URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 107
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Can we take Simon seriously anymore?"

Posted by MarkP on 03-24-04 at 09:26 PM
I am a huge Simon fan because I love the way he says things the other judges dare not say....but now I realize he doesn't always "tell it like he sees it." Last year Josh did the exact same song that Latoya did last night (Ain't going Down). Josh opened the country competition and actually went out into the crowd like Latoya. He did a great job. Randy and Paula liked it. When it came to Simon he threw his hands up and said "I have no idea - I don't know this music." (similar to what he said to Amy last night)....so Latoya does the exact same song last night (and I thought she did a great job too) and Simon tells her "Fantastic Job." Simon was never a big Josh fan and its obvious he has a soft spot for Latoya and would like to see her go far (a little like John Stevens who Simon is pushing for some reason unknown to me). Same song but one year he has no idea and can't comment and the next year its fantastic. Also, even thought its not the same song, how is Latoya fantastic and he doesn't know country when another up temp song is sung by Amy (who I think was also very good)?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion