URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 178
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"20/20 Lost Segment"

Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 05-06-05 at 10:58 PM
Did anyone else catch this? Check out the transcript:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Entertainment/story?id=732221&page=1

One interresting tidbit:

"Lost" co-creator J.J. Abrams appreciates the fans' creativity.

"The purgatory one is a great one, I love that theory — but it isn't what it is. I'd be frustrated if that were the answer I have to say," he said.

So the survivors are not in purgatory and it's not a dream. And producers say there is a logical explanation for everything.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 20/20 Lost Segment"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 05-06-05 at 11:04 PM
One thing the creators talked about that isn't in the article - their influences.

Alfred Hitchcock, and the Twilight Zone.

They also said they pay homage to their favourite movies all the time.

The hand coming out of the earth was influenced by the movie Carrie, and Claire walking through the woods all alone and pregnant was inspired by Rosemary's Baby.

Posted by calamityc on 05-07-05 at 06:31 AM
Loved the segment. It was interesting that they mentioned some of the theories that have floated around: character triangles reflecting Bermuda triangle, redemption and second chance themes. I really like the cast, they seem so appreciative they have landed in a hit series.

Posted by AnaNg3 on 05-08-05 at 00:20 AM
I thought it was very interesting. What they said about it not being a dream or purgatory knocks off a couple of theories. I'm surprised that they didn't mention the Stand being an influence. I really wanted to hear more about it.

With the scene with Claire being based on Rosemary's baby supports the idea that the baby is evil or "special"

I thought it was really well done. Commented on theories along with info on the show.