URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 566
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Simon on Howard Stern Show - Picks Top 3"

Posted by Ricky on 03-16-06 at 12:31 PM
Simon was on Howard Stern's radio show this morning.

He picked what he thought the Top 3 would be:
1) Chris Daughtry
2) Taylor Hicks
3) Kellie Pickler

He also said Mandisa won't win "I promise".

Howard asked if Paula was drunk/high when she gave goofy answers last week with the strange responses about "pizza, salad, corn flakes, melons". Simon said no she was just tired and acts strange when she doesn't get enough sleep.

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Simon on Howard Stern Show - Picks Top 3"
Posted by selah on 03-18-06 at 05:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-06 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

he did the same thing on Larry King yesterday and Jay Leno a few days before, including footage of the three named.. I don't know about you but I'm getting a little tired of the way he is trying to manipulate the audience into voting for who he desires to win.. he also said on Larry King that it doesn't matter who is voted off now because they wouldn't win anyway.

Posted by hplotr251 on 03-20-06 at 11:08 PM
Oh god, say it isn't so. I agree with Chris and Taylor (even though I personally am not a Taylor fan) but kellie? People should be getting voted on for singing and performance not because of a sob story.

Posted by Glow on 03-21-06 at 08:39 AM
Kellie's losing a lot of her likability to some of us. I think she's cute and I still adore the way she says "thaynk yew" but she plays it up way too much. The two things that will keep her in will be votefortheworst (after Kevin's gone - hopefully this week) and the people who can't see through her act. I seriously doubt she'll make final three though.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-21-06 at 08:43 AM
One can only hope Glowie......

-Mag

Posted by nailbone on 03-21-06 at 12:46 PM
Well, I'm beginning to see through her act, but she's still purty dang cute.

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by shawnar on 03-22-06 at 07:03 PM
I agree with Simon on Chris and Taylor. Thou I like Kellie the dumb act is getting a little old.I think Mandisa or Katherine is much better.

Posted by hplotr251 on 03-22-06 at 10:48 PM
I agree about Katherine and Mandisa being better singers than Kellie but Simon is usually right on with his predictions. Especially about who will win and who will go the furthest. So I guess we will just have to wait and see. Perhaps for once he will be wrong.

Posted by justsaynototoughlove on 03-23-06 at 05:05 AM
Simon forces right. He is incorrect as often as he is correct.
Yr one people didn't listen to him and Kelly won. At first he didn't care for her.

I voted for Clay and a few less for Rubin to keep him in, until they did longer songs. It was so obvious that Rubin couldn't sing in tune, or have the wind or voice control necessary to not take yrs to cut a song it was ridiculous. Yet the loser won.

Simon says and puppets listen, cuz half the world is tone deaf.

Posted by toddster90 on 03-23-06 at 08:25 AM
Ok - Yes Simon is usually correct about things but he also said that Taylor would never make the Top 24. I do think people listen to him and he sways votes but that's not his problem. Why are Americans so stupid that they can't make their own decisions?

Anyway - yes Chris should be in the top 3 but come on - the finals should be Chris vs. Katherine - they are the best 2 and notice how Simon keeps praising her more and more. Of course I do think the producers have some "influence". There is no way Kellie will win since Carrie won last year. So far we have not had a white male win - this is awful to think about but it's true and if you think the producers don't think of this well....that's your opinion. Chris has the edge there. Katherine is a bit like Kelly Clarkson so that could hurt her in the producers' minds. But don't think they aren't already getting songwriters ready to make an album for the soon-winner. Obviously if Chris wins they will have different writers/musicians on hand than if Katherine wins. Anyway - the final 3 should/will be Chris, Katherine and probably Taylor or Mandisa