URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 334
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*INVISIBLE SPOILER AHOY!*"

Posted by J Slice on 10-19-05 at 07:41 PM
filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler filler

thanks to Aintitcoolnews.com, I now know who our unfortunate victim is...

highlight here:

It's Shannon. Shocking maybe 3 people. ::shrug:: doesn't bother me ^__^

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *INVISIBLE SPOILER AHOY!*"
Posted by zombiebaby on 10-19-05 at 07:57 PM
Yeah I heard this. I am disappointed. Do you buy it? How reliable are they?

I think they are trying to sell now the "Who donnit" angle to make up for this.

Just doesn't make sense to me, the character had promise. Unless it was actress related.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-19-05 at 08:09 PM
To me it seems the most logical choice, and I have suspected this since the day the producers said a major character would die this fall.

Others are too integral to the forward-moving plot. This person is a loose end.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-19-05 at 08:16 PM
I'm with TJ ... not surprised at all, and not upset if it is indeed true (and I hope it is).

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to look, but last night Kristen on E! said:

The female who dies is killed by another female character, not by the monster, or the Others, or the island. Very interesting.

a GothMog original

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-19-05 at 08:26 PM
I've got a little theory on THAT, too. There's a new evil on the island.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-19-05 at 08:34 PM
This theory wouldn't have anything to do with the tail people, would it?

a GothMog original

Posted by zombiebaby on 10-19-05 at 09:51 PM

SPILL IT!!!!

We need something to speculate. 3. weeks.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Posted by tvgeek401 on 10-20-05 at 00:40 AM
don't even remind me...three freaking weeks!

Was I the only one who thought this episode was kind of...filler? I didn't enjoy it as much as the last couple.

As for the soon to be dead castaway, I'm not too surprised. I'm just disappointed it wasn't Kate.

It just wouldn't be the same without the geek! --tribe, the amazing creator of my siggie
Did anyone watch last week's Best Week Ever on VH1? They totally made fun of us. Apparently having screenshots of the show is uncool. pfft.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-20-05 at 07:10 AM
I agree about the filler aspect, but I really do enjoy the Jin/Sun backstory. I cannot get enough of them, so this was a thumbs up episode for me.

a GothMog original

"Damn you, woman!"
Posted by wandacal on 10-20-05 at 03:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 04:27 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 04:22 AM (EST)

Now?

I have to resist your temptation for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!!!

You? Are evil.

ETA: A preposition.
Edited AGAIN to add:
I gave in and read the hidden text.
So, now I know.
I blame Augie.
As usual.

Lost with PhoenixMons!

"RE: Damn you, woman!"
Posted by AugustGirl on 10-20-05 at 07:00 AM
*glares*

a GothMog original

Don't make me get on a plane and come "visit" you. I'll do it. I will.

Posted by weltek on 10-20-05 at 09:09 AM
thanks, slicey. Not surprised, especially given last night's preview. It kind of set Shannon up as going crazy & running into a precarious situation.

Posted by Steph_Fan on 10-20-05 at 10:39 AM
I'm not surprised either, but I hope we get some answers before she goes, like: how was the Mr. Rutherford that was in Sarah's car crash related to Shannon? Father? Husband?

As for the killer, I don't think Ana-Lucia and the gang will arrive in the next episode. With Sawyer falling ill and needing to be carried, how could they get there so quickly? And in time for A-L to be around Shannon long enough to kill her?

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-20-05 at 02:55 PM
The upcoming new episode is heavy on Shannon flashbacks, including an appearance by Ian Somerhalder as Boone. It also includes a love scene with Sayid, and another "vision" appearance by Walt. I'll post some photos if anyone cares

I believe they wrap up Shannon's story in this episode.
Just one of the reasons to believe the victim is Shannon.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-20-05 at 02:44 PM
based on who dies- I think Rousseau is the killer-
because she thinks she's gone crazy and she has the "sickness"

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-20-05 at 02:57 PM
I'm torn between this theory, which sounds really credible, and my own theory, which is that Ana Lucia has gone "Lord of the Flies" crazy and kills Shannon.

If both killer and killed are females, there are a limited number of plausible combinations. I don't see Rose killing Sun, for instance.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 10-20-05 at 04:13 PM
Here's a bit more from Kristen:

10/17 - I just found out HOW the female on Lost dies and ... I want to cry. I'm not kidding. It's so shocking. So good. And so unbelievable. The doomed female dies NOT at the hands of the monster. But it is at the hands of someone we know who .... well, given this twist, just might BE a monster.

also

A female series regular will die at the hands of another female series regular.

I don't think Rousseau counts as a series regular. And I don't think we would consider it a twist if she killed someone. For it to be a twist, it's going to have to be someone we wouldn't think would kill someone. To me, that kind of narrows it down to Sun and Claire. We know Kate would kill someone if she felt it furthered her interests. We suspect the same about Ana Lucia.

To support this, keep in mind that Claire spent time in the custody of the Others, or at least with the group Ethan was a part of which we suspect to be the Others.

Thanks PM!

Posted by weltek on 10-20-05 at 04:20 PM
Could anyone think of a situation Shannon might try to take, or harm, Claire's baby? I think Claire would flip a lid & kill for that.

Posted by Steph_Fan on 10-20-05 at 07:40 PM
Maybe Walt tells her to? Or, maybe she thinks she needs to protect Aaron from the Others so he won't end up like Walt, and Claire thinks she is going to harm him?

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

"OK! I'm dumb!"
Posted by wandacal on 10-21-05 at 07:00 AM

Who the heck is Kristen?

Lost with PhoenixMons!

QUIET, Augie!

"RE: OK! I'm dumb!"
Posted by AugustGirl on 10-21-05 at 07:04 AM
Kristen Veitch from E! Entertainment. Her Lost spoilers are usually spot on.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/index.html?fdnavgos2

a GothMog original

Whut?

Posted by weltek on 10-20-05 at 03:44 PM
That's my favorite theory, bawdy.

Posted by FesterFan1 on 10-20-05 at 08:09 PM
In trying to figure out what's gonna happen in the next episode, I thought I'd start with the spoiler that it's a female "regular" who offs another female "regular". Well, we know the decedent, so that's half the battle.

As for whodunit, we need to pull in Kristen's other spoiler about it being shocking to the point that she wanted to cry. The way I read that, it's more how she dies than who kills her that brings about such a visceral response, but in doing the deed, the perpetrator is revealed to be a potential "monster". So, based on the criteria that the killer must be a regular, must be capable of a shocking type of violence, AND must be headed down the trail of monster-dom, let's go through our options...

And the nominees are:

Sun: Regular? Yes. Capable of shocking violence? Doubt it. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? Nope. Verdict: Least likely killer.

Libby: Regular? Qualified yes. (She's in the opening credits and cast photos for Season 2) Capable of shocking violence? Not on a bet. This gal seems scared of her own shadow. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? Nah, she's more likely to come along and eff with everyone's head. Verdict: She's got bigger fish to fry.

Claire: Regular? Supposedly, but has been MIA this season. Capable of shocking violence? Maybe, if someone was threatening her baby or if she got programmed like some island Manchurian Candidate by the Others. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? I don't think so. She's been in all of 3 or 4 scenes this season, and in each case it's been in a supporting fashion. They haven't touched her story at all this season, and I don't think that's where it's headed. I think it's going to be more toward finally trusting Charlie only to have him relapse (or come close to relapse). I seriously doubt they're going to go Zero to Psycho Killer with her in the next episode. Verdict: Possible, but not likely.

Rousseau: Regular? No. She's not in any promo photos, nor is she part of the opening credits. Capable of shocking violence? Violence? Yes. Shocking violence? Only if the actions of a woman who has been trapped on an island for 16 years, has had her own infant ripped from her, has stolen another's baby to ransom her own, and has tortured a man with electrodes are a shock to anyone at this point. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? No. She's likely to remain the island's home-grown enigma. She has much more narrative value that way. Verdict: Doesn't really fulfill much of the criteria, so I say not the killer.

Kate: Regular? Yep. Capable of shocking violence? Yep. Even though we've seen her kill already, she still has this mystery around her that she may have done it all for defensible reasons. And she still has that innocent look about her. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? I don't think so. I don't think this is the right time for her story to take a nosedive into the black pit of heinousness. She's pining for Sawyer fer chrissakes. (Unless, of course, that was all an act.) Verdict: She's my choice #2, but I'd be shocked if it was her (which may, after all, be the entire point of this exercise).

Ana Lucia: Regular? Well, she's had a lot of face time the past few episodes and is one of the "new" cast members, so yeah, I think she qualifies as a regular. Capable of shocking violence? Definitely. I don't think we've seen half of what she's capable of. Likely to have story arc take a turn for the purely E-Vil? The best candidate, I believe. Her whole storyline, and the storyline of the tailies and what happened to them has led up to this moment. At this point she's like a female Sawyer--just a badass. I don't believe the audience at large believes she's a bad person. I think they think she's been through some sh!t and has some trust issues...and who could blame her? When she turns out to be a real bad seed (whether she was pre-crash or whether she became one post-crash), it will shock the audience, especially if she dispenses with her victim in a cold-hearted manner. Verdict: Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!

From a pure storytelling perspective, it's not Lost's style to have such a major change of character in one episode after we've been led to believe the opposite. Yes, they do reveal dark corners in people's pasts, and yes, they do have characters do the unexpected, but for some character to go from generally good camper to evil ruthless killer in one episode? I don't think so.

Look at it from another angle. Episode 3 introduced us to the other survivors, but primarily focused on the Hatch. Episode 4 split island time about evenly between Hurley and the raft party. Episode 5 focused primarily on the tailies and rafties feeling each other out. Episode 7 will focus exclusively on what happened to the tailies up until now. What's the missing episode? Episode 6, wherein we see Ana Lucia do something so dispicable we sit back and think "how in the hell could someone do that?" Then we find out in Episode 7, in true Lost fashion.

Ana Lucia is your killer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...unless it's Kate, or Claire, or...

Fester
I knew all those hours trying to spoil Survivor would come in handy someday.

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-20-05 at 08:41 PM
I with you Fester. Having Ana-Lucia as a badass gives Kate a female foil to deal with, which was missing in the first season. We've seen most of the men tangle with each other in a battle for Big Dog. Now we can see Kate and Ana-Lucia compete for Alpha Female.

If Ana-Lucia doesn't end up in a pit prison for the rest of the season.

a GothMog original

"Season One: Lessons learned"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-20-05 at 09:43 PM
Learning my lesson from last season's completely predictable Boone death and taking into account what we DO know about the female characters, I'd have to say that it really can't be anyone but Ana-Lucia...for basically the same reasons you mentioned above, Fester.

Shannon seeing Walt (who the tailies now know was taken by the others) when no one else can see him...now that's gotta be uber creepy for someone who's witnessed tailies dropping like flies as a result of the others (in some way or another) and already has a violent streak. Ana-Lucia would probably go completely ballistic if she thought Shannon was one of the others, and I'm guessing that's what's gonna happen. Shannon's visions of Walt will, I'm sure, have a lot to do with why she dies.

Kate would really be the only other viable option, IMO. She's seen lots of the island's weirdness and even though she's killed before, we're still supposed ot think that she's somehow a victim...can't imagine that changing in one episode, but I suppose it could. It's certainly a much bigger (and completely unbelievable) jump for Sun to turn evil, though.

Got blog?

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-20-05 at 10:44 PM
That's what I'm talkin' bout, Willis.

TJ: Post 15.

Fester: Post 20. But with logic and stuff.

Ana-Lucia is the killer.

Posted by Rhyn on 10-21-05 at 07:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-05 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

One thing that would shock me is if a seemingly non-violent female killed someone. You know, how Sun poisoned Jin, Shannon stole the key to the gun case, and Walt burned down the raft. There seems to be a lot of "Wow, I never expected _____ to be the one to do _____."

I don't think Ana is evil. I'd be more inclined to believe that (based on the pattern so far) Libby turns out to be the evil one. Or the killer. Or whatever.

"Phenomenal"
Posted by J I M B O on 10-21-05 at 04:00 PM

Great analysis.

One thing it made me ponder as for the potential sequence of events. As peeps have suggested Shannon's visions of Walt might leak to AL and lead her to believe Shannon is crazy/the others/etc.

Given Walt's 'abilities', what if he tells Shannon something wicked scary about AL? Shannon confronts AL, or AL overhears something, and the stuff hits the fan. Walt might have seen AL after the capture. Maybe AL is a mole to get inside the group again (after all, Ethan seemed to have a purpose as a spy and they can't get another one in there unless they believed them to be a crash survivor.)

The main reason I think this is because of the emphasis on BE in Kristen's quote...might actually BE a monster. This hints of some sort of Others/island influence which again singles out AL as the only possible female culprit.

I just hope the next 'vision' isn't scrambled and backward.

Posted by zombiebaby on 10-21-05 at 08:43 AM
My head is saying that Ana Lucia is the killer all logical evidence is pointing this way. But I want more shocking!

I do wonder a little about Libby too. How do we know if she was on the plane? I say this because we don't know if the tail section survivors had their own "Ethan Rom", someone who posed as a crash victim. From Jack's prior flashback we know Ana Lucia was on the plane.

From what I have heard we won't know who does the killing for a couple of episodes after. Did anyone else hear this? I don't remember exactly. I thought it would be revealed after the tail section episode. By revealed to I am unsure if just the viewing audience knows or the Lostaways find out at the same time.

A PhoenixMons Creation

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-21-05 at 01:05 PM
If you read the Kristen spoiler- she does not say the killer is shocking- just the manner in which the female victim is killed- that is what is shocking- the way it happens not who does it.

I think like Boone's death it will be obvious. There's no way Jin or Claire will be the killer. It will have to be Ana-Lucia or Kate (or Rousseau if she's returning to the cast- but it seems doubtful).

Also the part about the person may turn out to be a monster- Kate has been shown to be really cold-blooded in the past- no one on the island knows about her past except Saywer knows she killed a man.

Ana-Lucia is not a likable character. It would be shocking if she killed Shannon, but not surprising by the violence she's shown so far.

However, there is supposed to be a "love-quadrangle" between Kate-Jack-Ana Lucia-Saywer that develops once they are all together.

Handcrafted by RollDdice 2005

"For what it's worth..."
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 10-22-05 at 09:19 PM
... check out this article on Maggie Grace:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/tv/article.adp?id=20051019071909990008

She bought a house in Hawaii.

They're planning on developing, and redeeming her character.

I don't know if this is evidence for or against her demise!

"RE: For what it's worth..."
Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-23-05 at 00:02 AM
This part at the end confirms again that Shannon is history:

Grace's island stay has lasted long enough for her to purchase a home not far from Honolulu. She plans to live there for as long as her "Lost" run continues. "I love it here," she says, "but it's not a place you can really pursue acting."

Posted by Lisapooh on 10-25-05 at 02:29 PM
part of me wants Libby to be the killer because it would be unexpected and because the actresss that portrays her did such an incredible job playing a seemingly nice, ineffectual person that turned into a raging lunatic on Guiding Light. She did a phenomenal (and subtle for a soap) job turning Nurse Annie from do-gooder to grade-A wingnut.

Posted by weltek on 10-27-05 at 11:33 AM
I remember that, Pooh! I was excited when I saw her on Lost. She really is a great actress.

Posted by pumpkinqueen on 10-28-05 at 00:24 AM
i loved crazy nurse Annie--she is a great actress (and she can do that "crazy eye" thing). i hope she's the killer because she does great psycho!

yes, it is a PhoenixMons

Posted by Das Mole on 10-27-05 at 11:17 AM
What if Shannon had another case of PMS, as she does in every episode () and walks off into the forest only to come across the Others...and the real Claire is there, has been brainwashed, and kills Shannon?

And the Claire on the beach w/Charlie is simply a clone...you never know w/all the f*cked up stuff we've seen on this show so far.

Posted by India on 11-01-05 at 05:36 PM
Aww, hell! I'll just sit around and hope that this is a red-herring. Shannon's character has come so far, and Maggie Grace has done a spectacular job. I'd be really sorry to see her killed off.