URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID6
Thread Number: 38319
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Cell phone question"

Posted by Molaholic on 12-22-13 at 09:02 PM
As some of you may know, I'm set for a short trip to London & Paris over New Years. My current dumb-phone provider does not cover Europe, but I would like to have a phone while I'm over-there. So, what options are available for a reasonable price? Do the no-contract phones have the coverage I need (I won't need a whole lot of minutes, nor any bells or whistles -- just something quick, cheap & easy).

Merci

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Check the phone shops in the airport"
Posted by IceCat on 12-22-13 at 11:31 PM
All kinds of options for UK and Europe.

"RE: Cell phone question"
Posted by newsomewayne on 12-23-13 at 08:29 AM
I won't need a whole lot of minutes,... -- just something quick, cheap & easy

Looking for the Miley Cyrus plan, I see.

Black Friday expectations delivered by Agman, 2011
"Who, me? I was unaware. I found out when you did. Nobody's madder than me...." - President Barack Obama on, well, everything.

"RE: Cell phone question"
Posted by kingfish on 12-23-13 at 09:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-23-13 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

I have no idea what type of phone or calling plan you have, but it may be possible for you to just call your provider and tell them that you want to be able to use your phone while in Europe, and they can flip a switch (or something) to allow that on your phone.

They were able to do that for me (T-Mobile), and my phone is not the smartest either.

It may add a few bucks to your bill, but if so you can call them again when you return and get them to unflip the switch.

BTW, don't get drunk and start sending phone pics to your friends back in the states. That gets expensive. Especially when your friends don't really give a care about what your French pate looks like.

Remember your international calling international code prefixes, even with an enabled phone you can't call back home without the correct international prefix.

Enjoy your trip, tell the Queen that Kingfish says "Hey" (the Queen of England, that is, not to be confused with, well, anyway...), and remember that Porter beer is served warm. It's very good and worth many a go, but be prepared for its being warm.