URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 5927
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"WMD: Possible Break"

Posted by dabo on 05-07-03 at 07:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-03 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

http://www.msnbc.com/news/870749.asp

Pentagon probes ‘bioweapons lab’

Excerpts:

Search for banned weapons only beginning, officials say ...

DEPUTY UNDERSECRETARY of Defense Stephen Cambone said that the mobile unit was very similar to what was described by an Iraqi defector who gave information to the United States that was used in Secretary of State Colin Powell’s address at the United Nations in February, prior to the U.S. invasion of the country.

So far, the mobile unit is the closest evidence to the “smoking gun” that the United States has to prove Iraq had an ongoing program involving banned weapons.

The Bush administration said destroying Iraq’s suspected chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs was the main reason for the war. Despite weeks of searching its top suspected sites, none has been reported found so far.

Separately, White House spokesman Ari Fleischer repeated that the U.S. administration was confident that Saddam’s arsenal would be found.

Acknowledging that it was only one of his theories, Wallace said the reason such weapons never were used was that the Iraqis had to hide them from U.N. weapons inspectors up until the last days before the war.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: WMD: Possible Break"
Posted by TechNoir on 05-07-03 at 08:02 PM
You're lucky I have to go feed my dog because I'm feeling a real hard-core Ari Fleischer rant coming on.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

Posted by SaphireLady on 05-08-03 at 03:03 AM
I guess this is a good time for a YEAH. I have always believed that these weapons are there. Thanks.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 05-08-03 at 06:16 AM
I saw a news blurb on TV about Colin Powell briefing some people at the U.N. about this mobile lab, and also about other documentary evidence proving the existence of Saddam's WMD program. It was the reporter's opinion, with which I concur, that Powell wouldn't be giving this briefing if the U.S. didn't have something to brief about.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged