URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 402
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"8/29 East Coast Discussion Thread (Spoiler)"

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:08 PM
Lets keep all discussion about the 8/29 episode here.

PS: Nobody else created it and I was tired of hitting refresh so I decided to start it and hope there is someone else online.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Part 1 Intro"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:15 PM
Seems to be a Dilana redemption episode. She is being painted as little miss sweetie pie (in a rocker sort of way).

"RE: 8/29 East Coast Discussion Thread (Spoiler)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:17 PM
LOL, I was doing the same thing, waiting for someone to post ...

I must say, I could have done without the replay of the Dilana drama (I watched the Webisode). While I feel she did it to herself, it was painful to watch again.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:15 PM
Word. I guess they have to replay it for the people who don't watch the webisodes, but I was gagging the first time 'round. I really had no desire to see all that crap again.

A Tribe work of art

"Lukas - Lithium (Nirvana)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:19 PM
Watching the Webisode, I was really worried. I must say, that was GREAT. I don't smoke, but I need a cig after that perfomance. So, satisfying . . .

"RE: Lukas - Lithium (Nirvana)"
Posted by Aussiemama on 08-29-06 at 09:21 PM
I am not a big Lukas fan but HOLY MOTHER that was amazing! I actually watched the whole song ......

"RE: Lukas - Lithium (Nirvana)"
Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:16 PM
Ok. I have never been a Lukas fan. I wasn't expecting much after he talked about how much he hated the song. That? Was.Awesome! Yeah! No turning his back on the audience, no (major) voice constriction. Loved it!

A Tribe work of art

"Lukas"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:22 PM
The band loved it and I was kinda meh about that. Must be me. He stuck out his tongue at the end and I am sure it was for Glow.

I'm glad somebody else is here.

"RE: Lukas"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:26 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Glow's tongue will be working overtime on her TV during THAT Glowie, have you ever gotten a nasty shock? And, if so, do you enjoy it????

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 09:28 PM
LOL. We haven't even started watching yet and my tongue is nervous with anticipation.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:29 PM
LOL.

Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:20 AM
I love the way Lukas moves when he performs. The quick little pose thing that he did made Jason ROTFL and me too! He did a good job.

"Magni - I Alone (Live)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:24 PM
Magni's "campaign" was cute.

Not surprising, Magni was spot on. I love Live & Magni did justice to the song.

This sucks, because I have to vote for Lukas after his performance and my other faves, Ryan & Toby, are yet to come and need my support and now Magni? It's going to be a long night of typing letters & numbers . . .

"RE: Magni - I Alone (Live)"
Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 09:27 PM
vote for Ryan

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:30 PM
Most definitely I will vote Ryan the most. I'm prepared for a long night. Long day at work today & I made myself a tall Ketel One/Green Tea Ice Pik (even when I'm looking to get buzzed, I try to keep it healthy ) I'll be voting until the letters get too blurry

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:28 PM
I thought Magni was really good but didn't love it. I am starting to think it really is me. Maybe I am just getting tired of these songs.

"my other faves, Ryan & Toby"
Ryan has been incredible for the last few weeks. Toby was incredible on the last elim show. It is getting tough to pick and choose among these great singers.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:18 PM
I do not like this song much, but Magni made me enjoy it. He rocks. Period.

A Tribe work of art

Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:22 AM
I've been hot for Magni since he did "Fire" last week.

Posted by KimD on 08-29-06 at 09:27 PM
How much of SN's disgust of the reality show did they show?

Posted by Snidget on 08-29-06 at 09:30 PM
Maybe 5 minutes or so.

"Ryan"
Posted by Aussiemama on 08-29-06 at 09:33 PM
OMG - now I need a ciggy! That was SO HOT!

"Ryan - Clocks (Cold Play)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:33 PM
I'm in heaven . . . Ryan ON piano just does it for me. I'm sorry, but that was PHENOMENAL and Ryan is too good for SN!!! They are "old dogs" & Ryan has many new tricks to sleep.

"RE: Ryan - Clocks (Cold Play)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:34 PM
What the??? Lose the plot?? Yeah, STFU, Jason.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Is Jason watching the same show we are?

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:38 PM
I know, I'm still shaking my head by Jason's comments. He wouldn't know talent if it bit him in the arse. Ryan had the best performance of the night & I doubt anyone else left will do better.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:40 PM
Jason's comment was so laughable. What did he say? Something like Ryan loses himself when he steps out from behind the piano? Um. I didn't even notice that there was a band playing behind him when Ryan was doing his thing. He was a one man show. He MADE the show tonight.
*flips Jason the bird*

A Tribe work of art

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 10:42 PM
That was my thought as well but I just assumed I was biased. Though my lovely husband did rewind it for me because I was sweating and panting and going on and on about how sexy the piano slithering was. I love my husband. *giggle*

I NEED to vote, people. WTF?

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-29-06 at 11:56 PM
I agree with Jason. While Ryan's performance was great. I really enjoyed it. The problem with Ryan is the clumsiness of his stage performance. I have to admit while I enjoy Ryan's performances of late....I find myself laughing at him...his presence is too clumsy. Like did you all notice when Ryan tried to swing the microphone.....it came off as uncool because he can't do it because of his clumsiness. Now if they could give the guy more agility I think they might have something. He strikes me as the really bad dancer at the night club...needs a little work there...give him Arthur Murray or something....if they could just teach him some grace. I believe that is what Jason is trying to make a point.....unfortunately he suffers a little from the smae disease that Phil had...not as bad....and I don't mean wet noodle or bobblehead but something.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:34 PM
I agree. That was great. Ryan is a super talent and he seems to get better every week.

Posted by KimD on 08-29-06 at 09:36 PM
phew. thanks CattyChat. I'm breathing a little easier... the spoilers help but until I know what actually aired I worry.

Posted by Lex Icon on 08-29-06 at 09:41 PM
Never been a huge Ryan fan on the occasions he lets his vocals go AWOL (along the lines of what Jason was getting at) though I thought tonight's performance was excellent (plus great showmanship).

Perhaps he is too good - and energetic - for the SN fossils.

I wonder what Jason was looking up at - and why the camera panned up to the circle? Some sarcy jibe probably.

And doesn't Jason look like the Duracell bunny when he claps? Check it out.

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 09:41 PM
Yes, thank you, CC. Now I need a cigarette too.

Hubby is watching BB (I stopped watching it post-James). We never watch anything when it's actually on. heh. Which means I have to vote while I'm watching. Which is why I watch it at least twice on Tuesdays. *grin* Because, you know, those stupid little numbers and letters take my eyes away from rstartv.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-29-06 at 09:42 PM
Loved the Ryan performance but that was a big uhoh comment from Jason. Waves to all

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 09:44 PM
Jason is insane.

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-29-06 at 09:46 PM
... in the membrane?

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:20 PM
Holy.whoa. That was incredible! Talk about effing intensity! Wow. I got chills. Was not expecting that at all. Amazing.

(I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, but I had to sign on to vote for Ryan.)

A Tribe work of art

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 10:29 PM
I love you.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:34 PM
Love you too.

I'm having a lot of trouble voting though. Keep getting error messages. And the sleeping pill is really starting to kick in.

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 10:38 PM
umm. yeah. The voting isn't working. This is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Kinda like vomit.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:44 PM
That sucks. But I wouldn't vomit just yet. It might just be overload from the people outraged that R & L were in the B3. I mean, this is the only time I've ever been inspired to vote. I imagine I'm not alone. Besides, even if the bottom 3 stay the way they are now, I'm pretty sure Storm will be saying buh-bye. *pout*

I go to sleep now. Don't stay up too late! *smooch*

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 10:47 PM
Nooooo, not Storm. Say it isn't so.

Posted by Lex Icon on 08-29-06 at 10:46 PM
>umm. yeah. The voting isn't working.
> This is starting to
>leave a bad taste in
>my mouth. Kinda like
>vomit.

Which is exactly how it feels for people who aren't struck on Lukas!

Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:32 AM
Awesome, but I wish they would quit putting the camera on the audience instead of Ryan!

Jason is gellus.

"Storm - Bring Me to Life (Evanescence)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:42 PM
Better than I expected since Storm has been bad the past couple of weeks (IMO). Passable rendition. I give her personal brownie points for including Toby. She still gets those scary faces. So hot, yet weird faces.

"RE: Storm - Bring Me to Life (Evanescence)"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:43 PM
I loved it. It is very difficult to sing an Evanescence song because Amy Lee has such a great voice. Storm did incredibly well and the semi see through dress was a nice touch for the male watchers.

Posted by Aussiemama on 08-29-06 at 09:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

The best thing about Storm's performance was .....

TOBY!

"Was Toby in it?? Oh yea, he was just kind of there"
Posted by cwtrader on 08-30-06 at 08:12 AM
like the set of drums. Storm blew Toby off the stage. He can't even come close to her voice.

Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 10:25 PM
the semi see through dress was a nice touch for the male watchers

Yes, yes it was.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by dreamerbeliever on 08-29-06 at 09:50 PM
Gilby nailed it, wasn't that memorable (sorry boner). Actually I thought Z's was the best of the three but the Jill hatred might still be flowing in my veins.

"Storm nailed a tough song, Gilby is a joke as a judge"
Posted by cwtrader on 08-30-06 at 08:13 AM
n/m

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:22 PM
I love Storm. I thought this was awesome. Toby did great. Storm was captivating. She sang it well and made it fit her voice instead of straining to sound like the original.

A Tribe work of art

Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:40 AM
Why oh why did they have to flash Jill's face on the screen.

I like Storm, but this was meh. Can't entirely blame her, though, because she wouldn't have picked this song for herself.

Toby was great!

"Toby - Rebel Yell"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:46 PM
Toby's voice and stage presence seem to have arrived. That was incredible. Bringing the girls up on stage was an excellent touch.

"Toby was just OKAY singing Rebel Yell"
Posted by cwtrader on 08-30-06 at 08:05 AM
His voice is not bad but not even close to the contestants. During Rebel Yell, he was tanking and then he got the girls on stage, that saved him. Storm eclipsed him in her song, he was just sort of there. Storm rocks, Gilby sux as a judge.

"Toby - Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:46 PM
If anyone can do Billy, it's Toby. I want him performing at my local bar/lounge.

I loved it, but Toby has a soft spot in my heart. His performances are infectious & lively. He was spot on, but it wasn't as great as Ryan's performance.

"RE: Toby - Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)"
Posted by Lex Icon on 08-29-06 at 09:55 PM
If that wasn't a contest-winning performance by Toby then what is? Hell...he does Idol better than Billy himself.

Great voice, magnetic persona - plus a sense of humour others seem to lack.

I know who I'd want to front my band and go on tour with.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:23 PM
It was good. On a night where the other performances weren't so good, I might have been blown away. But after seeing Lukas and Ryan? this was blah.

A Tribe work of art

"I agree, Toby was fair at best"
Posted by cwtrader on 08-30-06 at 08:09 AM
Storm blew him away during her song. Gilby sux as a judge.

"RE: I agree, Toby was fair at best"
Posted by Glow on 08-30-06 at 08:31 AM
hi there, cwtrader. Welcome.

Are you a Storm fan? She was fabulous. All four of the guys were trying their best to steer votes last night.

Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:45 AM
That was good.

*lights ciggie*

"Dilana - Mother Mother (Tracy Bonham)"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 09:56 PM
Well, after all the drama at the beginning with the clips, I guess it was planned to let Dilana close the show and have time to pump herself back up after being faced with what the cameras filmed.

Insecurities aside, I still like Dilana's sound & she does her thing well. I can easily see her fronting SN and would not be unhappy if she won (as long as Ryan & Lukas hit Philly soon & Toby ).

"RE: Dilana - Mother Mother (Tracy Bonham)"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 09:58 PM
I really wanted to dislike Dilana this week and I did. Somehow I have a feeling that everyone else will think it was great but I just didn't think that it was as good as the other performers.

Why doesn't Dilana just drop her pants so that Dave can officially kiss her butt?

Posted by Aussiemama on 08-29-06 at 10:00 PM
I always liked Dilana and drama aside I was ready to enjoy this song but it was just OK for me, she has done so much better in other shows! Very forgetable for sure.....

Now who to vote for?

Posted by triednottowatch on 08-30-06 at 00:15 AM
Hah! I said the same thing to my wife earlier. Maybe Dave should just hire Dilana to front Panic Channel. She could burp the alphabet and he would think it was the greatest thing ever.....Dude.

I've always liked Dave Navaro, but the steady stream of "Dude" this and "Dude" that is really grating on my nerves.

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 08-29-06 at 10:02 PM
I wasn't paying attention to this earlier in the show, so correct me if I missed something.

Seems that after her performance, only Storm and Magni stood up to clap for her. Actually it didn't even look like the other three were even applauding for her at all.

From what I can remember, I thought the other rockers always stood and cheered each other after their performance.

Maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I missed Dilana doing the same to the other guys. I hope that I am wrong, because otherwise (IMO) that was a little classless.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:27 PM
It suited her voice. It was good. I still hate her. That was nothing special. (See my comments re: Toby)

Ok, so Gilby hates it when Jill grinds on him, but he loves it when Dilana wraps her leg around the guitar (bass, whatever) dudes neck? Riiiiiiight.

And Dave? The best performance you've ever seen? You're effing joking, right? Did you watch Ryan's performance tonight? Dilana was a total snoozefest compared to that.

I was about to puke from all the stroking that they were doing to Dilana. *furious*

A Tribe work of art

Posted by Glow on 08-30-06 at 01:54 AM
I can't fault her for the leg thing. I'd like to wrap my legs around Sasha's neck too.

"Holy carp!!!"
Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 10:30 PM
Scary Dilana is back!!

And yeah, the tongue-bath by SN, especially Dave, was a bit nauseating.

And I even like Dilana.

"RE: Holy carp!!!"
Posted by frisky on 08-30-06 at 00:54 AM
THAT was no tongue-bath. THIS is a tongue-bath:

*tongue bath*

With that said, Dilana was good, but she's a one-trick pony. I couldn't stand a two-hour concert of her voice.

"Initial Bottom 3"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 10:02 PM
Storm
Ryan (???)
Lukas (???)

*cracks knuckles* Time to vote like crazy for Ryan & Toby, plus some for Lukas (but since he has a strong base I'm not worried about him as much & I'd love to see his bottom 3 performance).

The men ruled tonight!! (For me, a total 180 from ep 1 where the women ruled)

"RE: Initial Bottom 3"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 10:06 PM
I'll be voting Ryan and Toby too. Can't quite decide which performance was better.

Posted by Lex Icon on 08-29-06 at 10:11 PM
It's a pity they disclose the bottom three at the end of the show, for all it does is encourage a lunatic fringe to vote like crazy for the artists whose names appear and thereby distorting the real concensus.

People don't buy five of the same album, so why have more than one vote?

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 10:22 PM
I agree & I wish more shows would be like Last Comic Standing & Dancing with the Stars where each phone line only gets so many votes and that's it. Makes it so much easier & wastes much less time and you don't have to worry about people with the dialers or who just want to vote 1,000 times for the same person.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 10:27 PM
I wouldn't like just one vote, because sometimes I have more than one fave (like tonight) but I am not sufficiently committed to vote for more than a few minutes so I don't have a lot of impact on the outcome.

The limit idea seems good. Ten votes seems fair.

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 10:58 PM
The limits work well. On DWTS they give you as many votes as contestants each week. So, if there are 5 contestants this week, each phone line can vote up to 5 times. It's great in the beginnning of the competition when you have multiple faves. LCS just gave you 3(?) votes per line each week. One vote isn't enough, but unlimited leads to this carp with the busy signals or the servers being overloaded on the Websites. It's B.S.

Posted by SilverStar on 08-29-06 at 10:28 PM
That bottom 3 is crap! Lukas and Ryan in no way deserve to be there. No.WAY.
I loved Storm's performance, but am not surprised to see her there. I think Toby and Dilana need to join her.

A Tribe work of art

"What the???"
Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 10:07 PM
Now, that's a first . . . RockStar site is "too busy" & I can't even vote right now!!?? Guess that's a good sign, but annoying!! Tonight was going to be my first serious night of voting for this season (all last season I voted like crazy every week, but this season not until the last few weeks and only for under an hour).

Have to counteract the LOD voters . . .

"RE: What the???"
Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 10:13 PM
I am getting server configuration errors when I go to that site. So the B3 must be based upon the few dozen votes that got in before their system crashed.

What is a LOD voter?

Posted by CattyChat on 08-29-06 at 10:19 PM
Legion of Dilana

Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 08-29-06 at 10:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-06 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

Legion Of Dilana

Which is a play on the

From over on the Big Brother forums.

Posted by cycles2k on 08-29-06 at 10:22 PM
Thanks. I guessed Lukas Or Dilana so I was only half right.

Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 10:28 PM
I'm trying to vote for sweet Stormy and getting the same errors. ARGH!!

And I STILL didn't see the commercial!!!

Posted by Glow on 08-29-06 at 10:34 PM
I hate everything.

Posted by KimD on 08-29-06 at 11:45 PM
Able to vote now Glow? I'm going as fast as I can just in case...

Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 11:46 PM
Agreed. It's working even faster now than last week.

Posted by Glow on 08-30-06 at 00:11 AM
word. It's supah dupah fastness. Let's see... I have to leave for work at 6:45. So you figure I should get in about 8 hours of voting. DH and I calculated my speed. We figured I was averaging about 20 votes per minute. If I go one hour straight without stopping I should be able to get in about 1200 votes per hour. woo hoo. ooops. I stopped, didn't I?

VOTE VOTE VOTE FOR RYAN....

Posted by KimD on 08-30-06 at 00:25 AM
20 votes a minute??! Holy crap, you and your computer are MUCH faster than me and mine! I wish I'd thought to install that extra RAM I bought months ago for tonight...

Posted by Glow on 08-30-06 at 01:50 AM
click vote. type in jumbled mess. click vote. type in jumbled mess. and so on and so forth. I leave a bunch of windows open and close them after 30 or so. Sometimes it goes through so quickly though that I don't have to minimize it, I just close it. This week since I am using live messenger as well, I just close the entire firefox group and reopen. All the while still voting. woo hoo

Posted by cycles2k on 08-30-06 at 02:37 AM
Vote maybe 5 times, give up, rewatch show on DVR, rewatch favorite performances on DVR, rewatch last weeks favorite performances on DVR.

Posted by dragonflies on 08-30-06 at 00:26 AM
How do you vote so fast? Is there dialing? I am on the website and I have to type in some dang letters each time. PITA.

Go Pack!
Ryan, Magni & Toby are getting my votes.

"Working now"
Posted by nailbone on 08-29-06 at 11:23 PM
I'm back to voting like crazy for Storm.

"RE: Working now"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-30-06 at 00:05 AM
My bottom three:

First two were easy:
Storm and Lukas.

The third is only by default Magni.

Just felt the top three performances tonight were Toby, Ryan and Dilana.

Posted by KimD on 08-30-06 at 00:55 AM
FYI - Dave has posted on his blog (6767.com) that he is aware of both the voting problems and the sound problems on the show. (He knows about them because of hundreds of posts from ticked off viewers and voters like us!)

Posted by cycles2k on 08-30-06 at 02:41 AM
Dave later posted that voting problems were not his problem and to email MSN. Then he worshiped Dilana some more and revealed the secret plan to control the next election.

Apparently Dilana gets to be Vice President. Don't go hunting with her. Don't drink wine with her either.

Posted by Glow on 08-30-06 at 02:54 AM
hee hee. That was very funny. And I think I'm getting very tired. And my eyeballs fell out at one point. I just popped them back in and kept voting. Now all the jumbled messes seem to say "go2sleep".