URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 126
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I smell a rat!"

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-25-05 at 09:24 AM
Do any of you think it is peculiar that Suzie was the only one not in the bottom three? Here she is the ‘queen of the bottom three’ and all of a sudden she is the only one of the seven who did not reach the bottom three. I mean I think her performance was good, but was she hands down that great where she was the only one not to reach the bottom three? You just don’t change that drastically in one week. Considering I thought her performance of the REM song a couple weeks ago was better. The fact that the we have less competitors each week would seem to make it even more likely that she would be in the bottom three the following week…..at least at one point. Do you think INXs gave her an exemption by making her do the encore? I smell a rat.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I smell a rat!"
Posted by Lisapooh on 08-25-05 at 09:35 AM
It's really not so different than when fans on American Idol vote maniacally for their favorite when they are in jeopardy. It's the exact same as when Jessica who had dwelt in the bottom three forever got a reprieve after they played up her status as cellar dweller for an entire show. It galvanizes both fans and casual viewers when they humanize someone like that.

performers are in the most danger when they have a great week - not when they have a bad one. There isn't as much motivation to save your favorite when they've done well. The rabid voting starts when folks think their contestant needs it the most.

The producers played up the queen of he bottom three thing on the results show because it would be a dramatic payoff when she was the only one who wasn't in the bottom three. It's manipulation of the storylines and editing. Not manipulation of the results.

and I told y'all she'd get the encore.

Posted by true on 08-25-05 at 11:22 AM
Pooh is right, IMO. (and as usual)

I know I gave most of my votes to Suzie, because I think she did great this week, AND, I think she's been getting screwed by the voters.

and I told y'all she'd get the encore.

Yeah, well I said so first. Now, who's the cheater???

Posted by EnglProf on 08-25-05 at 09:43 AM
Not to mention the fact that not ever being in the bottom three doesn’t equate with ever being in the top three during the voting. All this means is that Suzie was always in 4th place or better—that’s the middle of the pack and doesn’t represent a drastic change from earlier weeks. She rocked on the encore too. Good for her.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by HistoryDetective on 08-25-05 at 09:48 AM
I enjoyed her performance the most of the seven who sang on Tuesday. I wasn't surprised at all that she was not in the bottom three.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 08-25-05 at 10:15 AM
The only one not in the bottom three???? I find that wierd considering her track record.

Posted by Loree on 08-25-05 at 10:31 AM
Actually I read a couple different sites that had VoteForSuzi campaigns going this week. They were all going to vote non-stop for Suzi to keep her out of the Bottom 3 for the week. So it obviously worked. But she will probably be back in the bottom 3 next week because I think it was a one week idea just to make her happy.

Posted by weltek on 08-25-05 at 10:46 AM
I find Suzie's "poor me" behavior to be pathetic. Get a spine. Guess it's working for her, though.

Posted by me144 on 08-25-05 at 10:58 AM
I heard about a save Suzie campaign also. She's bugging me too; reminding me of Jessica where all she talked about was being in the bottom three all the time. Really getting annoying; hope she stops mentioning it now.

Posted by Moother on 08-25-05 at 12:08 PM
The vote for Suzie thing may be right but I have to admit that even though I have never voted for her before, I did vote for her this last time because I thought she did a great job on Start Me Up. I also enjoyed her ENCORE! I think she also needs to dress better all the time for performances. This last time she looked better than I have seen her and maybe that helped scores too.
I also hate it when they get wiggy and constantly worry about the bottom 3. Just SING and let us sort it out! LOL

Posted by LaLaLisa on 08-25-05 at 02:55 PM
>I also hate it when they
>get wiggy and constantly worry
>about the bottom 3. Just
>SING and let us sort
>it out! LOL

Yeah, look at what it did for Marty. I wasn't the only one sick of his grunge rocker self until he turned it around last night with his INXS song! Man, I hope they all start having (getting?) to sing a INXS song soon.