URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 454
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"song requests for BO and CARRIE!"

Posted by coleslaw on 05-22-05 at 04:52 AM
if i could choose the songs for Bo and Carrie i would choose "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynrd Skynrd and "Desperado" by the Eagles for Bo, and i would choose ANY Leanne Rimes song for Carrie. or like "Strawberry Wine" by Deanna Carter. who knows for carrie tho cuz she could sing virtually ANY country music song and it would sound good. what do the rest of u think for songs?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: song requests for BO and CARRIE!"
Posted by okaychatt on 05-22-05 at 04:58 PM
<"Desperado"

That song will forever bring back memories of that AWFUL singer from Hawaii last year. Not Jasmine - the other one who sang hesitantly and off key every performance. Shudder!

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by jan on 05-22-05 at 05:34 PM
For Carrie I think she could sing Bonnie Tyler's I Need a Hero or Streets of Fire. Both songs really rock and would stretch her to the utmost limits. She needs fast paced, rousing songs. For Bo, I would choose Spinning Wheel or something like Southern Man by Neil Young. Do they each sing one of their own and then the judges have another one that they both sing? Trying to remember the format....

Posted by phantomphan on 05-24-05 at 05:25 PM
I think Bo would be good at some CCR songs, like Have you Ever Seen the Rain or some other ones. I agree, Carrie needs to sing something upbeat.

Posted by jan on 05-24-05 at 05:38 PM
Anything by CCR would be great for Bo! Carrie needs to stay with a fast paced song, not a dreamy ballad. The crunch is on and if she hopes to have a chance of winning this thing, she has to pull out all the stops. I still think a Bonnie Tyler song would do her justice. I Need a Hero, Streets of Fire or Heartache maybe. The chosen song that they both is always a ballad of some sort anyway, isn't it?

Posted by mindfazr on 05-26-05 at 12:53 PM
Black by Pearl Jam.

I always thought Bo sounded alot like Eddie Vedder

Posted by seahorse on 05-26-05 at 02:57 PM
Well we did get a chance to hear Bo sing Sweet Home Alabama

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Ricky on 05-26-05 at 04:51 PM
With Lynyrd Skynard no less.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Posted by HeyItsBryan on 05-26-05 at 05:19 PM
CCR is perfect for Bo. I was listening to this John Mellencamp song the other day, "Paper In Fire," that struck me as very Bo worthy, too.

Posted by Jenna_F on 05-27-05 at 10:33 PM
well, it's over now and what not, but still, if I could have chosen,

When Carrie sung "Sin wagon" the other week I thought it was the right band, but wrong song, as much as people like that song, I really don't think it's a good one for a singing competition, I would of had her singing "Traveling Soldier", It's a much nicer song.

As for Bo, I don't really know, I thought him singing Rolling Stone's of some sort might of been a good idea, but that was before he went and actaully did that, I thought his version of "I can't get no satisfaction" was kind of dissapointing.
Maybe he would of been better suited for a song like "Drift Away"?