URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 810
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"This year's Scandalous Idol of the Year Award goes to..."

Posted by xwraith27 on 03-04-08 at 09:18 AM
... David Hernandez.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: This year's Scandalous Idol of the Year Award goes to..."
Posted by Corvis on 03-04-08 at 09:27 AM
I really hope they don't disqualify him for this. So he was a stripper. So what?

Posted by agman on 03-04-08 at 10:16 AM
I agree. They try and say that this is America's Idol and that this person needs to live up to a certain standard but, look how many celebrities are terrible role models due to drinking, drugs etc. Stripping seems like a minor offense to me.

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by xwraith27 on 03-04-08 at 10:27 AM
Agreed. However, Idol has disqualified some contestants (Frenchie) for appearing nude in a magazine. Still, just last year, they let Antonella stay even with her racy pictures floating on the Internet. I read somewhere that Ramiele also has some like that on her Myspace / Facebook / other networking site, which were taken down.

Posted by zazzy on 03-04-08 at 11:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-08 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Seems like the requisite Idol story for the year...seems like Idol would already know this info...and it also seems interesting that this stuff comes out at this stage each year. Good PR fodder.

Idol Blueprint?

How to build AI post initial rounds when they make fun of America and supposedly discover the unknown and desperately pull in ringers to shore up the talent for the season:

First...have a front runner that everyone can buzz about-- (David A).

Boot (pre-planned) cannon fodder who got little screen time, iffy song choices, and cruddy judges' comments.

Next...stir the pot with some "scandalous" info (David, Ramiele) about contestants to keep people tuning in.

Narrow to top 12 and repeat cannon fodder boots at 12,11,10 &9. Scandalized contestants will usually be gone by 9th place?

Build interest in one or two more likely contenders for the F2 (two if the front runner is losing steam).

Use celeb guest mentors and Idol Gives Back celebathon to build interest mid way through the top 12---top 2 portion of the show.

Bring back 19M managed former idols (Ruben, Kellie P, Daughtry, Carrie, etc.) to keep the former fans interested.

Build excitement over 2-3 possible winners with comments from guest mentors and judges' interviews and appearances on talk shows.

Fan fever pitch interest in the press.

Etc. etc.

Posted by Fishercat on 03-04-08 at 12:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-08 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

And in a stunner, VFTW gets it right...again.

This isn't a big deal. Although considering Idol's history with nude incidents (the noted Frenchie/Antonella as the main offenders) and the rumors of Idol trying to push homosexuality in contestants to the background, this may not bode well for Mr. Hernandez. Being a male stripper at a generally male club can't help the image AI likes to put forward of its performers.

Posted by Iconoclastic on 03-04-08 at 02:22 PM
Five bucks says that he's "voted off" this week.

Posted by geekboy on 03-04-08 at 02:28 PM
I sure hope not, because that boy can SANG!.

So, he danced around and made some cash with his junk flopping about. So what. I don't think Frenchie should have been cut either.

He is one of my favorites this year. He, unlike some others, DESERVES to be there.

geekboy

"I love puppies!" - S. Cowell

Posted by Wiggle on 03-04-08 at 02:45 PM
For sure I don't think David H should be send home by this -- whatever floats your boat and gets the bills paid -- but am I the only one who is grossed out by the thought of NUDE male stripping and lap dances? Ew. Give 'em a cute gold lame g-string to pack their stuff into any day as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Iconoclastic on 03-04-08 at 02:47 PM
Agree with everything you said, other than being a personal favorite. That being said, the second I saw this on CNN and MSNBC's websites, I thought "well, they're going to kick him to the curb". Maybe they'll wait till next week so it's not so obvious.

Posted by agman on 03-04-08 at 03:10 PM
word!

Sculpted by Tribe

Posted by TxMom2011 on 03-04-08 at 04:27 PM
I'll take that..... my FIVE bucks say they will keep him JUST so we keep tuning in to see if they kick him off.....

btw David H is one my favorites.... what a fantastic instrument.... umm.. errr.. voice i mean

"Too bad he's staying..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-04-08 at 04:48 PM
would have been nice to be David H free this week.

Man does he grate...or is that gyrates on my last nerves. Here's to a double David(A & H!) boot this week!

"RE: Too bad he's staying..."
Posted by taffnic on 03-04-08 at 06:20 PM
I agree with you. I have never gotten the love for David H. He irritates me.

"RE: Too bad he's staying..."
Posted by volsfan on 03-04-08 at 09:17 PM
Why the hate zombie? The boy can belt it out. I thought he did very well this week and unless America decides to vote him off for being a stripper...I think he is safe for the final 12.

"Doc!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-04-08 at 09:20 PM
I find him boring. He did well the "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" but I just find him boring!

But if my hate brought you out then I must continue

*smooch*

"RE: Doc!"
Posted by volsfan on 03-04-08 at 09:55 PM
I lvoe him! I think he is a good singer. Good enough to win? I dunno butt I don't think he deserves to go home now.

*smooch* the Zombs!

Posted by Estee on 03-04-08 at 07:17 PM
And now he's in line for a screenwriting Oscar. So?

Posted by CattyChat on 03-05-08 at 08:36 AM
I don't care what the contestant's past/present involves as long as it is nothing illegal, violence-related and not harmful to anyone.

The fact that David shook his money maker for men & women, I don't care. However, now I understand the underlying cheesiness vibe I was getting from him all along. I thought -- he's a nice looking guy, but there's something about him that turns me off. Hmm.

Anyway, he can sing, but he doesn't do anything for me. He certainly shouldn't be DQ'd for stipping. The next question will be if he's given more than lap dances for money like some female stippers do?? There are potential juicy stories to be leaked.

Posted by mindy23 on 03-05-08 at 09:31 AM
There is also the video that Danny has out-didn't get a chance to see it before it was taken down. But it has a LOT of people disturbed and outraged. Something to do with him making fun of Christmas and citing incidents of rape in a comedial way??

Anyway, don't like that kid in the first place-mostly due to his attitude, beside, don't think he's 'all that', though he thinks he created the universe.

It will just be interesting to see how all this really does effect the ratings and votings in the next week. I say by not much. American has gone way past most things, and frankly, I find that VERY SAD!

Posted by Snidget on 03-05-08 at 09:49 AM
http://tinyurl.com/276wau

Vote For the Worst still has it up.

Definitely a thing he did back during his punk phase.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

"Oh no!..."
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-05-08 at 10:08 AM
Not Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

He must be a liberal!

"RE: Oh no!..."
Posted by Snidget on 03-05-08 at 10:13 AM

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

I don't think he has a choice, he can't be a Republican because there is no way he could closet all that fierceness.

Although, given his complete lack of poker face trying to see him say anti-gay talking points with a straight face could be amusing.

"RE: Oh no!..."
Posted by CattyChat on 03-05-08 at 12:59 PM
Well, I have to say I'm not as much a fan of "Dark" Danny. I like him the way he is now -- Fierce, Fabulous & Ferosh!!

"Exactly!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 03-05-08 at 10:13 AM
This "scandal" does not bother me at all. In fact it might make me like him a touch more now or at least sympathetc to him more. Kind of takes the fun of bashing him away.

But yeah it's the cheesiness that I hate...and he is boring.

It would be sad if he did not go further because of this laughable "scandal". Hopefully the audience will be able to let this go.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

"RE: Exactly!"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-05-08 at 11:43 AM
I hate this. Now I feel like I should like him even though I haven't since the beginning. *sigh

and on a side note: Can you imagine being Danny's parents? I don't think I would have the energy required to keep up with this kid!

Agman took me to the islands

"RE: Exactly!"
Posted by MollyTV on 03-08-08 at 09:43 AM
funny you should say that...i was thinking the same thing.

before i knew any of the scandalous stuff i kept thinking how much he irks me...in a phil stacy sort of way.....i told my friends at work...i can't stand him as much as i can't stand phil....lol...and then watching him "get into" dancing behind princess daniel on his farewell song it all made sense....

he(david) really thinks he's hot and wanted....cause its all about looking at yourself in the mirror in these clubs...and thats the vibe that annoys me.
mollytv.