URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 448
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Will the ACMA's effect Carrie's voting?"

Posted by Flairmarq on 05-17-05 at 02:48 PM
Bad luck for Carrie as the Academy of Country Music Awards is tonight of all nights. Does anyone feel like I do that this is very detramental to Carrie's chances at making the final two? Or will people flip back and forth to get the numbers and vote, as its just another boring awards show?

Thoughts?

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Will the ACMA's effect Carrie's voting?"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 05-18-05 at 08:36 AM
I think that is an excellent point.

Carrie's fan base might think she's already a lock on the final two anyway.

It's that kind of overconfidence that leads to unexpected farewells.

Although I don't think Carrie's farewell would be a huge shock after last night performances.

At this point the season belongs to Bo.
(As long as his fans keep dialing.)

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by geg6 on 05-18-05 at 12:08 PM
Well, that would certainly make me happy. She was a train wreck last night. Of course, I've pretty much detested her all season.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Posted by okaychatt on 05-18-05 at 04:52 PM
<very detramental to Carrie's chances at making the final two?

Wow - you may be right about that. The ACMA would certainly pull in the country music fans.

I think Carrie will get a contract whether she wins or not, though.

I wonder how much of a crossover there is between solid country and AI fans. Any chance they're two entirely different groups, with some overlaps?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by lovwigglesworth on 05-18-05 at 07:34 PM
Josh Gracin was actually up for some award last night on the ACMA's. I think "new artist" but I really wasn't paying much attention. And I think Diana's album is country, has anyone bought it and knows for sure?
I went to billboard.com just out of curiosity. (They only let you see part of the lists unless you register). Josh was in the top 20 of new country artists, but not of all the country artists. Not that any of that lets us know anything about crossover or not, but whatever.
On a side note; Kelly is at #13 and Fantasia at #40 this week.

Posted by seahorse on 05-19-05 at 00:27 AM
I think the awards show was hurt more than AI by the concurrent showings. Most Carrie fans skipped the awards show, especially the fans motivated enough to vote.

Handcrafted by RollDdice