toby - Mr Brightside. This will be incredibly difficult because Marty Casey nailed this song last season.

Originals did not sound terribly good in rehearsal, but that was just rehearsal, not the stage show. It amazes me that this house band can learn so many songs so quickly and pull them off so well.

Posted by michel on 09-05-06 at 08:49 AM
I found it pretty pathetic that someone would fight for a song and then not even bother to listen to the original. Especially since the Bizkit version is simply a truncated version of the original with the electric guitar, "Bad Man", part forgotten. Dilana was the only one to have done an acceptable version of a Who song, but I think she'll butcher this one.

I liked Storm on "Changes" so "Suffragette City" could be good.

I don't expect much from the other covers. I think the originals will decide and that could very well be Lukas' chance to pull away. The lyrics look interesting. Thanks Glow.

Posted by Loree on 09-05-06 at 09:03 AM
Dilana fighting for that song was pathetic. She didn't even know the song. But she had to have it because the lyrics described her sad situation. It seems like Dilana is the one that can't let the drama go. We all want to move on but Dilana keeps reminding us of what "happened to her".

And I would love to see Magni get a really different song. He keeps getting songs that are all basically the same and he sings them just like the original. Magni is a gifted cover artist. But that is it. He never rearranges anything and he always sounds just like the song originally did. He even remarked several weeks into the competition that he still had not had to learn a new song. Because every song he got was one he had already sang in concert before. Where is the challenge for Magni?

Posted by geg6 on 09-05-06 at 09:21 AM
Arrrrgh! The Limp Bizkit version??????

You've got to be kidding me, right? Horrid.

And you say she's never heard the original? Unbelievable. This might just be a trainwreck. And her incessant whining about "what happened to her?" Pahleeze. Her true nastiness came out and she has shown nothing but gracelessness in response. I hate her.

I will, however, be interested in what Lukas does with some Bon Jovi. I'll bet it's unique.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-05-06 at 11:31 AM
Mr Brightside again! Hasn't someone from this season already done that one?

I will be interested to hear the originals and Lukas' version of Living On A Prayer.

Posted by Lahela on 09-05-06 at 06:54 PM
geg..I totally agree with you regarding Dilana. Nothing "happened to her" other than herself. She brought it all upon herself when she opened her mouth and let the nastiness fly out.

Should be somewhat interesting to hear all of their originals tonight.

Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 08:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

"Arrrrgh! The Limp Bizkit version?????? ...You've got to be kidding me, right? Horrid."

Cmon Geg6, she doesn't know the Who version so lets just sing along .....

L . I . M P - say it.

or perhaps it will be

D I L ana - say it.

Toby should have picked the song. At least he has the right number of letters in his name.

I agreee with the concensus here about Dilana. Rather than focus on what happened TO her, she needs to think about the consequences of her own actions. Her voter hating lyrics seemed to be part of this theme. Dilana resents being judged but forgets that it is part of being an entertainer and that she agreed to appear on reality television. Silly Dilana.

"Two get eliminated this week?"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-05-06 at 11:34 AM
The finale is next week. Wondering if two go home tomorrow. Since 3 out of the 5 get in the bottom three you can bet SuperNova will reveal the ones they like the most by blasting the other three. They will want to influence the voting so they can send the two home who they want.