URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID63
Thread Number: 124
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Long threads and the constant locking of threads is driving me away..."

Posted by Pez on 12-17-05 at 04:19 PM
The constant locking of threads (and encouragement of posting to existing threads) has made posts unbearably slow to read.

When I open a thread that has 20 or 30 posts I can scroll down the page a read them all on a single page. When a thread mushrooms up to 50+ replies I must click on every post just to read anything. Every time I click on a post it take a few seconds to load. These few seconds really add up and inevitably I just get tired of the constant waiting and give up.

If there is a preference that I can set to expand all posts within a given thread, please tell me where it is!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Long threads and the constant locking of threads is driving me away..."
Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-17-05 at 04:26 PM
When a thread has 20+ posts, you can click "view all" and the entire thread will load. Scroll down past the list and read away.

You can also explore using "expand all" located in the upper left corner.

Welcome and may you persevere! It's usually only like that at the end of a show.

Posted by mysticwolf on 12-17-05 at 04:40 PM
What DooWah said. Also, heads up. Don't be upset if this thread is locked, too. There is a Help forum (found under Off Topic - scroll down, reading the blue pane to the left of your screen to find it). The peeps also prefer that you ask questions like that there (first looking, of course, to ensure it already hasn't been answered) instead of on in a show topic.

But, I understand your frustration. Welcome. Don't forget to read the guidelines. (Link at the top of every page.)

Bad Wolf! by PM

Posted by mrc on 12-17-05 at 06:03 PM
Ditto the wolf. And don't blame Bebo for locking thresds. Blame the posters who can't read the guidelines or purposely choose to ignore them. They are causing the problem for all of us.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!
"Because that's what Jesus would freakin' do!"--Izzie