URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 4166
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A Pippy Update (with pics)"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-24-03 at 06:40 AM
The little fella is now 11 days old and is already shaping up to be a huge DAW. He's had people practically lining up to visit him, offering up gifts and kneeling before him - you'd think he was a king or something.

Both baby and mother are doing very well and Aidan has really been filling out - he's already gained nearly a pound now from his birth weight after the initial 10% dropoff in the first three days after birth. We had a hearing screen test yesterday and he passed (means he can hear).

Pene is starting to feel like normal again and it also helps that the baby has been sleeping better lately to allow us to gradually get back into the routine of things.

We're also discovering that Aidan seems to be unusually strong. After 3 or 4 days, he was twirling his head around and supporting himself with his arms outstretched from me. My sister (who's a doula, like a midwife) said that babies normally don't start doing this until they're a few weeks old.

His looks... the early verdict is that he seems to resemble me more than his mother, although you can definitely see both of us in his face. His lips are just like his older brother, Zach.

I'm looking forward to having today off from work! We were supposed to have the ministry's visit this coming Wednesday but it got postponed to late February so my coworker and I decided to close down the school for the day to let everyone have a long weekend and catch up on some much-needed sleep. I worked late until midnight two nights in a row this week trying to get caught up on the paperwork and teaching a night class in addition to my regular daytime duties -- all that and being there for the late night feedings has really zapped the energy level! It'll be nice to veg out today and throughout the whole weekend. We got a few movies from the video store to watch over the weekend -- Pene has never seen the actor, Aidan Quinn, in action so she wanted to see what her son's namesake is like. We've got "Legends of the Fall" and "Michael Collins" and I'm going to see if I can find "Benny and Joon" at another video store later on.

Here's some pics of Aidan...

Aidan, 11 days old

Getting ready for his first trip outside

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A Pippy Update (with pics)"
Posted by SurvivinDawg on 01-24-03 at 07:27 AM
Aidan is a real cutie! DAWdom seems to come naturally...

Loves babies, and baby pics...
Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"Adjust his own head angle..."
Posted by IceCat on 01-24-03 at 07:28 AM
... in order to best the best light angle...

... at age 11 days = TOTAL DAW!

Posted by smiley on 01-24-03 at 08:00 AM
That is sooooooo adorable. Pepe and Pene...you guys must be so proud!

Posted by Wheezy on 01-24-03 at 08:13 AM

Thank you for the update!! In the top pic, he looks like you, Pepe, around the eyes.

Hugs to Pene and all the kids!!

Posted by Drive My Car on 01-24-03 at 08:41 AM

WHAT A BEAUTY!!!
He is so cute.

I really want to thank you guys for sharing this special time with all of us. It has been really beautiful and wonderful to feel the Love with you.

Posted by Q on 01-24-03 at 09:07 AM
What a cutie that one is. And very observant too, it seems. He is looking right at the camera in the first pick, so you are right, the perfect future DAW.

And OMH, that bundled up shot is too cute. He looks like one of the baby bears on his outfit. I love that shot!

You must be so proud.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Posted by dabo on 01-24-03 at 09:07 AM
AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Adorable and Strong, he's got it all!

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by kyngsladye on 01-24-03 at 09:30 AM
I love the bear suit! These are so adorable, thanks Pepe.

|

Posted by Canada Girl on 01-24-03 at 09:31 AM

What a CUTIE!!! Gasp...

He;s adorable in every way. So happy for you both!

Posted by jkokoj on 01-24-03 at 09:36 AM
Simply adorable and quite a DAW!LOL

Posted by Femme on 01-24-03 at 09:44 AM
Oh my gosh, he's adorable! What a doll baby! Congratualtions, again, you two!

Femme
"I shall no longer play the field; the field stinks, both economically and socially."

Posted by Spidey on 01-24-03 at 09:48 AM
OMH, what a DAW! Look at him looking right into the camera! Very distiguished for an 11 day old! Of course, he comes by his dawness quite naturally.

Congrats and enjoy him!

An IceCat Original, 2002 Eagles sigpic stays up til after the Super Bowl. Devastation does not equal humiliation.

Posted by wendyp on 01-24-03 at 09:59 AM
He is so cute!! Love the bundled up shot. he has the look like "AWWW do I have to wear my coat, the other kids will laugh"

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 01-24-03 at 10:21 AM
He's so precious! Absolutely perfect! I'm glad to hear Pene is feeling well. Enjoy your day off Pepe. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Beautiful!

Posted by PleaseKillMe on 01-24-03 at 10:31 AM
He's so CUTE. And very aware and alert for an eleven day old baby; obviously a sign of superior intelligence. AND he's a snappy dresser.

"HANDSOME!"
Posted by Sheila on 01-24-03 at 10:36 AM
Beautiful pictures of the little man! He is stunning! I love his bright eyes and, yes, he even looks intelligent! I just want to pick him up and give him a great big hug.

Like Buggy said, thanks for sharing this special time of your life with SB!

"OMH...cuteness overload!!!!!"
Posted by snoocharoo on 01-24-03 at 11:00 AM
WOW Pepe...he's beautiful. Like angel sent from heaven. Aidan looks incredibly strong and healthy for only being 11 days old, he looks ore like a couple months old.

MMmmmmmm...I can smell that soft, warm baby smell from here. you guys done good, I bet you "practice" a lot!

Posted by Esbea on 01-24-03 at 11:17 AM
awwwwww Pepe....whatta cutie! and how lucky are we that youre sharing him with us? all he needs now is a skunk suit!
Esbea

"Too cute!!!"
Posted by moonbaby on 01-24-03 at 11:30 AM
Adorable, alert and sooo camera aware he's like a little nightly news reporter...hard to believe he's only 11 days old! Thanks for the update, please send best wishes to Pene!

"Aidan is CUTE!"
Posted by Survivorchick on 01-24-03 at 02:13 PM
I can't beleive I almost missed this. What a total sweetheart. He already looks older than 11 days. All bundled up like that, what an adorable little munchkin. You're a lucky man Mr. LePew

Posted by Swami on 01-24-03 at 02:17 PM
What a cutie! You guys done good.

And I agree with others, he looks older than 11 days. He is holding his head very well, and looking where he's looking. Smart kid!

I have read that babies pick up signs very quickly & easily, more so than verbal speech. In fact there is a book called Baby Signs or something that advocates using some signs for all babies. They are able to pick up & start using a few signs by around 6-8 months age, well before most kids say their first word. Has that been your experience? Remembering my own babies, it sure made sense to me.

Swami

Posted by LadyT on 01-24-03 at 02:32 PM
You guys are so lucky, Aidan is so beautiful. My best to all of you

Posted by Bucky Katt on 01-24-03 at 02:41 PM
He is so cute! I think in the first pic he looks like he thinks he is royalty! And in the second one I get the sense of "Oh don't embarass me with this bear suit, the other babies will laught at me!"

Congrats again to you both!

"I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it's requested or not."

Posted by samiam on 01-24-03 at 02:56 PM
OMH, I can't believe he's only 11 days old! He looks so much older in that top picture.

You guys done good!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -- Chekhov

Posted by L82LIFE on 01-24-03 at 05:34 PM
Pepe and Pene, he's GORGEOUS! Wow, he looks much older than his age. Look at those eyes, taking everything in. Very adorable. I love the teddy bear outfit he's all bundled up in. How cute he looks!

Ditto what Buggy said about you sharing this experience with all of us. It's been wonderful to be a part of the love an joy.

Posted by SherpaDave on 01-24-03 at 05:36 PM
Yay! What a handsome young man!

Criminals From the Neck Up

"Hugs for the LePews!"
Posted by Asrai on 01-24-03 at 05:58 PM
Aidan looks absolutley cuddly-wuddly! I can practically see those little wheels turning in his head! I'm so happy for you and Pene. Pene did an outstanding job and deserves a great big hug!

Thanks, Pepe, for sharing your happiness with all of us!

"Need I say more?"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 01-24-03 at 06:51 PM

Posted by Mon Cherie on 01-25-03 at 02:28 AM
Awwww, cute pics! So glad to hear all is well with the LePews.

*Hugs*
Mon

Posted by GeorgiaBelle on 01-25-03 at 08:03 AM
He is a living doll. Thanks for sharing. *hugs to all of you*