URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 645
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS 10 Episode 2 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 07:55 PM
Please keep all details of the second performance round before we finally get to see a Red Light Special tomorrow night here until midnight, or until the celebquarium fills up from too much ego and explodes.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: DWTS 10 Episode 2 ECST"
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:00 PM
And that's just from Chad & Kate.

This could be a very long night. Rumor has it Len's been up since three this afternoon.

"Last week's scores"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:01 PM
In last week's dancing order......

Chad/Cheryl 18
Shannen/Mark 18
Erin/Maksim 21
Jake/Chelsie 20
Niecy/Louis 18
Evan/Anna 23
Buzz/Ashly 14
Nicole/Derek 25
Aiden/Edyta 15
Kate/Tony 16
Pamela/Damian 21

"Wow"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:03 PM
Pam looks almost demure.

"Introductions."
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:04 PM
Edyta is dressed!

Pamela is Marilyn!

The theme song is being done in a Glee version!

"RE: Introductions."
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-10 AT 08:13 PM (EST)

I think they did at least part of the blecho intro last week the same way........

ETA: Going into the commercial, we saw the back of Edyta, and it's not dressed........

"Drink of the night"
Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 08:07 PM
Drink of the night

cosmos

snack of the night

penne pasta tossed with olive oil, garlic, basil and sun dried tomato

"Shannen and Mark"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:07 PM
They claim that if there would've been an elimination last week, there would've been an upset....... (probably because both Kate/Buzz got such huge voting totals........)

Meanwhile back at training for Shannen/Mark, Shannen's in meltdown mode because she wants to dumb down her dance, while Mark refused to do so........

Dancing the Jive to "Shake Your Tail Feather"? *shrug*

"RE: Shannen and Mark"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5V-6yCbpg

I thought she did OK as she did seem to loosen up a bit as it went along.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:12 PM
With this band, sometimes getting the secondary title is a moral victory.......

Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:14 PM
Absolutely!

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:11 PM
Okay, a Michigan sporting fan has puked their colors all over Len's outfit........ *blech*

Previous week's score was 18.......

This week's score: 7-6-7 for a total of 20, grand total for the voting period of 38.

They changed the positions of the scoring graphic this week, it appears.......

"Life is like a hurricane..."
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:14 PM
...here in Duckburg

I see Len's still late for his 50,000 Cranky Moment tuneup. At this point, I'm waiting for him to break out the three-point separation from the other judges. Possibly the four. I might go as high as eight, but I'll need to see a really good payoff.

Shannen's trying, but I think she needs something a little more sedate next week -- it's hard to practice leg form on a fast rhythm.

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 08:17 PM
Shannon should thank her lucky stars she's in a season with Kate G and Buzz Aldrin.

"Aiden and Edyta"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:18 PM
Aiden had a meltdown with the combination of his low scores from last week to the pressure of learning his second dance in 4 days compared to 3 weeks for a dance that put him in next to last on the Judges Scoreboard.........

Dancing the Fox Trot to "I've Got You Under My Skin" (which considering the week they had was most ironic......)

"RE: Aiden and Edyta"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:19 PM
That was quite nice.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:21 PM
Aiden apparently got an elbow into the eye at the end of the dance....... (Jeffrey can seriously relate, if I remember correctly......)

Previous week's score was 15

This weeks's score: 7-6-6 for a total of 19, grand total of 34

Tomorrow's musical numbers will feature the music of the Beach Boys (featuring John Stamos)

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 08:22 PM
Love him. I do want him to relax, but he still has my heart.

Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:24 PM
I will personally give them two bonus points for each additional elbow to Aiden's face. (Knee to the groin is an automatic 30.)

I think Edyta's main source of stress is called I could be out first this year and I've got bills. I don't think it's going away after this dance: the scores are up, but the votes are still fairly chancy.

And why didn't they just do Edyta's theme song? They were close enough!

I'm Wearing Nothing But Skin.

"Evan and Anna"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:29 PM
Evan headed home to be honored for winning the gold medal in male figure skating......... and they asked those at a luncheon to call their number for voting.

Dancing the Jive to "Hey, Hey, Hey"?

"RE: Evan and Anna"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:29 PM
*googles quickly*

Avril Lavigne: The Best Damn Thing

Could have loosened up a bit, but it was OK.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:33 PM
That was the other thing I thought it could've been....

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 08:46 PM
I think Estee hit the nail on the head ... Evanbot. No depth, no heat, nothing. He'll prolly win.

"Grease is the word."
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:34 PM
All credibility just slides right off. (Didn't we already do this reality show?) It's an improvement and he's definitely showing more of a connection with Anna -- he's just not making one with me. The impression is of someone who spends his life svcking up to judges as a profession: joy of the dance is irrelevant, the scoring is all -- and that means the performance is nothing.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:36 PM
Previous week's score was 23.

This week's score: 8-8-8 for a total of 24, grand total of 47.

"Niecy and Louis"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:40 PM
Niecy was initially excited to hear that she drew the Fox Trot, but Louis had to calm her down on what she was going to be doing........ later on, he had to teach her how to do the dance using food terms instead of what he was originally going for........

Dancing the Fox Trot to "Perfect Man for Me"?

Niecy might want to stop lip synching the words to the song, though........

"RE: Niecy and Louis"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:40 PM
I think she did a really good job with that. I wouldn't think she could do ballroom like that.

"Did something happen?"
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:43 PM
All I could see was the screaming hell that was Louis' $22.50 prom suit.

"RE: Did something happen?"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:46 PM
Then you probably won't see anything for the $12.25 jacket that Jake got at the same store.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:46 PM
Previous week's score was 18.

This week's score is 7-7-7 for a total of 21, grand total of 39.

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 08:54 PM
Loved that beginning, she sassed it up perfectly. Yes she should stop singing along, but dang it! that was great.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 03-30-10 at 01:09 AM
I love Niecy. Great laughter and spunk to the show. What surprised me is that her character on Reno 911 is far more subdued. Who knew she was such a clown.
Dancing needs work, but she's better than others.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:05 PM
I love her personality and her joy. Especially when you look at some of the others. Kate (and Aiden and Jake) could take a lesson from her.

"Jake and Chelsie"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:50 PM
This is another couple where both ends are arguing about the difficulty of the dance......... Again, the pro won the argument for at least the inclusion of the move in question......

Dancing the Jive to "It's Hip to Be Square"

"RE: Jake and Chelsie"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 08:52 PM
Looks like he had fun, but he needs to do something with his shoulders other than hunching them over in the front.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 08:54 PM
Lift Cop Carrie Ann has spotted another violation.......

The band obviously slipped Tom their bribe budget for him to praise them again.......

Previous week's score was 20.

This week's score is 6-7-7 for a total of 20, grand total of 40........ Carrie Ann got booed for the 6.

Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 08:57 PM
I'll be happy if he A. gets through his time on the show without hurting Chelsie and B. gets going.

Vienna shot! Minus one thousand votes! (It's easier than a drinking game and more accurate!)

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:04 PM
"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you." How pompous and rude. Who does he think he is. He is a reality show personality. What is up with all of the stars arguing with the pros. This turns me off to any of them that did that.

Posted by qwertypie on 03-30-10 at 02:07 PM
I can't believe I am defending him but...

I've been on both sides of the equation (as the pro and the novice) Sometimes a move is just too risky to do in a live performance for the person involved. I am assuming this was in the early part of their practise and the technical difficulties were resolved quickly.

"Buzz and Ashly"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:01 PM
This week Buzz asked Ashly to diagram the dancing steps so that she could help explain it better........ His wife Lois visited them in the studio this week as well........

Dancing the Fox Trot (with man on the moon symbolism in place) to "Fly Me To The Moon" (They even had a projection of the Moon's surface onto the dance floor. Also, there was an extended start sequence as Buzz saluted the flag on the stage and then got back into starting position........)

"RE: Buzz and Ashly"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 09:02 PM
The dancing was not good. And Fly Me To The Moon...lets go for the obvious there.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:04 PM
Some of the dancers in tomorrow's Macy's Stars of Dance are survivors from the Haiti earthquake......

Previous week's score was 14

This week's score? 4-4-4 for a total of 12, grand total of 26.

OOFA!

"Going obscure."
Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 09:06 PM
You will not believe an Eva can dance.

Absolutely Terrible Field.

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:13 PM
Unfortunate.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 03-30-10 at 01:10 AM
Done with the moon theme. Really over that. Please go away.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:06 PM
He's kind of creepy and so is his wife. Isn't Ashly the one that got Master P also. They obviously don't really want her to hang around for long.

"Nicole and Derek"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:12 PM
Derek was originally teaching a "Great Ball's of Fire" style of Jive...... until they got informed from the producers what their song was going to be....... and it's a different type of song, apparently......

Dancing the Jive to "S-O-S" Derek started the dance in the Celebriquarium with Pamela, though, and he dashed onto the dance floor to start his portion of the dance........

"RE: Nicole and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 09:14 PM
What the heck did the band do to that poor innocent song. Makes what Chris Brown did to Rihanna look like a love tap.

E-fraking-gad. I wanted to run to the celebriquarium to hide under Pam Anderson's cleavage.

Posted by Estee on 03-30-10 at 07:31 AM
*general principles glare*

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:16 PM
Previous week's score was 25.

This week's score is 10!-8-10! for a total of 28, grand total of 53. (First tens of the seasons for both Carrie Ann and Bruno)

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:17 PM
The girl can fill out a costume. She seemed terrified but pulled it out. Again, Derek messes up with his mugging and awful beginning. I'm going to root for her.

Posted by Estee on 03-29-10 at 09:19 PM
So what's the episode countdown before Bruno beats Len to death with a scoring paddle? Six?

I hated that so much, I knew it was going to get 10s. There was something annoying about that performance. Now what could it possibly have been?

Oh, right. Derek was in it. And then he tried to get in with Brooke. Again. Huzzah for live TV and high cameras!

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-29-10 at 11:52 PM
Seems like Derek always gets very strong partners.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 03-30-10 at 01:13 AM
Yeah, he does. With the exception of last season, Tony usually gets the so-so partners; and he got her because of a last minute replacement.

This was good. Wish the pro was someone else, though.

Posted by Loree on 03-30-10 at 11:21 AM
I was truly hoping Derek would fall on his face when he came rushing down the stairs in his corny opener for their number.

Posted by Lorr on 03-30-10 at 04:20 PM
Why does everyone have such a negative opinion of him?

Posted by vince3 on 03-30-10 at 07:39 PM
Mainly it's his attitude, especially when he won with Brooke, he was too busy celebrating with Mark Ballas and the trophy to congratulate his partner...........

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:08 PM
I looked down and looked back up and Nicole looks like the pro, both in her costuming and body and also in her dancing. She was doing side leg kicks that were incredibly high. She is gorgeous.

Posted by Chaymon on 03-30-10 at 06:03 PM
Nicole is amazing but lets face it she is a professional. Her being on the show is grossly unfair to every other professional. The season is going to suck all 10s all the time for Nicole. In order to have a good season she needs to go otherwise it should just be called Dancing with Nicole. I like her but seriously She took dancing as a minor in college!!!!! Oh and the only person I like less the Derek is his sister Julieann.

"Erin and Maksim"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:22 PM
Maksim has a tough job ahead of him this week....... turning a tomboy into a princess.......... He has to be the calm one in the relationship, for a change.....

Dancing the Fox Trot to "Love Story" (or at least that's what I think it's called, either that or Romeo and Juliet)

"RE: Erin and Maksim"
Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:23 PM
She is a beautiful frothy confection.

Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 09:25 PM
Something about her just doesn't look quite right when she dances.

Hopefully Maksim will find his biceps soon. Poor guy.

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:39 PM
That is his second ego blow in as many weeks....... Tom mused that he may not survive the season at this rate.................

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:30 PM
Previous week's score was 21.

This week's score is 8-7-8 for a total of 23, grand total of 44.

Posted by Estee on 03-30-10 at 07:37 AM
She has a lot of potential -- and what might be exactly the wrong partner to bring it out. Maksim's routines frequently have a hard time promoting his better half before they go back to their usual theme: The Glory That Is Maksim. That's why he needs a tough partner, and that's why he usually gets one -- but that doesn't mean it's going to be enough.

Posted by Loree on 03-30-10 at 11:24 AM
I love their partnership this season. I hope they stick around till the end.

"Pamela and Damian"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:33 PM
Well, it was said in the package that they wanted her to channel Marilyn Monroe, which definitely explains her outfit for the night.........

Big practice crash into the wall mirrors.......

Dancing the Fox Trot to "I Wanna Be Loved By You" which was originally of course sung by Marilyn Monroe..........

"RE: Pamela and Damian"
Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 09:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-10 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

I was not expecting that. She really got the character down, and it was very nice.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/titivating

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:41 PM
Previous week's score was 21.

This week's score is 7-7-8 for a total of 22, grand total of 43.

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:47 PM
Wow, fun, fun,fun.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:10 PM
I'm surprised that I am enjoying her so much. She has a fun personality, is a decent dancer and so far no diva attitude with her partner.

Posted by Estee on 03-30-10 at 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Pamela has peaked in Len's paddles: she's not getting more than a 7 from him even if the Gods Of Ballroom descend to the studio and anoint her with pointy-toed shoes. Why? Because he said so. And who are you to argue with him? The voters. And you don't exist. Again, because he said so. Now turn down that dialing racket!

"Chad and Cheryl"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:44 PM
Chad loves to flirt with Cheryl, which he denied in confessional..... It gets to the point that she kisses him when he gets it right......

Dancing the Fox Trot to "15"?

"RE: Chad and Cheryl"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:47 PM
He got skewered by the judges.

Previous week's score was 18.

This week's score is 6-5-5 for a total of 16, grand total of 34.......

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:55 PM
Are they trying to derail him? He seemed devastated with the criticism and fell back on his "post- game script". He honestly wants to play the "Dancing With the Stars" game.

Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 09:47 PM
I liked that better than the judges did. And a lot more than I wanted to given how much I want to loathe Mr. 85.

Posted by Estee on 03-30-10 at 07:43 AM
Which is still three times his emotional age...

He doesn't respond well to criticism either, possibly because it's the first time in years that he hasn't been able to completely ignore it: this time, it can have an actual effect on his future. I still think he's trying, but he wants the dances and scoring on his terms, not ballroom standards -- and he doesn't understand why he can't get it.

Imagine what'll happen if he starts flirting with Kate.

He and Cheryl do make a cute couple.

"Kate and Tony"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:50 PM
This time we see the basement dance floor: look for the exercise machines and all the little kid clothing on a massive coat rack in the background..........

Tony felt that he's being undermined by Kate's stubborness...... to the point that he quit! She doesn't get it..... and commercial break.

Last week next to Pimp Spot, this week Pimp Spot, they definitely want to keep these two around, don't they?

"RE: Kate and Tony"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:55 PM
Tony eventually comes back, but Kate admits that most people quit on her in life (gee, I wonder why.......?)

Dancing the Jive to "I'm Still Standing"

Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 09:59 PM
Previous week's score was 16.

This week's score is 5-5-5 for a total of 15, grand total of 31.........

I think the audience was considering a riot on those scores.......

Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 09:57 PM
She dances the way I expect Erin to dance. She dances like a tomboy with no grace or fluidity. VFTW

Posted by Snidget on 03-29-10 at 10:00 PM
Oh gosh that is awful.

You'd think with as much of her life was on film she'd be able to watch the playback and see what she does that causes this reaction in people. Or is she just that egotistical she can't believe anything she does is less than amazing in the realm of interpersonal relations.

Posted by jbug on 03-29-10 at 10:05 PM
yes, that was really really bad

Buzz was better

Posted by qwertypie on 03-30-10 at 00:59 AM
He was.

Posted by Estee on 03-30-10 at 07:08 AM
Now appearing on stage: The History Of Kate's Divorce In Two Minutes.

Posted by mtopaz on 03-30-10 at 12:13 PM
Heh. And still Kate "doesn't understand" why people don't last long in her life. I'm beginning to think Jon deserves some sort of medal for sheer endurance.

As to the show -- I'm beginning to think the rumors floating around must be true because the hair and make up departments seem to have it in for Kate. Pamela Anderson looked flawless and lovely; Kate looked like a slightly upscale Rizzo from Grease.

The dance was a disaster. She didn't know half the steps, and when Tony slung her around between his legs, she looked like a sack of potatoes. She is a downer - and she's not going to improve one iota.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by vince3 on 03-31-10 at 03:57 PM
Nope, according to the front page, that will be next week during DWTS Story Time.........:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/gosselin-planning-jon-%26-kate-themed-dancing-with-stars-dance-10689.php

Ye gawds.

Posted by Estee on 03-31-10 at 05:20 PM
So basically, we've moved from DeadWife to DumbHusband.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-30-10 at 08:31 AM
I only saw half due to forgetting to set my DVR. I think I picked up with the Pussycat Doll.

Anywho, Kate was terrible. She is not "perfect" at something, and it is killing her. I actually do want for her to get better. She pretty much looked at him the whole time. She had no confidence at all. She wasn't relaxed at all. I wonder if she would just relax and let go if it would make it better.

On a side note, Kate's legs look really, really good. Her hair, not so much. I like it better short.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Loree on 03-30-10 at 11:29 AM
It was obvious that Kate was counting her steps. You could see her doing it. And she kept looking at Tony. Most awkward dance this season.

Posted by JessicaRN on 03-30-10 at 12:12 PM
I can't stand her personality but I felt sorry for her during the performance. She looks terrified and like she will be relieved if she leaves. Poor Tony.

Posted by Chaymon on 03-30-10 at 06:11 PM
She wants to be a star so bad. But this has to prove she is not a star, not a preformer at all. I bet Jon is rewinding it over and over. She knows she looks like a fool and wants to blame it on Tony. Uh no, Kate your not a star. I hope your as embarrassed for yourself as we are for you. I cant stand her but hope she stays on the show just so she continues to look stupid. Tony derserves a special trophy for having the worst of the Stars. Keep Kate get Nicole off so other stars have a chance.

"Judge's Leaderboard"
Posted by vince3 on 03-29-10 at 10:04 PM
Nicole/Derek 53
Evan/Anna 47
Erin/Maksim 44
Pamela/Damian 43
Jake/Chelsie 40
Niecy/Louis 39
Shannen/Mark 38
Chad/Cheryl 34
Aiden/Edyta 34
Kate/Tony 31
Buzz/Ashly 26

Remember, tomorrow night's Results Show will start at 8:00pm, and will feature the Beach Boys with John Stamos on drums........

"Thanks, vince"
Posted by whimsey on 03-29-10 at 10:06 PM
Another great job!