URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 102
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Why so many reruns?"

Posted by M on 02-02-05 at 09:27 PM
Just curious why the show keeps running the "oldies", its almost getting hard to remember small details when we have to go so many weeks between new episodes. Any ideas? I think it will hurt the overall ratings of the show, how can we stay hooked when we only get a fix every few weeks? I thought reruns were for summer...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Why so many reruns?"
Posted by AugustGirl on 02-03-05 at 07:38 AM
I think ABC is waiting to capture the February sweeps numbers. Don't think it is going to hurt them in the long run. I have a few friends at work who got hooked on Lost late and missed a few episodes. They are tickled pink they have been able to see what they missed the first time around.

I've watched from the beginning and am not bothered by the reruns. I look forward to watching again to see if I pick up any clues. In fact, I can't wait to get the first DVD set, whenever that will come out. I hope soon!

And hi there M. Welcome to the boards.

a J Slice original. isn't she something?

Posted by Drive My Car on 02-03-05 at 09:56 AM

The Augie, she helpful.

I think one reason for the reruns is to get more people hooked on the show., those that came in late would have missed too much to stick with it.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-03-05 at 02:56 PM
Also, I don't think they quite expected the show to be so wildly popular and didn't initially have a run longer than 14 episodes planned -- correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was until after the first few episodes had been aired on TV before ABC ordered more episodes to bring the total up to 23.

Scratch and sniff

Posted by Smooth23 on 02-10-05 at 04:24 PM
I think our skunk friend has hit the nail on the head once again.

Posted by My Kids Mom on 02-11-05 at 09:18 PM
I was thinking another reason could be that American Idol is back on FOX. It's also on at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, at least in my time zone. Just a thought.